Hair Straightener advice please!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
OK - I am trying to come to grips with these new fangled ways of doing hair, and although my hair is stick straight, I understand I need hair straighteners...lol...seems odd.

Anyone got any favourites? Any tips on goof features to seek out, and ones to avoid?

I don't want to spend more then about 20-25 quid....i found a Remmington at Boots with triple protection something-or-other, quick heat, etc., for 22 quid - seems reasonable?

ANyway - thanks!!

BL - the truly inept when it comes to styling hair (though somewhat chuffed at yesterdays attempt :D) But definately in need of practice!!

xx

hi
in my experience i would pay as much as you can afford.

i have had lots of pairs in the past - but wouldn't now part with my ghds for anything!

i found cheaper ones damaged my hair and just didn't work as well.
my daughter has herstyler ones which are good, but also quite expensive

sorry, not much help
daisy x

well i heard from my wife that the new GHD is the best as it does not destroy the hair and its ends.

So go for that but its dearer

lol - I did have a chuckle seeing yuour name as the last post H. When pictuiring your avatar, I thought, "what could he possible know about hair straighteners!?" :giggle:

I have heard the ghd's are good.

Right now, I am on such a strict budget - its a bit if a dilema really because my hair is rather fragile - but all I can afford is about the 20-25 range. I can then upgrade later.

Will have a look at the GHDs though - maybe I can entire my OH into an (very) early birthday pressie. lol

Another tip. Buy yourself Nioxin shampoo and conditioner its amazing stuff, my hair is so much fuller and bouncier since I started using it. Aparently it works on your hair follicles to make your hair grow at its optimum. alas also not cheap but I can highly recommend it.

I have GHDs too, but they are soooo expensive, like £100+.

Well done on your new job BL!

Louale x

i have some carmen ones that i'm quite happy with, paid around £25 from argos. Heat up in 15 seconds, great when your are in a hurry like i always am

Argos did have a clearance sale on. Dunno if it is still on or anything. But they have some really good ones reduced from 80-100 quid to 20-30!

Worth a try hun!

B x

PS: Lovin the new do hun. Fabulous!

lol - I did have a chuckle seeing yuour name as the last post H. When pictuiring your avatar, I thought, "what could he possible know about hair straighteners!?" :giggle:

I have heard the ghd's are good.

Right now, I am on such a strict budget - its a bit if a dilema really because my hair is rather fragile - but all I can afford is about the 20-25 range. I can then upgrade later.

Will have a look at the GHDs though - maybe I can entire my OH into an (very) early birthday pressie. lol

i used 20 - 25 and look what happened to me lol

Hi there i have ghd's they are brilliant but expensive! for christmas i wanted to buy my twin girls their own straightners as i was sick of sharing or fighting over them lol. I didn't want to pay as much but still wanted decent ones for them as they both have beautiful thick long hair. Anyway i searched amazon and got them Babyliss pro 230 for £25 each! i didn't think they would be any good being so cheap but they are brilliant and to be honest both my girls hair seems in much better condition since using them, as being teenagers they are always straightening their hair. I've just had a look and they've only got used ones at the moment but there is some new at £36.95 very good value i'd say also i've seen them in Sainsburys and Superdrug.
Hope this helps although i've gone on a bit lol x

The remmington straighteners work fine for my hair, and I have reallly thick and naturally curly hair.
Just make sure you use heat protection products, because straightening will dry out or damage your hair otherwise.

You definitely get what you pay for - I've bought 'cheapies' before and they really don't make much difference in comparison to pricier ones.

GHDs are ace - but if you are on a budget you can get a brand called 'Hair Tools' that are essentially the same, but cheaper!! An ex-hairdresser of mine used them in his salon, and let me into the secret that they are essentially the same as GHDs without the 'name'... so I've been using my Hair Tools for about 5 years now and they are still going strong!

These are mine: Hair Tools Thermo Straighteners

Always go for thermo-ceramic plates - they are less damaging on your hair... and coat/spritz your hair first using some kind of heat barrier spray.

Enjoy xx

LOL BL! You are now a high maintenance woman! You gotta love that!

My hairdresser uses GHD on me and I also bought a pair, but sold them soon after on Ebay - just didn't keep my hair straight for long!! Anyway, my absolutely complete and utter favourite hairdryer and straighteners are Bespoke Labs T3 ionic straightener and hair dryer. The hairdryer apparently dries your hair about 70% faster!! Although I do have really thick hair which has a curl in it, so I do need a lot more attention in that department!! Yours looks a lot less thick than mine, and as it's straight already it won't need as much work.

I use the Nicky Clarke shampoo and love it, so the hair straightener may be fine for you. I actually used to use the Remington Wet to Dry straightener and this was also pretty good, but not a patch on my T3 (or GHD for that matter). I think they also damaged my hair a lot more than the T3 ones.

I absolutely agree with Anna, spend what you can afford - and I've used the hair tools ones too, and they are fine.

Anyway, if you do invest in some of the recommended ones, you'll have far less bad hair days if you are anything like me, so worth every penny!! And your hair looks fab at the moment, so you are worth it!

Back