Hair and Skin Suppliments

crimson_vixen

Shoe Lover
Can anyone shed any light on skin/hair/nail suppliments and if you can take them with CD?

I have fab nails and I want to grow my hair, and I am concerned that CD will effect this. Can I take suppliments? Will it effect ketosis or the diet in general? I will definitely not take them if they interfere, but it's worth asking!

Any infor greatly appreciated! x

I take Silica tablets for my hair plus a multi-vitamin just in case. They've not effected my weight loss so far.
But I've had my shoulder length hair cut into a short bob cause of hair loss. And even tho the loss has slowed right down I think I'll be having it cropped short next week. Thankfully my face has slimmed right down so I can take a very short cut.:)

I would not take the supplements as each CD product contains 33% of your RDA for vitamins and minerals.

Some vitamins e.g B12 will be excreted via the urine if you have too much and will not build to a harmful level, for other vitamins like Vitamin A can be harmful in excess levels causing vitamin A toxicity.

You will find most supplements contain some form of vitamin A, which is why they are to be used in caution with pregnancy, but in conjunction with CD I wouldn't use them.

So no - you don't want to build up potentially harmful levels of vitamins or minerals in your body.

HTH

im suffering from hair loss at the moment, am now working up the plans and hoping once my body is getting grub again it will stop. it only started around week 16 though. Its been stressing me out but now not worrying about it as it can be a side affect of the diet which to be honest i didnt know about. however i dont regret doing CD im now feeling great about myself and although my hair is loads thinner to me its not noticable to other people - i think you worry more than anything.

Thanks for the replies. I am not going to take them whilst on CD as I think I can live with thinning hair and bad nails for a while. For me, getting the weight off is more important! x

Back