had a 100% week but a gain at WI!

lucylupin

I am gutted, been so good this week, stuck to my syns, exercised ate loads of free food as was feeling really good about WI, but i got on the scales and have gained 2lb!:cry: i got of and could of cried.
It isnt * week as im on the depo jab and it stops them all, im not bloated so it isnt water retention, and i havent upped my exercise. I dont know what it could be.
My C says that i should go on the website ans print of a SAS log, so i will fill that in for her this week, i feel like raiding the fridge, but i will only feel worse tomorrow.
Any advise please:sigh:

Ignore my weights underneath they are all wrong now:cry:

Dont give up and ravish the fridge!
Although your on the depo your body may srill be retaining water as it would do at TOTM - I was on it for 3 years

Do you eat a lot of salt? because that can make you retain water, and that usually adds lb's to my weight. Drinking plenty of water can also help.

oh no, I really feel for you. I wouldn't raid the fridge, even if its what you feel like doing. Just keep going and perhaps next week the 2lb plus others will come off x

Depo can REALLY mess with your weight too. It could actually be that. I have often heard that people on depo put on weight really easily.

Do you eat a lot of salt? because that can make you retain water, and that usually adds lb's to my weight. Drinking plenty of water can also help.

No i dont eat a lot of salt or salty things and i do drink water, might have to try and drink more this week

Just did a quick google and apparently over 70% of women report weight gain while on depo. Might be worth looking at other methods of contraception once this one wears off. The coil is fab and contrary to public opinion can be perfectly successfully used by women who havent had kids.

If you stuck to the plan 100% and you gained then you'll definitely have a big loss next week. Don't fret too much, you obviously haven't done anything wrong so just keep doing what you're doing and look forward to a successful WI next week. Good luck!

step away from the fridge!! :p chances are you will lose that 2lbs plus a couple more next week - DO NOT GIVE UP! you know SW works so keep at it :)

Depo can REALLY mess with your weight too. It could actually be that. I have often heard that people on depo put on weight really easily.

ditto that! i was only on depo 9 months and i put on loadssss of weight, most of which is what im currently trying to shift! might be worth having a chat about it with your nurse next time you go, she might be able to offer you an alternative :) xx

Hi chick, maybe the depo is to blame, but I can talk from experience that gains can happen after a 100% week!! It happened to me Easter time and I actually DID cry in group- cartoon tears squirting everywhere!! I hadn't touched even a morsel of easter egg or chocolate because I really wanted a good loss and I gained 1.5 lb!!! GUTTING!!! But I hung in there and had a great loss the following week!! So I'm sorry if it is the depo, but hang in there anyway, stick to the plan and maybe next week will be better!!XXXXX

I know it's not quite the same but I was gutted last week after a really good week when I stayed the same. I resisted the urge to raid the fridge and decided to just not think about it and concentrate on the week ahead. My consultant has given me some SAS logs to fill in for her this week and food wise I've just done exactly the same as I always do so we'll see what happens at weigh in tonight.

I think that some weeks your body just doesn't play ball. It's nothing you've done wrong its just one of those things.

Stick with it and we'll get there eventually :)

Thankyou for all the replies, i have just had a big bowl of pasta,tuna,peas and sweetcorn, a alpen light bar, a muller and a mini box of smarties and now am full up.
Going to print of a SAS log and fill that in this week, hopefully i will get a good result next week

The exact same thing happened to me after week 2 and I was gutted that so soon into the plan the weight wasn't dropping off as hoped... Well, I stuck with it for another week and the 2lb came off (no more than that but still a step in the right direction).

I have a short concentration span and I think most people like to see results quickly to stay motivated but I think we have to picture the weight loss journey as very much a long term plan, and that in 5 - 10 years' time when we've been a healthy weight for years and years, we'll be so glad we didn't lose heart after a poxy little 2 lb :) :)

sometimes it just happens. Try some more superfree stuff,drink lots of water and make sure you have enough syns. xxx:grouphugg:

Don't give up! Don't hit the fridge i agree with what was said i think if you still stay 100% on plan you will have a good loss next week. The depo is to blame i think.

Do you really think that it may be the depo, cos ive been on it for years:confused:

I was on it for several years, and put on several stone. Admittedly I didnt help myself by eating all the wrong things, but it is well known that the depo can do that. No-one can say for definite what has caused this, but what we all know is that even with the best will in the world, some weeks the scales wont say what you want them to. However, the week after, they generally right themselves.

What is most important is that you dont give up and you dont lose heart. You know that this works, and that this gain is just a minor blip. You are doing ALL the right things to get healthy and stay healthy. 2lb is neither here nor there in the bigger scheme of things. I know it seems a lot when you have already lost so much and have so little left to get to target, but you WILL get there!

Just did a quick google and apparently over 70% of women report weight gain while on depo. Might be worth looking at other methods of contraception once this one wears off. The coil is fab and contrary to public opinion can be perfectly successfully used by women who havent had kids.

Hi Madame

I was on the depo injection but decided to stop it due to the concern over weight gain. I decided to have a coil fitted and despite having 6 children but never having actually gone into labour and my cervix not opening they weren't able to fit it - they tried but my cervix was tightly closed, as it would be with some one who has had no children and it was impossible to fit it, and so bloody painful, I nearly jumped off the bed. My understanding from that is if you have not had children, or gone into labour you would n't be able to use the coil cause the cervix would still be tightly closed. After having laboured the cervix never actually goes back to how closed it was prior to labour.

Back