Hands up, who weighs in every day?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by phatlassthin, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. phatlassthin

phatlassthin Full Member

I know we're supposed to weigh ourselves only once a week but I have to admit I weigh myself every morning. :copon: I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just wondered who else does it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I do. Weighed myself twice a day when I was on Cambridge, but now once a day.

Daily weigher and proud of it :D

4. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

I keep weighing myself mid week or after the weekend although its not everyday, i just go down to do some washing and the scales are so tempting i just have to weigh myself.

5. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I never used to, but I just started doing it in the morning or evening and its not helping. There are quite wild fluctuations every I stand on the scales and I'm going to stop doing it before it depresses me and I eat everything in sight lol

6. amavic

amavic Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I weigh myself every morning it helps keep my motivated and want to stick to me diet better.

7. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I usually weigh myself every day but sometimes I can't be bothered haha :) I take my socks off and sometimes it's soooooo cold!!

x

8. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

hello. i weigh myself every day too:) it's always in the morning after going to the loo. i very rarely weigh myself twice a day, i think i did it a few times to see how much the weight fluctuates during the day, but in the end i realized it depresses me, so i stopped doing it, and now weigh myself once a day. i think it helps me- if i gain a pound, i know immediately, and can do smth about it instead of realizing after a week that i gained 3 pounds and getting all depressed:)

9. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Yeah. I do... I weigh most mornings, and occasionally for interest in the evenings as well. I know I shouldn't and I do often go a few days without weighing.. But I am a very regular weigher! Ah it's good to get used to your weight fluctuating anyway, gets your brain used to the fact that there's not going to be a static weight you stay at..

Haha just realised this is my 666th post!:angeldevil:

10. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

:happy096:

can't find a devilish smiley face, so here goes:

]:-> <--- that is supposed to be a little devil, as per the 666th post:)

11. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i do too, morning and night-how obsesive is that ?? i only take friday mornign figs as the official weight tho

12. phatlassthin

phatlassthin Full Member

Yeah I take Monday morning figs as my official. Like someone said if I see I've gained a little I can take action straight away.

13. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    lol i just brought a digital weight scale from argos, it looks very nice.

for me weight isnt the issue at all, its the fat on my stomach and the tone-ness of my body.

but i weigh my self many times a day, its close to my chair so litrally everytime i get up i check my weight. its amazing how the weight changes during the day. it goes from 161 pounds to 168 pounds at my most fullest. i dont really know what my correct weight is.

but weight isnt the problem for me, people make too much of an issue of weight. i used to do weight training when i was very young and found that my weight shot up.

but il probly get bored of weighing my self soon, i just brought it yesterday because everyone keeps talking about weight.

14. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I used to weigh myself a ridiculous amount of times a day. I now limit it to once a day. I know it should be once a week, but I can't stay off the scales that long. Which is strange, because when I was at my biggest I wouldn't go near the scales. x)

You correct weight is the one in the morning, after you've used the bathroom, before you've drank/eaten anything.

15. phatlassthin

phatlassthin Full Member

When I stopped weighing myself I gained another 2 stone!!! I will never let that happen again.

16. NarsAddict

NarsAddict Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.67%)
    I couldn't do it because it would just make me want to give up. As for some reason I only lose weight while I'm on my period. I know I'm constantly losing weight in reality as It's always a big loss, ie usually about 8lbs. I guess it's just my body catching up or something.

I've been on this diet 4 months and have only ever lost weight when I've had my period and for the few days afterwards. Every other day of the month my weight will not budge whatsoever. Even three weeks after I last saw a drop when I've been on my diet the whole time it will not register nothing.

So I gave up on weighing myself so much and only do it while I have my period. It is very satisfying seeing it drop 1lb a day for over a week then though :D.

17. phatlassthin

phatlassthin Full Member

aren't our bodies funny things? I can understand not weighing if your body does that. I never weigh myself once I've eaten or even had a drink as it's too depressing! But The first thing I do every morning is get up, go to the loo and then hop on the scales.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    :eek:

I weighed every day the first couple of years on Atkins, I was a total scaloholic. I now only weigh on a Saturday morning. If I have put any weight on at all I go on strict induction and then weigh daily until I'm back to my normal weight.

20. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    ah i just weihhed my self now.

11 stone 7. so as someone sugested that maybe my correct weight. but this is first thing in the morning after i done a number 2 and havent had breakfast yet - so i feel like i cheated lol.

but men shouldnt worry about their weight i dont think, they should only check out their fat content. i mean i got a layer of flab in my stomach now, but 4 years ago i used to have pacs (well you could see them, they wernt like the ones on tv though lol). i can tell you theres a huge differnce in the way your skin feels if thers no fat or alot of fat there.

to be honest i wouldnt care if my weight was ova 13 stone as long as the fat is going away. ive been told muscle weighs much more than fat, and ive also been told the more muscles you have the more calories you naturally burn - which is very good for me.

i was about 6 stone when i was 11, and then about 1 and half years later i was 8 stone. and that was because i was constantly weight training throughtout that time and building muscle. and my diet naturally involved a lot of chicken because my mum used to cook it everyday for me (and still does). i remember though at the time, my friend who was a similar build to me, he was 6 stone at the time that i was 8 stone.

but now obviosly my weight has become big due to chiken and chips and coke. so i dont think weight is the big issue, its about puting your hand in your body and deciding if ther is or isnt any fat there. and if there is, something has to be done about it. - well thats wat im doing anyway.

21. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Been there, done that and always stark naked. :D

22. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

I weigh myself after having dinner because this will be my heaviest.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.