Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

I'm not sure about this week. 1lb loss last week, haven't had a gain since I started SW 9 weeks ago. But this week has just been terrible. Gone to 20 syns some days, managed to stay on 10 the next. But I just feel so guilty as soon as I go over the 15. I know I shouldn't, but I just want to get to my goal asap, now. Getting impatient. LOL

Well, 4.5 lbs this week. Unexpected. But I'm sooooo happy. :D

0.5lb on this week! I knew 7lbs last week was too good to be true :cry:

Well I stayed the same! mixewd feeligs about it really. Disappointed as it seemed everyone had good losses (including one of 14lb - exactly 1st from a person who got their 11 and 11.5st sticker on the same night).

I was happy of course it wasn't a gain and I was 100% - perhaps I need a re-think/re-model and try and freshen things up a bit.

All of that seems insignificant as I had my first ever experience of a car crash today. Fortunately, I am fine and amazingly so is the car. A slight bend I can only assume it struck ice as before I knew it I was in a spin and remembered not to brake and steer into the slide. It all seemed to happen at high speed - yet in slow motion! I slid off the road and used the passenger side of the car to "broadside" the trees. I felt that awful wood on metal grinding and scraping and the vehicle then popped back onto theroad I had left and to my horror across the opposite side into oncoming traffic! Now I'm not a religious man, but I think both the oncoming driver and I prayed in that split-second and my steering wheel got me back onto my side of the road. It all happened so quick, but the details are vivid and seem to take longer to describe than the actual event.

I stuck the hazrd lights on and got out when safe to do so - the place was deserted. The car I had so narrowly missed had continued on his way and a dog-walker apperared. He had heard the crash but not seen it as he was around the corner from it. I was shaking like a leaf - I had just left the doctors to give blood tests! he calmed me nicely and got me back in the car. I inspected the car and was amazed that despite the scrape and noise, and pulling out branches from the alloys, and wipers, there were no visible marks on the bodywork - just a few scratches on the headlamp glass! Amazing!

I carried on to work - was too stunned to make a decision whether to head for home or work. It's a crazy situation to be in. Eventually after a couple of hours it was clear I was still shaken and released to go home. It was bedlam on the roads and probably getting worse by the minute - I even had a few skids on the return - and you can imagine how easy I was taking it.

Anyway, upshot of it all is the car is not required now until January 3rd! It will be walking and body magic until then! as for shopping? - £5 for Asda to deliver seems a bargain to me!

Fortunately, I got lucky through a combination of things - I appreciate it could have been so different.

If ever perspective was needed about a week where i stayed the same - this was it!.

Good luck everyone - oh and needless to say, be careful out there!

Hi peeps, just a post from someone that's been there, Christmas happens once a year enjoy it knowing that by the end of Jan you will be thinner than you were before Christmas :) don't beat yourselves up about what you have enjoyed just be good in Jan it does work and has worked for me in the last 2 years :)

Steve glad to hear you're ok, live life to the full

And MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Merry Christmas one and all.

Just waiting for Mariah Carey to sing all I want for Christmas is Steve:D

Well, you never know - it is a magical time of year.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Just waiting for Mariah Carey to sing all I want for Christmas is Steve:D

Well, you never know - it is a magical time of year.

:cool: And I always thought she wanted Tom. Oh well. :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: :cry::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

:smiley1842: I'm glad your accident turned out to be so harmless for you and the car.

Glad you're ok Steve! This weather is lethal! It's taken me 25 minutes to walk to work this week, usually takes under 10 mins! The pavements are so bad, I think i'd be better off walking in the road and dodging the traffic!

Well I did go to WI last week, put on 2lb :eek: It was my 1st WI wearing jeans instead of light trousers, so i'm guessing it was more like 1lb.... I know it will be more this week, but hey ho, i've had a lovely xmas!! :D Back to it on tues, giving myself another day so we can finish up the goodies that are here!
Hope everyones had a lovely time! :)

Hi all,

Just gatecrashing this thread. But couldn't help but gasp at Mrsnb's photos - they are fantastic. Can't believe the difference particularly in your skinny legs. Well done !!

Steve - glad you and the car survived ! Our ice is now melting so hopefully will be gone in a couple of days - yay ! (although I have to confess that the fluffy snow still excited me !)

Anyway, hope you're all having a good week and getting over xmas ok. I'm sure I'll be back here if that's ok ?

Gail x

Pop in any time Gail - as for the photos, I mentioned I loved the before and after photos, and was (gently) reprimanded that the "aftr" photos are not done yet.

As Peter Kay would say, "She's not playing games now" lol.

Hi Gail :)

Argh! I'm just about to leave and find out how much I enjoyed xmas!! Been back on plan today and feel strangely relieved! Nice to feel back in control again.

OMG! :D I've never been so gobsmacked! somehow i've managed to lose 2lbs!! I won't put a list of what I ate last week... would be more of an essay! lol I'm going to be extra perfect this week cos sure it will catch up with me!

Hi Gail, thank you for your kind words :)

Well done Hannah, that's fantastic!

And Steve behave :), it's not my after pic as I have 18 lbs to go!! Maybe a bit more after Christmas :) although I'm not weighing myself until Next Friday, as I'll just be too depressed with my gain! Most of the bad food has gone now, back to healthy eating tomorrow thank god.

Have really enjoyed my few days of not caring and looking forward to getting back to normal and having a good January, Feb and March and then it gets busy again, if I've made a serious dent in the 18 lbs be then I'll be happy :)

Nay

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Much appreciated.

Hannah - I haven't had time to read back all the previous pages so I don't know that much about you, but I do know that 2lb loss over xmas is amazing. I agree that you will need to be extra specially careful so that it doesn't catch you up but that should be ok now that xmas is over. Fantastic result though - you must be so proud :)

Mrsnb - look forward to seeing more photos !

Gail x

Continuing the good run of form I confirm a 1.5lb loss and SOTW - so few lost this week and there were many many gains. Quite proud of myself:)

Have also hit a psychological barrier - am now 12st 13.5lb - it may only be half a pound under, but I am in the 12stones bracket and no longer unlucky for some!

A great boost in itself!

Steve

Wow, you guys are SOOOO impressive. So many losses just after xmas. I am amazed.

Well done to all of you :clap:

Gail x

Back