Hannah's Food Diary

Weigh in -8lbs!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sunday 13th February

Breakfast - Porridge with skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - Mattesons turkey rashers, 2 x fried egg and mushrooms
Dinner - Hmmm.....shortcrust pastry (was simons!) (15 syns), mash, steak, stock, gravy (3 syns), onion, 2 x yorkshire puddings (6 syns)
Snacks - Apple, 2 x fat free yogurt, hot choc with cream and marshmallows (7.5 syns)

Total syns - 31.5 (valentines dinner)

Last edited:
Monday 14th February

Breakfast - porridge with skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - apple, pineapple and grape pot and extra apple and grape, snack a jacks salt and vinegar (5.5 syns)
Diner - jacket potato, baked beans, broccoli, quorn sausages
Snacks - apple, fat free yoghurt and refresher (4 syns)

Total syns - 9.5

Monday 28th February

Breakfast - porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - chicken tikka slices, apple
Dinner - jacket potato with 28g low low cheese and half a tin of baked beans
Snacks - grapes, quark mixed with white hot choc (2.5 syns) and artificial sweetener, splash of skimmed milk in tea (0.5 suns)

Total syns - 3

Exercise - hour at gym including legs

Walking - 30 mins

Tuesday 1st March

Breakfast - Porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - Jacket Potato with baked beans and a pineapple, grape and apple pot
Dinner - 2 Egg omlette with a dash of milk (0.5 syns), 45g low low cheese (2.5 syns + rest of hxA), mushrooms and chicken tikka slices
Snacks - Fat free yoghurt, quark, hot choc (2 syns), artificial sweetener, dash of milk in tea (0.5 syns)

Total syns - 5.5

Walking - 30 mins

Wednesday 2nd March

Lunch - Tuna, extra light mayo (2 syns), cherry tomatoes, 1/4 of a cucumber
Dinner - Jacket Potato with baked beans, cheese (rest of hxA), quorn sausages
Snacks - Apple x 2, grapes, mullerlight, snack-a-jacks (5.5 syns), hot choc (2 syns), dash of milk in tea (0.5 syns), fat free natural yoghurt (onken), artificial sweetener

Total syns - 10

Exercise - 30 mins cross trainer, triceps, chest and shoulders strength training, 10 mins stepper

Walking - 30 mins

Thursday 3rd March

Lunch - Jacket Potato with baked beans
Dinner - Quorn sausages with tomato and herb pasta n sauce
Snacks - Natural fat free yoghurt, hot choc (2 syns), artificial sweetener, fat free yoghurt, chilli heatwave doritos (7 syns), 4 ryvita (4 syns) with marmite

Total syns - 13

Exercise - 45 minutes Zumba

Walking - 30 mins

Last edited:
Ok so Friday-Monday was bad.

Weigh in +4.5lbs

New start.

Tuesday 8th March

Breakfast - porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - strawberries, grapes, pineapple and a fat free yoghurt
Dinner - turkey steak with carrot and swede mash
Snacks - banana and clementine

Total syns - 0

Exercise -

Walking -

Wednesday-Friday was 100% went to the gym Wed-Sat + zumba, so did lots of exercise!!

Saturday had porridge for breakfsat as usual after the gym, then had a nandos (chicken breast, spicy rice and chips + choc cheesecake!) then at babysitting I had 2 x mini milky bar.

Sunday - BAD FOOD DAY

Weigh in -4.5 lbs, so back to 10 stone 9.5

Monday 14th March

Brekfast - Porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - Homemade bacon (turkey rashers) and mushroom quiche, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, grapes, ff activia snackpot yogurt (finally realised yogurt is spelt without the h!!!)
Dinner - 6 rashers of bacon (all fat removed), 2 eggs fried in frylight, baked beans (whole tin oops!), while pack of mushrooms and a whole tomato
Snacks - Apple, more quiche, quark mixed with options white hot choc and artificial sweetener (2 syns), snack-a-jacks (5.5 syns)

Total syns - 7.5

Walking - 30 mins

Majorly confused now, as a tv advert said yogurt was spelt with the h! Arghh please if anyone knows how it's spelt let me know!

Today I have 12 weeks left until I want to be at target. The last challenge I gave myself was from january for 10 weeks and overall I lost 14.5 lbs! I had lots of gains though and it was always as big gain and a big loss! This time I'm hoping to be a lot more consistent! Is much rather a steady continuous loss! I've got 16.5 lbs to go, so need to average 1.5 lbs per week.

I'm pretty good at work at saying no to things, likes cakes etc because I guess I care what other people would think, like "ooo thought you were on a diet", also I'm so used to people thinking I'm going to fail that I don't want to appear to in front of them. My main problem is eating in secret. I have a tenancy to binge, I'm sort of like a bulemic who doesn't throw up. If I'm in as binging mood and I go to the shops, I would easily eat biscuits, chocolate, savoury food, a loaf of bread, you name it. As long as the bf, family and friends didn't know it was like it never happened. I want to stop this as it is certainly not healthy and it's very expensive.

So during this 12 week challenge I want to:
1. Reach target
2. Not binge
3. Make wise choices for meals out

That's all for now, will update tomorrow!

Last edited:
Monday 21st March

Breakfast - Porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and 3tbsp sugar (6 syns)
Lunch - Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Cup-a-soup Wild Mushroom (3 syns), grapes, activia snack pot fat free yogurt
Dinner - Pasta with chicken, broccoli and roughly a third of a can of batchelors cream of chicken condensed soup (15 syns for whole tin, so 5 syns)
Snacks - Fat free yogurt

Total syns - 14

Exercise - Cross trainer 45 mins, keeping over 10kph
0-5 = level 10
5-10= level 11
10-15 = level 12
15-25 = level 13
25-35 = level 12
35-40 = level 11
40-45 = level 10

Walking - 30 mins

Last edited:
Tuesday 5th April

Breakfast - Porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and artifical sweetener
Lunch - Homemade Quiche (Quark, 4 eggs, loads of mushrooms, turkey bacon rashers and a large onion, divided into 4) and a ww toffee yogurt
Dinner - 2 circles of gammon (the cheap £1.00 pack), small jacket potato and carrots, with ketchup (3 syns)
Snacks - Vanilla ww yogurt, 3 x tea with sweetener tablets, diet coke can, pepsi max can

Total syns - 3

Walking - 30 mins

Wednesday 6th April

Lunch - Homemade Quiche and a ww toffee yogurt
Dinner - 2 x Quorn sausages, small jacket potato and carrots and broccoli, with ketchup (3 syns)
Snacks - Apple, 2 x kiwi, diet coke, grapes

Total syns - 3

Walking - 30 mins

Last edited:
Thursday 7th April

Lunch - Homemade Quiche and a ww vanilla yogurt
Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese (plenty of superfree)
Snacks - Diet Coke, Pepsi Max, Snack-a-jacks BBQ (5.5 syns), strawberry muller light

Total syns - 5.5

Walking - 30 mins

Friday 8th April

Lunch - Homemade Quiche and a cherry muller light
Dinner - Steak with JP and veg (chilli and ginger sauce)
Snacks - Diet Coke

Total syns - 0

Walking - 30 mins

Sunday 8th May

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk and artificial sweetener
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (6 syns) and beans
Dinner - Beef roast with aunt bessies potatoes (4 syns), 2 large yorkshire puddings (10 syns), brocolli, peas and gravy (3 syns)
Snacks - Magnum double caramel ice lolly (18 syns)
Drinks - Not very much water and lots of diet coke

Total syns - 41

Last edited:
Monday 9th May

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk
Lunch - Tuna with Heinz Light Salad Cream (4 syns), Sainsbury's BGTY cous cous with roasted veg (0.5 syns) and salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and spring onion
Dinner - Jacket potato with tuna (4 syns), baked beans and cheese (rest of hxA)
Snacks - Muller rice strawberry (11 syns)
Drinks - 2 litres water, 1 pepsi max can and 1 diet coke can

Total syns - 19.5

Exercise - 20 mins cross trainer, weight training with 4kg dumbells and 5 mins stepper, also walked home up steep hill for 40 mins

Tuesday 10th May

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk and artifical sweetener
Lunch - Tuna with Heinz Light Salad Cream (4 syns), Sainsbury's BGTY cous cous with roasted veg (0.5 syns) and salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and spring onion and Helmann's fat free vinaigrette (0.5 syns)
Dinner - 2 x BBQ chicken wings (3 syns), jacket potato, beans and salad (as above without vinaigrette)
Snacks - Muller rice strawberry (11 syns)
Drinks - 1 litre of water, 2 glasses of NAS squash and 1 can of pepsi max

Total syns - 19

Exercise - Walked up a big hill in the rain carrying 4 massive textbooks!!!

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th May

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk and artifical sweetener
Lunch - Apple, grape and pineapple pot from sainsbury's
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks - 2 litres of water and 2 cans of pepsi max

Total syns -

Exercise - 20 mins crosstrainer, tricep and shoulder exercises using 3kg dumbell and stretching

Will state now that I walk for 30 mins every weekday, 15 mins down hill to work and 15 mins up hill from work. Can't be bothered to write that every day :) but I will write the days when I walk all the way up the hill which takes 40-45 mins and is really really steep like on monday :)

Wednesday 1st June

Lunch - heinz weight watchers hearty vegetable broth soup (6 syns)
Dinner - gammon (lean), baked beans, boiled potatoes and salad
Snacks - banana, apple, strawberries, activia peach yogurt

Total syns - 6

Exercise - 30 mins cross trainer, strength training for shoulders, triceps and chest and 10 mins stepper
Walking - 30 mins
Water - 2.25 litres

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd June

Lunch - heinz weight watchers tomato soup (4 syns)
Dinner - chicken breast, tuna, boiled potatoes, salad, salad cream light (7.5 syns)
Snacks - apple and grapes, pineapple 1% yogurt (4.5 syns?), pineapple

Total syns - 15

Exercise - 30 mins crosstrainer, strength training legs, 10 mins hill programme 6.5kph level 15 on treadmill
Walking - 30 mins
Water - 3 litres

Last edited:
Back