Half marathon training

That's looks a great plan Summer. What hill work do you do?

Hill sessions will be in an area near where I live that has about 10streets all on hills so I'll run up one and down the next. I'll also run the hill that's in the Plymouth half marathon too as this year i want to run up it instead of walk.

They will probably let I defer your place but might make you pay again. You could always ask around see if someone else wants it? You're allowed to change the person running it so far in advance I believe xx

I have been accepted for the Great North Run in September!!!!! I am really excited!!!

So my schedule this year is:

March - Silverstone - Half
May - Local run - Half
July - London - 10k
Sept - Great North Run - Half

Think that should keep me busy :)

well done on the acceptance!

Fab news shazz!! :) x

How is everyone doing? The snow has stopped all outside running for me, so pretty gutted, as the race is fast approaching!!!

Hi Shazzabir, I'm quite lucky that we haven't had any snow but I didn't go out yesterday because it was so cold. As a consequence I need to go for the 8 mile run this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to it but I know I'll feel better once I've done it.

Have you access to a treadmill? I know it's not the same but at least you can still rack up your mileage.

I did a 10 mile run this w/e. Got very wet, but so pleased I did it!!!!

ooh well done! i still havent made that venture into running outdoors yet! some day i will do it.... just when i build up my confidence

Well done Shazzabir, I did 9 miles yesterday and I found it really difficult! I did 8.5 miles last Monday and found it relatively easy!! Hopefully my 10 miler next week will be a bit easier.

Your doing great Coach!! I find some runs easier than others. If my mindset is wrong then I know my run will be hard.
It's a fantastic feeling running 10 miles. Enjoy it :)

Thanks Shazzabir, I just need to remember that not all runs will be that difficult. It didn't help that I hadn't gone out during the week so it's not too surprising really.

Have you got your run pack yet Coach? Mine arrived today, certainly makes it more real.......scary!!!!!

No I haven't Shazzabir, I got my new phone though!!! I shall keep an eye out for it :)

Pinktinkbmc, is that your first half? How is the training going?

Training ok. I powerwalk rather than run though (knees aren't what they used to be!)

I have done a few 1/2s and full marathons but all powerwalking. The most I ever ran in an event is 8k - knee was like a ballon by the time I finished :-(

Back