Hands up, who weighs in every day?

my hubby once caught me weighing my bra cos i wantd to know if the wires made a difference (they didnt) it was then he realisied that i might be just a tiny bit obssessed!!

LMAO, weigh your bra, now that is funny.

:rolleyes: Yep, I did that. I couldn't resist....only thing was I have the weight watchers digital scales and if they got slightly knocked of the spot I had them in they told me I was a stone lighter!! (I wish :D). Anyway, they are now stored away in a cupboard so I genuinely am suprised or gutted when I go for my weigh in now.

I generally do, but I think it makes me less likely to follow a diet as I get disheartened. However when I do not weigh myself daily, I can let it slip.

I weigh myself after having dinner because this will be my heaviest.

wow, i wouldn't be able to do that- i'd probably get terribly depressed and would refuse to eat:) for me it's always after waking up, going to the loo, and i always weigh myself naked:)

Use to weigh myself all the time then stopped for a whole year, I saw a hypnotherapist about it as it became a huge obsession.

In the past 4 weeks it has been daily, like most every morning after the loo. It occassionally gets to me when the numbers aren't going in the right direction but currently i'ts not too bad and I need the daily reminder to stay focused. Feel if I miss a day it will all slip away!

Bren
X

I must admit that I do weigh myself near enough everyday...

Mainly to make sure that I am on track for a loss....but in the last 5 weeks my scales do rather silly things....

I am literally the same weight through the whole week, then when it gets to weigh in day (monday) I can see 3 or 4lbs off! I think my scales know what I'm doing :p :p

x

wow, i wouldn't be able to do that- i'd probably get terribly depressed and would refuse to eat:) for me it's always after waking up, going to the loo, and i always weigh myself naked:)

LOL now i wouldnt go as far as weighing myself naked!

well i used to weigh myself first thing but i would look at the number and think, I'm not that light, although I think i will switch back to the mornings because i keep getting fluctuations :p

wow i didnt know some people were that obsessed about their weight, this can be really really bad i see.

shouldnt weight be used as a little guide rather than definitive proof?

i dont really know much about this, but cant loads of factors affect weight?....like water content or muscle.

like i said before i weigh my self like 10-20 times a day, but thats just for fun and probably because i got my scales recently and the scales are positioned right next to my chair so when i get up im literraly standing on the scales lol. i dont know if im normal, i go from 161 pounds in the morning to 168 at my biggest.

but i can assure you, one place where body weight can be an issue is when you do chin ups or pull ups. woow, my arms are quite toned and i have decent biceps, but i can only do 3 chin ups in 1 go.

its not about the weight. its about the fat. (now if only there was a way to see how much fat i have in my body...)

I 'half' agree with you there re weight and fat but as I said before if I don't weigh myself my weght creeps up and up and up. I now realise I need to keep a check on it daily for a long time until I have completely retrained my thinking and eating. That won't happen over night.

My second point is isn't weighing yourself 10-20 times a day 'just for fun' a little much? I weigh myself once, in the morning, in my pj's and having gone to the loo. After that there's no fun it at all. (probably just tears!)

I 'half' agree with you there re weight and fat but as I said before if I don't weigh myself my weght creeps up and up and up. I now realise I need to keep a check on it daily for a long time until I have completely retrained my thinking and eating. That won't happen over night.

That's good thinking but remember it is normal for your body weight to fluctuate, you may be a pound up one morning then down 2 the next day. Or that's what it was like for me when I was weighing daily.

I'm a "serial scales-hopper", every morning religiosly I hop on it... can't help it, I need to check it... well, if I'd done this in the years, I wouldn't (probably) have gained all the weight I have... was blind to what was happening and couldn't really "see" the damage...oh well, I've learnt from my experience the hard way, but I just love the scales and won't give them up, even if hubby says he'll hide it away!"!!

i'm getting really annoyed at my scales, and my body for that matter. i suddenly gained 2 pounds and they don't want to go away. i don't eat too much, i eat pretty much the same amount as i did before, but for some reason my weight jumped up;( if my scales don't show a change tomorrow i think i'm gonna give myself a break from them for a while, diet for a week or so and see if my scales become more generous then:/

I notice that sometimes the weight is different if you place the scales on different areas - even on the same type of surface. So I dont worry too much if it goes up or down 1-2lbs. More than that and its time to do something about it.

my scales are pretty accurate tbh, i always put them in the same spot too. so if it shows i gained weight, i know i did:)

Not yet

I reached my goal weight in mid-December. Doing LL I was only weighed at weekly weigh in. Don't have any scales at home.
Have just completed RTM. If I have trouble maintaining I will connsider getting some scales.
At the moment I am still going to the sessions once a week and getting weighed. Have fluctuated by 1-2lbs per week up and down, but still bubbling below 10stone which was my goal and size 8-10, so happy.

I do and I need to stop, not lost weight in 2 days and although I am still possitive I know it will only make life harder

I haven't lost weight this week either but still have a couple more days to go before my proper reading. However it's good to show I haven't gained!

I weigh every morning, without fail - have done right from day one on Cambridge and still do now!

x

Back