Gym classes - which do you recommend?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I joined a new gym today and they offer a few different classes...

• Pure Abs
  • Aerotone
  • Step
  • Zumba
  • Bums and Tums

What have any of you done and what do you recommend? Remember, I've very fat and don't want to be too embarrassed!! haha

If you like to dance it has to be Zumba..Great fun :D

Hmm I don't like to dance in front of people so maybe not!

caroline g said:
I joined a new gym today and they offer a few different classes...

[*]Pure Abs
[*]Aerotone
[*]Step
[*]Zumba
[*]Bums and Tums

What have any of you done and what do you recommend? Remember, I've very fat and don't want to be too embarrassed!! haha

You are so not as fat as you think Caroline!! In fact I think zumba would be just the thing for you. I've been to several and you won't be the biggest person or the clumsiest (that's my title lol) there. And actually you might find that a bit of shaking your stuff might well help you learn to like the stuff better!! I'm appallingly bad at zumba but it's good fun and I sort of enjoy wobbling my booty :) even if my booty does just wobble about rather than look like remotely shakira like!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Totally agree with Legomom. I'm 5ft and a size 18 and I promise you I'm not the biggest in any of my classes. The instructor will tell you "just have fun". I've been going for over a year now and I still make mistakes... Give it a go :)

Don't argue with your elders lol why don't you settle in at the gym and then see how you feel? And take the trainer session!!! It's worth it just for a few free tips!!

I flipping LOVE zumba... dancing like a complete twunt is the best!!! x

Yeah, go for it! When I first started junning/rogging outside I was really self-conscious. 2 weeks in I was really proud (not in an arrogant way) that I was out there and doing it - even if I was like a drunk panting chihuahua! No one really notices you, they're too caught up in themselves. I bet they're also envious that you've got the getupandgo to go do it! :)

Actually, have you ever seen any guys at gym classes? I quite like the idea of them, but not sure I'd like to be the only man in a class of 30 ladies!

Wait...what?! Time to hit the gym! :D

I would have a go at them all and then continue with what you like. Like the other I think you may be in for a surprise if you try Zumba. Everyone is that busy concentrating on copying the instructor no-one gives a damn about anyone else. In the class I go to I would say at least a third (including me) go the wrong way etc but it is such high energy good fun you don't care.
It is a good fat burner, I would say I build up more of a sweat on that than the other classes I do but don't notice it as much as I having such a good time

Face the fear and do it anyway. Good luck.

I MIGHT give Zumba a try but to be honest I won't be expecting to go back! I don't dance. I can't dance. And yeah... it'll be interesting! I'll just hide at the back lol

*Michael* said:
Actually, have you ever seen any guys at gym classes? I quite like the idea of them, but not sure I'd like to be the only man in a class of 30 ladies!

Wait...what?! Time to hit the gym! :D

Not seen any men brave enough to try zumba but have seen a few at other classes? Especially spin. :)

Not seen any men brave enough to try zumba but have seen a few at other classes? Especially spin. :)

We have one or two guys in zumba. Most guys come to body combat, but only the weekend classes not the mid-week ones... not sure why...

Yeah I've seen guys in Kickboxing, Boxercise etc. but then I guess they're seen as more 'manly'. I'm going to an Aqua Aerobics class with a girl from on here tonight, she didn't want to go by herself and lives not too far away so I said I'd do it with her. Not sure if I'll keep going all the time though as I'll have to pay for that one so makes more sense for me to do the classes at my gym but I'll definitely go for a few weeks to help her get into it. It might make me more confident about the classes at my gym too, maybe! I'm going to pop in there this morning and book for Zumba on Thursday. I might not get on with it but it's worth a try. I might give them all a go over this week and the next and pick one or two that I like the most I think.

We had a couple of guys come join our Zumba class for a while but we scared them off after a few weeks :)

As far as not being able to dance Caroline..When I first rang up about joining the class I told my instructor I had the coordination of a drunken centerpied. She told me not to worry about it as everything is repeated and I'd pick it up..On the whole she's been right.

Zumba was fully booked, oh well, what a shame... NOT!!

Back