Hannah's journey continues

I was reading around the other VLCD forums and someone started doing the shred and their weight loss stalled - but they were losing inches off their 'problem areas'! It seems like quite an intensive workout, so perhaps, I can suggest, maybe get to goal and start it when you start RTM? :) If you're not used to quite intense exercise, might come as a bit of a shock to the system all at once! Plus, because there may be muscular tearing from the 'shred' (the can't move arms/legs feeling) means your body will be retaining water around those areas to repair the damage too. I would encourage you to give it a go, but maybe wait until RTM. :)

Hope your week is going well so far! x

Some good advice there Minerva

Did Day One of the Shred today, not as bad as I thought and it is only 20 mins.

I've been doing pilates and the gym whilst doing LL, and did a Davina DVD last year when losing weight on total. So not totally unfit!! Lets see what my body says about it tomorrow.

I only have a few pounds of belly fat left to lose, so feel that exercise is now the way forward as my losses have been small in the last few weeks since doing Lite, and going off plan a few times.

I'm thinking of going to 2 packs a day and two small Lite meals - will talk to my LLC about it next week. I think I will have more energy for exercise, gradually re-enter the world of food, and use packs for breakfast and a snack.

I originally only only came back to LL for 4 weeks to lose a 12lb re-gain, so having done 8 weeks and dropped lower than I finished last year I'm very pleased with my loss.

The Lite re-feed is only 4 weeks, but I dont want to introduce carbs too soon so am looking at a low GL type diet for a while. I'm finding loads of info and ideas to maintain on this site on other threads.

My focus is increasingly about fitness, healthy eating and a good attitude towards food for now and the future. This site is an amazing resource for us all.

Well done everyone for fantastic losses again this week!! xx

Found myself in shops this morning as my son missed his bus to work and I ended up taking him.

He works at McD's, and it smelt really greasy and horrible when I pulled up outside. His clothes smell so terrible when he comes home too. Daily they have to climb up and scrape grease for the extractors with a wallpaper scraper!! Imagine that in your arteries!!! Yuk, yuk, yuk!!

Thought I would have a look at the summer clothes. Found myself picking up size 22-24 tops - what!! My fat thinking brain has not kept up with the changes in my body!! Didnt buy anything but it was nice to browse.

I think I need to have a sort out of my summer clothes, and would like to be at goal before I buy anything. I did buy quite a few things last summer.

Hope you are all enjoying the April sunshine. xx

I am struggling with my image at the moment, not sure why type of clothes I want to wear! You must have lost a fair amount of dress sizes now looking at your stats. You have done so well xx

Shred? Curious here. Do tell me more

Btw, you have done and are still doing fantastic!! Very impressed

xx

Thank you Weebles!

The Shred is a fitness DVD - tough & challenging!! You do it for 30 days, 10 days on each of the 3 levels. Interval training, weights, cardio and abdominal exercises!!

Did Day 2 today, nearly ready for bed now!! xx

LadyT I know what you mean about the clothes dilema. I seem to be going towards smaller versions of my exisiting clothes, but my shape has changed and I could wear more fitted clothes now.

I need a lottery win and a stylist!!

Promise to catch up on everyones progress over the Easter weekend.

Hope the sun stay shining for us all!! xx

I've just been reading through your diary, catching up! You did so well at your son's party - and getting back on it after a lapse is really inspiring to me as that's what I'm doing today :(

I am struggling clotheswise - I've never really had a "style" and am now attempting to find one!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can do it too UmmZakaria!! :)

We can all have fun finding our own style and being adventurous with clothes when we are at goal!!

Yummy, made Frappuccino this morning with a vanilla shake, spoon of coffee and loads of ice whizzed up in my blender!! Was so thick I "ate" it with a spoon out of the blender jug!! Sitting on the patio in the glorious sunshine. Not too much of that today as my freckles are really coming out!! Nice to get a bit of colour on my legs though.

Sore muscles especially my calves today, after yesterdays efforts at the Shred!! More of that later when I do my Day 3 workout. Need to sort out a decent sports bra, my old one is too big so not much use. Found myself doing jumping jacks with one arm so I could hold myself in place with the other. Not a good look!!

Have a great day everyone!! xx

Lol have a mental picture of jumping jacks with one hand.

Doing well with the exercise, well done that shred is supposed to be tough. You go girl.

Happy easter.

The exercise sounds tough, I am so impressed xx

Well done with the shred.... x

I'm loving the sound of this exercise - a friend of mine was talking about it recently too. I just don't have the energy to do strenuous exercise on LL :( I'm doing less now than I was before. Trying to walk lots and lots but anything more brings me out in the shivers. Defo going to give this a go once I'm on RTM x

I'm the same hear brilliant reviews but it sounds tough. I wake every noting with a dull ache in my legs only because of the walking to get the horse out the field and put him back and mucking out means my arms occasionally ache. Not sure if i could cope with anything else at this stage lol defo something I will consider on RTM. You are doing so well,keep it up xx

Lol have a mental picture of jumping jacks with one hand.

Hee Hee! Problem solved, now wearing two bras, one sports bra and a lycra crop top thing to hold it all in place. This girl can now do two armed jumping jacks!! xx

I'm loving the sound of this exercise - a friend of mine was talking about it recently too. I just don't have the energy to do strenuous exercise on LL :( I'm doing less now than I was before. Trying to walk lots and lots but anything more brings me out in the shivers. Defo going to give this a go once I'm on RTM x

I was already doing pilates and going to the gym, I walk my dog every day too.

I don't think I would have the energy for this if I was still on total, but doing Lite my calories are higher now and I have had a few lapses!! :eek:

I do think doing a bit of exercise at the right level can improve your energy, but let your body tell you how much. xx

Back