Hamish's Mum's diary

Hamish's Mum

Silver Member
I thought I would introduce myself and start a diary to try to keep me on the right path.

My name is Bev and I am 42 and live in Edinburgh, (Hamish is my doggie). I lost 2.5 stone last year in 5 months on the Atkins diet and have pretty much kept it off. I liked the idea of rules to follow because I am a bit of a compulsive eater. I then listened to everyone who told me low carb was bad for you, so decided to start on Slimming World. I enjoyed eating that way but never really lost weight even though I followed it 100% and found it difficult to sit in a class with a gain when everyone else had a loss.

So I did a bit of research and decided to try the Dukan diet, as it is low carb, high protein and low in fat.

I checked with the official website and change my goal weight which now seems much more achievable for me, and have read the book cover to cover.

I really want to lose more weight this year, I don't have a set amount, just a nice steady loss would be nice. I go on holiday in 5 weeks, so I hope to be so set in my ways I will be able to follow it on holiday too.

My eating today has been as follows

B - oatbran porridge with skimmed milk
S - omelet
L - piece of steak
S - fat free yoghurt
T - rainbow trout and prawns

Fluids - lots of glasses of water, 1 diet cola, some coffee with skimmed milk.

I am not going to weigh until Sunday morning after my 5 days on attack, so until then I will keep my fingers crossed.

Bev

Sounds good Bev. Nice to meet you properly.

Last day of Attack for me, went on the scales and although I have lost yesterday no more loss for me today. maybe tomorrow fingers crossed will see another pound off.

Working today too, so trying to organise food without veggies is so much more difficult at least tomorrow I can take a salad.

I know that I have to increase my oatbran tomorrow, do I also decrease my skimmed milk intake. Thought i read that somewhere, but can't see it in the book.

Morning!

Yes, maximum of 1 litre of dairy, of which a max 250mls can be skimmed milk. Don't worry though - it's loads! You'll be fine with that amount for tea/coffees etc.

Well done on getting through Attack. It gets so much easier from now on - and veggies will taste even better than before :)

Hi, nice to read your story! You seem to be on the right track, and nice to hear the oatbran enthusiasm!

Today I started Cruise.

I have my lovely oatbran porridge for breakfast and so looking forward to some mushrooms with my lunch!

I didn't mind Attack, it went much easier than I thought, and I even managed to stick with it after a major argument blew up last night with DD17. After weighing myself this morning I had lost 5lb's which I was really pleased about. Hoping to stay on course and hopefully lose 2lb a week

My first day of cruise yesterday and I thought I would go mad with the veggies, but in fact didn't eat that much of them at all!

I had pepper and tomato with my omelet for lunch, and then only a bit of cucumber and lettuce with prawns for my tea. Really surprised myself.

So I am going to do 1/1 of PP/PV so hoping I can stay motivated that way.

I didn't mind Attack, it went much easier than I thought, and I even managed to stick with it after a major argument blew up last night with DD17.

17 kids???? (no TV?!) :D

Well one on your great loss. Every other day veg/salad is a good way of ensuring that boredom doesn't set in and that you're never far from your next crunch.

17 kids???? (no TV?!) :D

Well one on your great loss. Every other day veg/salad is a good way of ensuring that boredom doesn't set in and that you're never far from your next crunch.

Heck no - she is 17, only have 2 kids. Good luck to anyone that has more :D

Jumped on the scales this morning and was a bit cheesed off to find that I have put 2lb's of my attack weight back on. I am sure its just fluid so I am just going to ignore it and keep at my diet, hopefully it will balance out a bit by next weeks weigh in.

I take medication that slows down my metabolism, so I know it is harder to lose weight but it is not impossible, so I just have to keep with the positive mental attitude. I do think my jeans feel a bit more comfortable, so that can only be a god thing.

Are you posting your menus Hamish? Drinking plenty of water? Many things can cause a slight gain. PV days tend to, plus a slower than ideal transit (which is always slower on this diet anyway as we eat less fibre than most), water retention if too much salt eaten, perhaps the wrong time in your cycle.

But post menus cos errors can slip in at the outset.

thanks everyone

I have lost the 2lb's gain again, so I think it is just a water problem for me. Drinking loads, especially water, and have to fill my large thermo of water up at least 3 times at work during a 6hr shift.

Have been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days, nothing to do with the diet just a bug that is going around, but I am pleased with myself for not comfort eating when I am feeling yucky.

I am on a PV day today so mushrooms omelet today, my favourite.

I have a DD16 nearly 17 so I can sympathise :)

Well today is my small town's Gala day.

It's a sort of celebration of the town, a parade with lots of floats and the children walking dressed up from all the local schools.

It is always barbeque time at my Brother In Law's house too.

I have taken lots of goodies dukan friendly to take and as it is a PV day, will eat salad and vegetables too. I have also volunteered for most of the driving too, so that I can't be tempted by the wine so fingers crossed I manage to stay on track.

As an incentive I ordered a new dress for my holidays, hoping it fits when it comes.

Back