Hair loss - I'm really getting worried

My hair seems to be coming out quite a lot more than usual, so I've bought some silica tablets today. It says to take 1-2 tablets per day, so I'm going to stick to 2 for the first month and see how I get on. Silica appears to be in all the more expensive branded capsules/tablets for hair and is a lot cheaper at around £4.99 for 60 from the health food shop. Fingers crossed this does the trick.

My hair loss is getting worse and worse. It is coming out from the root, so I know it's not that my hair is breaking. I'm really worried. I've still got so much weight to lose, and I can only do this through CD, but the thought of losing my hair really scares me. My hair is so fine, I can't afford to lose it! I'm going to get it cut this week, so that it is short again, it's just touching my shoulders at the moment, so not that long at all, but I really wanted to grow it....

I lose so much hair when I wash it, and I'm only washing it when I really have to (minger!) as I hate seeing my hair come out.

I've no idea what I expect any of you to do, I'm just really upset.

Hi Ruth G, were in the same boat - i've came off diet for this reason (im lucky though as ive lost just about everything i needed to loose) no one tells you this can happen
my hair is so thin now (used to be so thick which is a saving grace otherwise god knows what it would be like now)
spoke to couple of friends who have done LL and it happened to them and they both said it falls out for about 3/4 months!!!! and doesnt grow back for about another 3-6 months. i can see my scalp through my hair!!
anyway try not to stress ( i was told that it may make it worse) and know that you wont end up bald

Back