Half way there!

Well been on Exante total solution now for 21 days, been 100% every day and it is going great. I'm finding it much easier as each day goes on and I can see the results, that keeps me motivated.
I've lost 22 lbs so far, and have another 22 lbs to lose, planning on losing that within 5 weeks, should be possible.

I was just wondering the food break week, as I don't quite understand how you are supposed to do this or even if you have to do this. To be honest I would find it easier not to start eating food at all for another 5 weeks. Has anyone here skipped the food break week or is it essential.. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

P.S. This is my first post, but I have been reading this forum since I started Exante and it has been of massive support and help, so thank you to all of you for that..

:wavey:

Hello and welcome to the forum... I'm impressed with your weightloss :) already

Hope you reach your target weight in time... It's a fab diet I agree.

Danii x

Hi and welcome. You have done amazingly well in such a short time and should be so proud of your achievement. As for doing the food week; I am not doing it at all as I know that once I have eaten I would find it so difficult to go back to not eating again, so made the decision to continue without food.
22lbs in the next 5 weeks is perhaps a little adventurous as vlcd say you should lose 14lbs in a month so I would say give yourself 6-7 weeks to be on the right side. Everyone always loses more in their first month on the diet so perhaps your losses in the 2nd month may not be as big. Drinking more water does make you lose more weight so if you drink lots maybe you could make your anticipated goal in the time you would like; just don't be too dissapointed if you don't.
But anyway, congratulations on your losses so far and good luck for the future xx

Thank you all! Yeah I'm drinking at least 4 litres of water a day, so no worries there. I play alot of golf (3 times 18 holes per week walking) and also am playing squash once a week, and doing weights aswell, so should lose it within 5 more weeks? Do most people not bother with the food break week after 4 weeks? Is it dangerous to skip the food break week??
I would prefer not to, to be honest..

addictedtodominos said:
I would prefer to stick with total solution all the way through, I should have said... What do most people do?

Lots of people don't it's a personal choice :) if you don't want to do it I'd just carry on :)

Great thanks DustQueen. I am a little concerned at my weight loss this week. I weighed in on Thursday at 79.9 KG, and weighed myself today (any every other day) and I don't seem to be losing much since Thursday, I'm now 79.1 KG. I've still been 100%, still drinking at least 4 litres of water a day, and still doing exercise. But my weight loss seems to have hit a wall, could there be any reason for this; I always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning after I've had a piddle, and naked so it can't be that...
Any ideas would be greatly appriciated, I really want to get below 78KG before Thursday, I might have to go on a 10 mile run!

addictedtodominos said:
Great thanks DustQueen. I am a little concerned at my weight loss this week. I weighed in on Thursday at 79.9 KG, and weighed myself today (any every other day) and I don't seem to be losing much since Thursday, I'm now 79.1 KG. I've still been 100%, still drinking at least 4 litres of water a day, and still doing exercise. But my weight loss seems to have hit a wall, could there be any reason for this; I always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning after I've had a piddle, and naked so it can't be that...
Any ideas would be greatly appriciated, I really want to get below 78KG before Thursday, I might have to go on a 10 mile run!

I find some weeks my losses are smaller but those weeks I tend to shed more inches it evens out so don't worry :)

Yeah DustQueen, I think I am looking different in the mirror more this week than ever, but the scales aren't showing so... weird. Oh well not gonna give up, at least it is going down, won't be long before I'm 70 kg's.

addictedtodominos said:
Yeah DustQueen, I think I am looking different in the mirror more this week than ever, but the scales aren't showing so... weird. Oh well not gonna give up, at least it is going down, won't be long before I'm 70 kg's.

I really do find my clothes are looser on weeks of small losses :) keep going :)

Another day done, 100%. Did weights this morning and feeling good. Feeling and looking lighter this week even if the scales haven't changed much.

Weigh in day on Thursday morning, so gonna try and do weights tommoro night, to burn off a few extra calories, maybe a run around the block would be more beneficial though.

I'm now targeting 78.5 kg for this weeks weigh in, that would allow me 4.5 lbs per week loss for the following 4 weeks to get me down to target..

I think I realise now why I haven't lost as much as I feel I should this week. I haven't been for a number 2 for 4 days, it has been quite okay up until now, I have been going almost every day, and at worst every other day.
What is the best laxitive to take to flush me out..

addictedtodominos said:
I think I realise now why I haven't lost as much as I feel I should this week. I haven't been for a number 2 for 4 days, it has been quite okay up until now, I have been going almost every day, and at worst every other day.
What is the best laxitive to take to flush me out..

Ooo that would explain it :S try dulcolax pearls you can get them in tescos and they are very mild x

Well I managed to go to the loo a couple of times without the laxitives which I am pleased about, still something not right though, I might go and get the laxitives anyway just to clear me out and start fresh.
Weigh in day was today and I lost 1.7 kg or 3.8 lbs which is okay I suppose but I was hoping to lose a little more... I will really push myself this week and do cardio at least 4 times this week and try and lose 5 lbs for next weigh in.
Anyway just got over the halfway mark time wise aswell, just got 4 weeks to go! I feel that now I am over the hill I can see the finish line and the next 4 weeks should be easy peasy!

OOOOH, I just noticed my BMI is now under 25, thats good.

How much weight will I put on initially when I start eating normally again? I'm guessing about 5 or 6 lbs for the food in my system and extra water retention. So I do feel like the weight I am now is a little false and I should add 6 lbs to it to give more realistic weight.

Not sure why but I'm craving food more and more each day, I was doing so well for the first 4/5 weeks but now I'm finding it really hard. I have been drinking loads of water at least 3 litres a day usually 4 litres. Don't know why the hunger has started to hit hardest now, I haven't cracked yet, and I hope I won't since I only have 2/3 weeks to go.
I am also feeling a bit weaker than before so maybe this is why my brain is craving food more? Any advice? Or am I just having a tough few days and will it go back to normal soon?

Well I only lost 1.5 lbs last week, boooo. And I was still 100% albeit I did have 3 of those days when I had 4 sachets.
I've started eating 4 sometimes 5 exante sachets per day, I've already lost 1.5 lbs this week so far with 4 days to go till weigh in, so I should have a decent loss this week.

Not sure why I've started to feel more and more hunger, could it be cos I haven't got much to lose now, my body is craving as to hold onto the fat I have left on my body? I really really want to get down to my target of 11 stone, I was wondering if I had 5 exante meals a day (so thats still only 1000 calories) if I would still lose weight, although at a slower pace..
I don't want to start eating yet, I'd rather have 5 exante's than go on simple/working solution. Does anyone know what I should do?

Back