Had to call it a day...

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Am absolutely gutted this morning.

I have had to pull out of the Great North Run, I am just simply not anywhere near well enought to do it, I went round my best mates last night and literally played swingball for 30 seconds and it hurts to much this morning I am on pills.

Therefore I just cannot in 3 weeks run 13 miles!! I can't even run 13 metres.

Jo is going to still do the race as are my best friends, I will contact anyone who sponsored me to see if they are happy to sponsor Jo instead or whether they want their money back.

One unhappy person here today!

Mike :break_diet:

Poor you Mike... from your threads i know how much you were looking forward to doing the run!!!

I'm sure you must be more than gutted!!!

nas x

Think you have made the best decision Mike for your long term health, there will always be something else to do later, never know I might join you next time:rotflmao::eek:.

Re sponsor money please keep it for Jo, Diabetes UK is a great charity.

Linda:)

Mike I am sorry to hear of your decision, but I am sure it is the best for you, long term.

I am sure there will be many more "runs" you will be able to compete in once fully fit, so hang on in there!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

xx

Mike I didnt think you would be up to it hun, it was an awful lot to take on after such a big op.
I am sure your sponsors will be fine with sponsoring Jo instead

so sorry to hear ur bad news.... but u have to think of ur health first.

That's lovely of you all and much appreciated.

I am still going up to support Jo but now can't find a hotel within 60 miles of Newcastle!! (WHY DO I LEAVE THINGS TO THE LAST MINUTE!)

M.

Well done on making the decision. Its a stronger person to do that. My hubby does a lot of running and half marothons and is gutted when he has to pull out for any reason, but you see people, they are in so much pain and literally fall over the finish line or have to be dragged over and then take up all the paramedics time when they were obviously not up to it from the start .

Respect to you, you must be gutted but you have made the right decision.

You must be disappointed although, as others have said, there will be plenty of other opportunities to run - but you only have ONE body so it's wise to respect what it's telling you :)

Back