Gym....

Cherrypie

Just got a fab deal for 28 days for 28 pound at a local gym. I'm hoping that this may really get some weight off before my birthday. Last year I was a regular gym goer but eating normally (badly) and a bit nervous that I may not be getting enough calories to exercise -
Does anyone excerise or go to the gym and how would you suggest I start off? Thanks x

Very carefully, don't do too much and make sure you have extra calories or all you'll end up doing is putting your body into starvation mode, which is likely to stall weight loss. Light toning is good, too much cardio and you'll likely hit the danger zone though.

I love the gym too! But to be honest you'll probably find you don't have the energy to do as much.. I now go 2 or 3 times a week and stick to the cross trainer and light weights x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys for the info. I did weds night on the bike -5 miles and yesterday 50 lengths of the pool. - I felt a bit shakey when i finished (fine while i was doing it) but had a load of water and a pack when i got in and it soon passed. Today I had a break but walked home from work which is usually 2 miles but I went the long way around because it was such a beautiful day so probably did more like 3.5 leisurely stroll :)
I've just downloaded the couch to 5k podcasts and contemplating doing that. I just feel like I have rucks of energy to use up. I would have never believed that I would be thinking about running! I hate running!!!

Back