Hairloss and periods - the real deal

Just to answer DramaQueen's question, Does it make you slim?

Yes it does, I have never looked like this before in my life. I was just walking outside in the sun and my shadow shows I have a gap between my legs! My bum and thighs have gone ! I can't believe it has happened to me. My skin doesn't even seem to be too saggy, and it is tightening up. As I was losing it was quite wrinkly and saggy but as time passes it tightens up, and I didn't even do much exercise, I swam about 10 times overall!

I have not had a period since April 07 and I re introduced food on the 29th May 07. Still no sign and I am at a BMI of 26 though trying to get back to a 24/25.

I would like it to return soon as I want to try for another baby at the beginning of next year. Libido gone but it was gone before LL. I think so long on the C Pill had something to do with that but I have not taken that since 2004.

No hair loss or nothing noticable but I do have very thick hair so would not be too bothered if it had thinned slightly as it is very thick.

I have really smelly wind! OK I have admitted it now. I am really conscious of it and cant avoid it. Its not all the time and I cant pin to a certain food

Jo

Just thought I'd throw in some positives - particularly on the skin front.

Firstly - my boobs have come back. Brilliant :D This has happened very recently. I'm doing management and almost within 2 weeks they've come back to me!!
Secondly, my arms are the best they have ever been. I do a lot of weights, but, the skin is actually unrecognisable from what it once was. I reckon about an inch more's worth of toning and I swear I will have shoulders and arms like Sharon Davies!! :D

It really is balancing out the hair horror :D

Forgot to mentio, as well as my eyelashes falling, I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that my lower gums have started bleeding a little when I brush my teeth.
The hardest thing I have eaten in 22 or so weeks is the new cranberry bar, that also made my gums bleed, so I'm taking them back, even though they were lovely.
BUT, wow does this diet work.

Does anyone knowif there's any type of food we should be avoiding to minimise the effects of hairloss? Any supplements or prescription medicine anyone can recommend? I've JUST started noticing this, 7 weeks or so after starting to eat again after 4 months of Lipotrim.

Hello Nixx

How are you? We corresponded back in August and you made me laugh, which was great. What news, particularly now you are eating? Your post has prompted me to post on here about something that someone in my Management group recommended - Nourkrin - it's the one that Cheryl Baker promoted (she of Bucks Fizz fame). I found this website Nourkrin Hair Loss Remedy Product but not sure if it is any good.

Anyway, the Nourkrin got the thumbs up. I am seriously thinking about it because my hair has thinned so much.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxx

Sorry, I realise my message was a bit confused. I see the website is purely for Nourkrin so ... it's a product that's been recommended but obviously the website is not impartial. Doh!

Hi Mrs L - of course I remember - I dip into the Lard Arms regularly, and you make me laugh a lot - which is, as you say, great!

Things are going well so far (ever the pessimist!). I'm following the WW points plan and managing myself well at the moment. I probably don't need to lose anything more now, just tone up a touch, but exercise and I hae never been the best of friends so I'm resisting madly at the moment. Which, I know, is stupid, given that I have lots of gym eqipment in the room next to me just now! It's very handy for hanging the ironing on, I must say.

Thanks for that information; I'll take a look. I had NO IDEA the hair loss kicked in AFTER the weight loss.

I know you have your up days and slightly further down days - hoping this is one of the up ones for you. You've done remarkably well and your blog is a wonderful inspiration/cheerer-upper!

Nixx

Since starting on LL my period have been heavier and more painful than they normally have been. Pre LL, I would sometimes skip a month and at one point 2 months. But they seem to be as regular as clockwork and I have more symptoms of PMS than I have ever had. I feel very very emotional and the bacl pain and stomach cramps are much worse than I have ever experienced. However I am just glad I got them, I think it would freak me out if I stopped having them, because as annoying as they are, it kinda reassures me that I have one every month (yes that is my biological clock you can hear through-out this paragraph:eek::sigh:)

I have very long dark brown hair and it's fine although there has always seemed to be lots of it, but it has thinned a bit, I guess the fact I am hyper aware doesn't help. I am still in abstinence so was more than a little disturbed when my hair felt thinner than usual. I was taking extra supplements but have been a bit lazy in that department of late. I have heard of Nourkrin, but the price scares me, its expensive, so it's something I have kinda tucked away at the back of my mind when finances are more stable.

Up until recently my skin glowed, must have been the water I was glugging, all those niggly little blemishes and the tiny little bumps (not sure whether they were spots or something else) had disappeared. My skin at the moment looks bad but that is all my own fault for slipping off the wagon and for not drinking as much as I should.

As for libido, well I am single, very very much single so I haven't noticed any sudden urges or dips as it were, it's kinda there, sort of, but to be honest that is the furthest thing from my mind at the mo so not that bothered by it.

Hi all! Just popped in and found this & thought I would post my experiences! I did LL fro Mch for 6 months (to the day!) & had to come of the diet due to low BP. Since then have been back to WW and am fluctuating a few ibs but pretty much what I was when I finished LL. Went from a size 24 to 12/14 skirt 16 trousers. I am transformed & thank God no longer stuff my face, chosing healthy foods on the whole but do have occasional treats.
Re the hair loss I have fine hair anyway and did loose quite a bit but 2 months on its pretty much back to what it was before. I've also had it cut short because I thought it frames my face better & am pleased I did! Periods...I have an implant &pre LL didnt have periods at all but was on pretty much the whole time of LL! Now appear to be back to a rughly monthly cycle!
Skin - loose, bingo wings big enough to fly but if its that or be fat I'll take the bingo wings ta! Constipation...I took a dulcolax every other day on LL & it took about a monthf or my ctomach to work properly. I used to get IBS but not since food and suspect that this is because I eat a low fat diet now - no crisps, cheese and very little alcohol have all made a difference.
Best of all I am happy in myself and just about to start joggng - something I NEVER thought I wuld be able to do!
Hope that helps?

So good to hear from you InSearchOfMe. So glad you're doing OK on weight watchers, I think it's seemed really strange without you.

Just a thought,
as I was on my regular journey across the landing at 4.30 this morning, I suddenly wondered whether all these nights of interrupted sleep could be the reason for the loss of libido?
Must be 23+ weeks now since I slept straight through without having to get up.

Ive had too go to my gp too get some cream for my psoriasis, its been fine for over 15 years now its flaired up.Has tihs happened to anyone else?

Eileen - I suffer from psoriasis but not had it coming back since LL.

It sometimes flares up with stress and mine is always worse in autumn/winter because sunshine helps clear it up

doctor asked me if i was under stress, but im not, oh well its just one of those things, its under control with the cream.

Back