Half way there, my progress so far!

Sparkley

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I am at the half way point now in my Exante weight loss journey. 5 1/2 stones gone and 5 1/2 to go! Thought I would share my progress pics with you all.

The first pic was taken on 1st July when I started, and the last was taken today - 7th November. It's amazing what 18 weeks of Exante and 30 Day Shred can do!

BeforeAfter.jpg

Brilliant! Well done, you look amazing! X

Hiya,

Not too bad im a bit up and down at the moment but I have recently stopped smoking and for all i havent been bad food wise I think my body has gone into shock..LOL I have heard it takes a while for your body to adjust back after smoking as cigs were a metabolism booster, plus i have an underactive thyroid. But if i maintain im happy and will will plod on and take the losses as and when they come ..lol

Wow what a difference! Well done!

Just came across this, looking good Sparkley!:clap:

Those are great before and during pics, keep it up...losing that much in such a small amount of time is a huge achievement

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate your lovely comments. Been feeling a bit fed up this week as my hair has started shedding! Read on the Exante website that this can happen when you've been on a VLCD for a long time. I've been doing TS for nearly 6 months now. So this week I have started introducing a low cal protein meal to try and give myself some 'real' food. Spoke to someone at Exante who said shedding should stop once I reintroduce conventional food. Here's hoping. My hair is long and thick but at the moment feels really thin and brittle and every time I wash or brush it loads is coming out. It's really depressing as I'm finding the diet easy to stick to and loving the results.

Has this happened to any if you?

X

I lost half my hair on CD, I was a complete mess...my dr demanded I come off the diet, but the CD counsellor really pressurised me to stay on it (I also had TOTM for 3 months solid! :cry:. Anyway for my health and sanity I came off it. It is normal, but for me even though I have super thick hair it was too much...my hairdresser asked me how long i'd had Alopcia for :-s.

Hope you are feeling better hun, I know what a nightmare it can be...if it happens this time around I think i'll cry (but i'm taking 2 hair and nail vita,ins from healthspan and the healthspan multivitality gold, and so far all is good)

Oh it's so good to hear from someone who's been through it... but not nice for you, obviously. Did you find it grew back okay once you came off the diet? And how quickly once you started eating proper food again? How long have you been on Exante for Lani? Thank you for sharing the info xx

It grew back....but took a long time, I came off CD last May, my hair is still recovering...my hair is noticeably shorter in a lot of places than others...but I hide it fairly well. Been on hair and nail vitamins since it happened. Been on Exante a month now but on WS so having about 800-1000 calories a day, my dr says this should be sufficient for my hair to be ok...because of my height etc. I think it's just a lack of vitamins, start taking good quality vitamins and you'll be fine I'm sure x

Thanks so much Lani. Am taking omega 3 supplement but think I will look for hair and nails supplement. It's odd because when I started on the diet my nails grew really long and strong where before they used to break. But now they are brittle like my hair. Hoping I will still lose on WS, will just be slower. Dreading washing my hair because so much hair comes out each time. What kind if weight are you losing each week on WS Lani, if you don't mind me asking. I am 5' 7" and losing around 3lb a week on TS at the moment. Thanks again x

I'm losing 2 lbs a week almost dead on, I have lost almost 2 lbs already this week mind and my official weigh in was only on Tuesday so hoping for 3 next week. Everyone is different, when I was on CD I was losing 11 lbs one week...nothing the next, then another 11 lbs...it was bizarre, but that's how my body took to it. This time it's much slower but I'm finding it easier, I really admire people that do TS as I know I don't have the willpower for that anymore, I just have to eat something, even if it's celery...I just have that desire to bite lol.

try healthspan, the vitamins are excellent quality and the prices are good, if you google it you'll find a discount code somewhere as well for your first order, so it's worth a shot. My nails have grown really fast since I started taking them, I have to have my nails infilled every ten days...costs me a fortune haha. X

I can cope with 2lb a week, at the moment I'll have a week where I lose 7lb then 2lb the next, but on average about a stone every four weeks. Just had a look at Healthspan and going to order the hair and nails supplement. Thanks so much for the advice. Feeling more positive about it now. X

You'll be fine, like I said it effects people differently, but the hair and nails supplements I know have helped loads :)

The difference is amazingg!!! You must be so happy and feel fantastic :) I'm thinking of starting Exante after christmas.

The difference is amazingg!!! You must be so happy and feel fantastic :) I'm thinking of starting Exante after christmas.

Thank you soooo much! I do feel so much better and it's been so quick, the last 6 months have flown by and, after a little weigh in today, I am 3lb off losing 6 stones! But... had some hair shedding due to the diet but hoping by introducing a but if proper food and taking supplements that will stop.

How much have you got to lose? I have to say that Exante has been the easiest diet to stick to that I have ever tried... and I've tried a lot!

X

Great, let me know how you get on, you'll probably notice the shedding slows down really quickly, I did.

hope you've had a great day Hun, 6 stones is unbelievable, you must be so proud of yourself...it's amazing x

Back