Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Spot on Gail :)

Wow Tom what a difference!

Nay

Very impressive Tom! - sure it's the same person and not a ringer;)

I think I really need to do a before and after photo thingy too. Only then can people relate to stuff lol.

WI tomorrow - as usual the "dreads" are here.

Will no doubt dream of 10lb gain and be force-fed gateau in the night by the saboteurs lol

Wow Tom! You look so different! well done!

I couldn't go to WI last night, had to work , so going to tonights meeting... i've been so good this week, like last week, and dreading another sts :( Not felt this nervous about going since I first joined!

I have only managed to lose 3lbs somehow!! :eek::D So shocked because I haven't done anything different to last week! Oh! got my 2 stone shiny too!! :D I was soooo scared when I stood on the dreaded scales!

1.5lb for me tonight. I should be happy with that agter all the body magic.

Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my target as others have suggested? - either that or radically change my menu system/eating habits?

Might try a more "relaxed" approach this next week.

Steve

Well done Steve! Don't be p'd off about it, its going in the right direction! Maybe its just naturally slowing down as you get closer to target?
I'm going to start doing some body magic now, i've lost so far without doing any, but think its now time to get off my bum and exercise!

Well done Hannah - that's great. Lovely new shiny too :)

Well done Maximus. I'll post on your 'other' thread !!

Gail x

I am a serial dieter, lose 4lbs and come out and eat like I won't eat again it is a habit does a/one have ideas on how to control this.

Hi Dooleych :) I always have a slimming world meal ready for when I come back from WI, that keeps me on track :)
I text a friend while I was still at the meeting, to tell her i'd lost 2 stone and she replied saying go get take away to celebrate... well that would have really helped next weeks (hopeful) loss!!

Hi Dooleych,

I agree with Hannah. Have a big, tasty SW meal planned for the evening after your WI (along with some syns if you need them) but don't do anything else different. I think planning is the key and really helps.

Good luck.

Gail x

Well done Hannah, great result!

Chin up Steve it's a loss! I've noticed that (before you current loss) we were the same weight and want to lose the same weight by the same time! Spooky, I know who'll get there 1st (YOU!) but it'll keep me motivated trying to keep up with you :)

Nay

Last edited:
Hey Nay - that really is spooky.

I think I have had it so good for so long that I am taking things for granted and really expecting too much. Patience might be a virtue but it is also a pain in the proverbial!

Fear of failure drives me on, yet I have until 1st May to reach target another 17.5lb - i think!

Anyway, as I said on my diary thread, I'm going to get planning and on with food rather than exercise.

Dooleych

Welcome!

The best advise I can give is to plan every meal and syn in advance - say 1 week or maybe a couple of days to begin with.

Then shop accordingly - don't impulse buy. Make sure your "goodie" cupboard contains good things, fruit, hifi bars, etc.

Snack on fruit and drink plenty of water.

Stick to the plan and that's it

So easy even I can do it:p

Steve

Well my loss is 1 lb, I'm pleased it's a loss a little bit disappointed it's not slightly more, only because my OH who hasn't been as "on plan" as me all week managed 3lbs! And also it's my *week so I'm feeling bad tempered :). It'll pass!

Also if I'd managed another 1/2 lb I would have been back up to my 4 stone sticker!

Glad you're feeling slightly happier Steve, god knows what you'd be like if (like me) the 17.5 lbs (in my case 18 lbs) were lbs you'd already lost :) maintaining is HARD!

Anyway hoping for a sts or the missing 1/2 lb next week as I'm away with OH's family so no control over food and fish and chips are on the menu tonight!

Nay

Hey Guys, remember me? Don't suppose you'll have me back will you? :wave_cry:

Sorry i disappeared again - my laptop broke the week of Christmas and then it took a while for my partner to get our old dinosaur pc back up and running until i get a replacement! :(

How are you all doing? I went completely off track over Christmas and new year and the week just after as it was my daughters 7th birthday, far too much drink and quality streets :rolleyes: and put on 7lbs. I drew a line under it and have lost 5lbs over the last 2 weeks - so getting back on track :D. Still following plan at home on my own and have decided to start a Zumba group next Saturday.

Nay - you look amazing in your picture!!!

Slipping

This is the first week since October where I feel like I'm absolutely impatient with myself and want to lose more as quick as possible and on the other hand I have done a lot of 'controlled' snacking since yesterday. Weigh in was Wednesday and Wednesday night I didn't even have dessert.
Thursday came and I've finished almost a whole bag of Cadburys Eclairs (1 syns each mind). Together with 2 pieces of Thorntons Classics chocolate I've had 44.5 syns since yesterday so far. Will probably just do flexy syns this week, lol.

I've lost 1 lbs this week and definitely want a lot more next week, so I can't carry on doing this. Arrgh.

Long walk tomorrow I guess.

Saying that, I'm still counting the syns, which means there is a level of control still involved. However .... you know ... :rolleyes:

Welcome back sealmylips - of course we'll have you back, but you'll have to pay the joining fee again;)

I'm sure you'll get back on track, and you'll be back in the swing.

Tom I am also struggling this week. Switching plans mid-day, craving crisps - they are synned but not sure why I'm desperate for them. Little interest in cooking - most unlike me.

Heck, I've even cut down on the walking as I was pushing myself too hard and not getting the results I required.

I'm going to have a re-think tomorrow, re-read the books and make a real effort as failing now would be a disaster.

I'm obviously not so much losing interest, but thinking I'm capable of doing my own thing and getting a bit messed up.

Back to the books then lol.

Thanks Steve! pmsl @ the membership fee :eek:

Well i feel utterly rubbish this morning - 4rd weigh in and the scales tell me i've STS :cry::cry:I thought i'd had a really good week this week and felt sooo positive.

My other half keeps telling me that the scales are 'dodgy' and i think he's right as they were playing up the other week.

Oh i'm so at a loss now. We live in the middle of nowhere and i don't drive so it's impossible for me to attend a group as Mark works away alot of the week and i have looked high and low fora group i could attend, but nothing fits! If only SW would allow theire consultants to do groups on a weekend i'd be fine!

Anyway i'm rabbling - New week! Going to do a food planner later and see if i can find some scales in a boots or something :(

Hullo everyone! Sorry I've not been about for ages - illness/migraines/life getting in the way of popping on here unfortunately!

I have been sticking to plan though - and am pleased to report an overall loss of 7 lbs in January :D Amazing really, since I've let the body magic thing go totally since Christmas!

Hope everyone else is doing well (sorry, not had time to read through the many posts I have missed to see how everyone is yet!)

Blimey - welcome back into the fold my little lost lambs ;)

Like buses, three all come atonce lol.

Sealmylips, I know it is up to you, but if you are going to do it from home, you need to ensure a quality (expensive?) set of scales and have them perfectly level on none-carpeted flooring.

You will save this money v the weekly subs:p

Pogle, welcome back - well done on the loss for January. So often people disappear and either never come back, or come back with a large gain, so you've kept it going really well:D

MissP, well done on the body magic! - I've cut back as I walked 30 miles last week as well as a couple of gym sessions and although I lost 1.5lb I figured it should have been much more.

I'll continue with the gym twice a week and an afternoon walk, and ramblers stips every other Sunday, but will walk for pleasure rather than for pain!

Hopefully, my optimising itself will keep me going.

Time will tell (Wednesday night).

Steve

Back