Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Hi All

well after being really happy with my 11.5lb loss over December. Weigh in wednesday I put 0.5lb on :(

and I weighed this morning after being good for the last few days and seem to have gained another 4lbs from nowhere... is Xmas weight to blame..lol?! I am on (*) week as well though, and normally gain around 3 / 4 depending.

I feel deflated now... I'm staring at my hi-fi bar and I want to cry!

Aww chin up Miss P! - I'm sure *week doesn't help, but (bear in mind I'm a mere male) I'm sure it will all work itself out.

Your total loss and % loss are too impressive to let a minor setback upset the applecart.

I've been off work two days and housebound - cold/flu and missed my working. Tomorrow and Saturday I have planned walks. Hopefully I have the strength to get through them and more importantly I manage to lose 1.5 lb for my 2.5stone sticky - I'm obsessed!

I hate being stuck indoors - we had a few snow flurries earlier too grr.

Well done Tom.

Miss P - I am a 'sneaky peeker' too however I have learnt over the weeks on SW that my weight does fluctuate often during the week even if I have been completely on plan. I absolutely hate it when it goes up a few days after weigh in (because I feel that I have a mountain to climb to lose by the end of the week) or just before weigh in (because I might not lose !!). It used to put me off and start me on the 'blow it' mentality but now I just accept that it happens and ignore it. I have seen soooo many posts here of people weighing mid week and panicking - so, if you can't ignore it, don't weigh mid week. That's just my advice ! Anyway, hope things have settle down by now and that you have managed to stay on track (or get back on track !)

Steve - hope you are feeling better for the weekend and that you can recuperate and be fighting fit for next week.

Gail x

Thanks Gail I have been stuffing myself with superfree foods today and yesterday to try and get back into the right mindset... The salads are really making me 'feel' healthier again inside and even my skin feels better today.. just gotta get on with it and if i have a large gain next week, well theres always another WI to change it right!

I got out today after a few days "solitary" - combined my love of walking and birdwatching - over 5 miles but over almost 5 hours so not very energetic, but obviously had to study the critters rather than march the walk.

Marching to walk comes tomorrow! - my flu-like symptoms seem to have disappeared, just head cold now, so hopefully get through tomorrow unscathed and back to work Monday. Though I feel like death warmed up first thing:(

Still, no pain no gain eh?

Hi all :D Had a really busy couple of weeks, so I haven't been 100% :eek: I had to work on tuesday so couldn't go to WI, I have really struggled to stick to it, the one thing I have learnt is going every week, even if I don't stay to the meeting is a huge motivator! Anyway time to sort my head out and get back to it! Feel free to kick me up the bum! I need it! lol

Hi all :D Had a really busy couple of weeks, so I haven't been 100% :eek: I had to work on tuesday so couldn't go to WI, I have really struggled to stick to it, the one thing I have learnt is going every week, even if I don't stay to the meeting is a huge motivator! Anyway time to sort my head out and get back to it! Feel free to kick me up the bum! I need it! lol

Hi Hannah don't dwell on it :). It's behind you now!

Back to normal for me now, I have put on weight over Christmas but then I usually do! I won't say how much but it's enough to kick me into gear :)

Have started the week off well with a 4 mile bike ride with the kids, as tomorrow is supposed to be the one decent day of the week will try and go on bikes to school in the morning, which will hopefully clock up another 6 miles :)

The rest of the week will have to resort to the nintendo wii :)

With any luck I will be posting a loss at the end of the week

Wow Tom. That's amazing. You must feel on top of the world :)

Gail x

Hi All,

hope you are all having a good week. I can't get myself into the right mindset at the moment - I'm sure im going to have put on 3 or 4 lbs at weigh in tomorrow, I've been back on my plan 100% since friday, Syn-ing everything and making sure I eat loads of fruit and veg etc and the scales just arent moving.
Its getting me down and i feel very blue today :cry:

Hi All!!

I've been missing for a couple of weeks, had a great Xmas break and then came down with swine flu on NYE :(

Missed WI last week, so today was my first day back after Xmas and New Year. Lost 5lbs!

I was shocked as I have not been paying any attention to what I was eating while I've been ill.. onwards and upwards for 2011 :)

Hi All,

hope you are all having a good week. I can't get myself into the right mindset at the moment - I'm sure im going to have put on 3 or 4 lbs at weigh in tomorrow, I've been back on my plan 100% since friday, Syn-ing everything and making sure I eat loads of fruit and veg etc and the scales just arent moving.

MissP - we ALL have times like this. I understand how you feel. However if you keep to plan, it WILL come off - that is one of the disadvantages of weighing in between WI's is that it changes your mindset if what you expect doesn't happen (however I won't criticise because I do the same thing). My weight seems often to come off in a big block so I'll be the same for ages and then suddenly it drops off.

So stick with it and you will reap the rewards. Big hugs.

Lost 5lbs!

I was shocked as I have not been paying any attention to what I was eating while I've been ill.. onwards and upwards for 2011 :)

Yay. That's brilliant. Every cloud has a silver lining.........:)

I lost 3lbs this week. Am absolutely delighted because I thought my losses had 'slowed' recently (1lb per week - not that slow I know but still !) but I tried so hard this week while I was away (and therefore eating differently to normal) and it paid off.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

Oh well done all! - so good really. Hannah, no ass-kicking here - simply because if I kick it, when i stumble you'll kick hard and my tush can't take a good kicking;)

Tom, excellent "waisting way" there lol. You're 6ins taller than little Steve here, and I just tried on my Florida jeans (34in waist) they fit, but would be uncomfy for 9 hours in a plane. I have 6 months to make them comfy, or even better, bin them for 32s!!

Nay, I'm sure you'll get right back into the groove - pedal power must be great and as soon as I get my gym induction sorted out, I will be on exercise bikes and rowing machine to target flabby mid-areas. (thighs & belly)

Welcome back Deb - sorry to hear about the Swine Flu - a lot of it about - thought I was a victim at one point but fortunately not. The weight loss a sort of silver-lining but not the best way to do it. Hope you pick up soon.

Gail, I am petrified to weigh-in between weigh-ins - if that makes sense!

I've had a damn good week, stuck to plan, stuck to syns, plenty of walking - inc 8 mile or so in the mountainous Northumberland hills! - Hopefully the scales reflect this.

Wednesday night weigh in of course and I will settle for any loss! - 1.5lb would be my 2.5st shiny, and any more would be dreamland!

Will probably have nightmares as usual about "rigged scales" and noturnal fat implants etc.

Why do we do this again?

Steve:D

Glad you are feeling better Deb :)

I was dreading WI tonight but i've lost another 2lbs! ok, so it was over 2 weeks, but soooo much better than I was expecting! My head has been back in the right place for a few days now, so hopefully it will stay there!
Oh and an added bonus tonight was I won a food hamper in a raffle i'd forgotten about! We were given pics of snowmen to colour in 1 square on it til we reached 1 stone. The completed pics were our raffle tickets, so smiles all round tonight!

Yay, well done Hannah. That's great. And more importantly you feel 'right' to do this so you will continue to have success.

Gail x

Well done Tom, you are doing really well you must be very pleased :)

Real missp, stop weighing yourself during the week, honestly it doesn't do you self esteem any good! Take it from someone who's done that :)

Well done Gail 3 lbs great!

Well done scotdeb and Hannah :)

Here's hoping it's 1.5 you want Steve!

I've stuck to plan so far this week and have walked 4 miles and cycled 10, so please be a loss at the end of the week :)

Nay

Celebrate good times - Come on!

Wow! could have knocked me down with a feather with my 3lb loss - not only the 1.5lb required for my 2.5st sticky, but Slimmer of the week to boot - and 1.5lb toward my 3st sticky.

Always greedy, slight tinge of disappointment when the scales wavered between 12st 9.5 and 12st 9 - finally settling on the higher! - Damn I wanted that half pound lol.

That icy mountain ramble last Sunderland after crawling from my sick-bed fully vindicated.

So Hannah yesterday (well done by the way Hannah), me today, hopefully a good trend and awesome week for all!

Steve

Hi guys!
Haven't been very well this week (yuck) and although I've tried to stuck to' plan u will admit this has been nowhere near 100%. le sigh, annoying as I was SO motivated last week :(
I will WI tomorrow and see the damage (and stock up on scan bran! Good luck for this week everyone.

Elaine xx
P.s hope the rest of my post works - I'm on my phone. Apologies if not.

gl12282 said:
Hi Ela_ine,

Just check in as and when you want to. I am a prolific poster when I'm around !!! (although I have only just joined this thread - see my 'sunday weighers' thread for some of the drivel that I post :eek:) I have found it really helpful here.

Personally I have avoided setting targets (particularly very challenging ones) because I am always nervous of my reaction if I don't make the target, even if I have done well. I don't yet have a target weight but just aim for each half stone (and my shiny !). This has meant that it hasn't felt like the huge mountain to climb and now suddenly it's not such a big mountain (woohooo!). 6 stone is certainly doable (see some of the successes around here) but it is challenging. However we're all different and some people need the challenge. For me, this is a journey which will not stop if/when I get to target.

However it is exciting and it's lovely that you feel that way. We all remember that feeling so it's great to see it in others.

Good luck and see you around !

Gail x

Thanks so much hun! You're right, I've ben poorly this week and personally don't think I've done that well, but rather than chuck in the towel and start again on Friday, I keep going and hope for the best as I know I've got to check in on here :)

Sometimes it can be discouraging as I only seem to have small losses - even though I have a lot to lose. Oh well, a dripping tap still fills a bucket, eh?!

Tom_River said:
Wearing my first ever 36 inch waist jeans since yesterday. Can you believe I had a special size 50 to 52 inch when I started losing weight in March 2009?

Well done Tom! That's great x
RealMissP said:
Hi All,

Don't feel too bad on yourself Hun :( I feel the same this week, blah! 100% and more body magic next week!! X
Maximus said:
Celebrate good times - Come on!

Wow! could have knocked me down with a feather with my 3lb loss - not only the 1.5lb required for my 2.5st sticky, but Slimmer of the week to boot - and 1.5lb toward my 3st sticky.

Always greedy, slight tinge of disappointment when the scales wavered between 12st 9.5 and 12st 9 - finally settling on the higher! - Damn I wanted that half pound lol.

That icy mountain ramble last Sunderland after crawling from my sick-bed fully vindicated.

So Hannah yesterday (well done by the way Hannah), me today, hopefully a good trend and awesome week for all!

Steve

Wow! Well done you! You're all so inspiring!!!
RealMissP said:
4lbs on, I bloody knew it... feel like **** :cry:

Aw Hun, I'm sorry - but hopefully it's just a blip and you'll have a good loss next week. Is it star week? Do you know why?

Back