Hannah's keeping at it Food Diary

Tishbish

Silver Member
Hello all, I've been following SW for a few months now and trying to get my excess baby weight off. I've manged to get almost 3 st off but have a little way to go. I have been off track for a few weeks now, i lost my Grandma and life has seemed a little hectic and un important, but i am getting back on track today and I'm really looking forward to it.

so my food diary for today is:

Breakie: 42g crunchy bran with semi skimmed milk

Lunch: smoked salmon, cottage cheese and a large salad with a fruit salad for afters

Dinner: chicken stew and rice pudding for afters

So here's to a good day :D

I had cherries, grapes a banana and a avtivia fat free yog throughout the day too, really enjoyed my food today.

Last edited:
Hi Hannah
Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma - it's hard to plan properly when life takes over.
You're definately doing the right thing starting a food diary on here as everyone is really nice and you can get loads of support.

Are you doing SW on your own or going to class?
Also it would be helpful to add what plan you're following so people can try and help if you are struggling.
Looks like you're getting lots of SF with your lunch salad, and I'm guessing your chicken stew is probably packed with veg. Are you using your syns as well? Make sure you allow yourself a treat - it'll help you keep on track.
Look forward to having another diary to read!

Good day so far

I actually had crab salad for lunch with 2 tbls of extra light salad cream it was yummy. My chicken stew has lots of carrots and leek and some potato as well as chicken of course. I'm following the extra easy plan. I'm going to be having more milk than I should in the rice pudding so I'll count that and my salad cream as my syns for the day. My problem is once I start on the naughty stuff I can't stop so I'm going to try and use my syns for condiments ect for a while.
Thanks for the help, looking forward to another good day tomorrow x:)

Mmmm I love home made rice pudding - it's shocking to believe a proper pud like that can be diet friendly!

oh dear, dumpling!

Hubby left a dumpling and i ate it, just checked and its a whopping 9 syns!!!!! bugger :eek:

Oh no!! Was it worth it?

Dumpling disaster

Yesterdays dumpling was sooooo not worth the syns, I don't even like them, yuk, still ate it though :0(

Todays menu is:

B: 2x wholemeal toast HEB with 1 spoon of strawberry jam 3 synsAnd half a banana with a cup of tea

L: sardine in tom sauce with small jacket and large salad

07/07/10

I had a good food day and a good day in general really:

B: 2 x Wholemeal bread with 1 tsp Jam (2 syns)

L: Jacket potato with beans and salad

D: Steak, salad, coleslaw (2 syns) makerel fillet with sweet chilli sauce (1/2 syn)crusty roll (? syns)

S: yogurt, banana, strawberries alpen light (3 syns)

:)

Hi Hannah, just popping in to see how you're doing.
Food looking good hun
x

Morning Sarah, thanks for your replies, I'm enjoying it so far, its tough because im not going to a class so i dont have that pressure but i have come to realise that if i'm serious about losing the weight i have to do it alone. And with all the support on here, who needs it?!?
I hope you have a good day x

I don't go to class either - firstly there isn't one close to me in an evening, plus I simply can't afford it. For me personally I know that if I truly want to do ito it then I can without a class, and this time it does seem to be working. And you're right having minimins is better than a class if anything as it's not just for an hour a week!! x

Your diary for the week is really good, sorry to hear of your loss, losing a grandparent is really hard, especially if you have little ones. How old is your baby? I have an 11 month old son and I piled the weight on after Noah was born not during the pregnancy!!

I'm also like you, trying to avoid the naughty stuff and my dangerous evening binge time, so far I have managed but I find using up my syns quite difficut esp as I don't like ketchup etc

Anyway, good luck for WI this week, speak soon, donna x

08/07/10

EE day

HEA semi skimmed milk in coffees

B: Activia yog and necterine

L: Cheese, leek and ham pasta in sauce with added mushrooms and bacon. Grapes.

D: Homemade cottage pie, cabbage, carrots, peas and green beans with gravy (syns 4)

S: 2 x wholemeal toast with scraping of jam HEB ( syns 1) Mini milk (syns 1.5)

Popping to M&S tonight to get some nice fruit and some snacks to see me through the weekend.
Out with the girls on friday night so im the designated driver and will be on the diet cokes, then babysitting for my sister and her two boys on saturday night so i will take my own snacks round as she has naughty nice food in her cupboards.

My butcher does 'syn free' sausages as he used to be a member of slimming world so i have bought some of them and will have them for tea tomorrow before i go out so im not tempted to get fried chicken or kebab on my way home.

How old is your baby? I have an 11 month old son and I piled the weight on after Noah was born not during the pregnancy!!

Hi Donna, my little boy is also 11 months old and a little handfull at times!
I have lost and gained the same stone after having Stan by being to tired and lazy to cook proper meals and snacking on rubbish or getting takeaways. I feel better already after only being back on the wagon for 3 days, shows how much rubbish i was eating.
Im back to work 4 weeks today so i need to get myself organinised and back into my work trousers or i will be going on bottom half naked!!! :rolleyes:

Are you going back to work? How much baby weight did you put on?

Hi Hannah. You sound like you've got a great plan for the weekend... and sooo lucky having a butcher who does syn free sausages!
My weekends are usually well planned then I tend to sabotage them (usually with wine!)

Hope you enjoy your night out tomorrow - are you doing anything or just hitting the pub?x

We are meeting up with the girls after they have been to an Ann Summers party, we're going to a few pubs then probably a local club for some dancing :)

I haven't drank in a long time so its not drink that messes up my plans its normally takeaway food and chocolate that make me slip off track and i find it so hard to get back onto it when i've had a fall. I reaally need to have supplies in so that when the munchies hit i have something quick and sweet i can grab.

Anything nice planned for your weekend?

That sounds really fun.
I know what you mean about takeaways - when you're home late you just can't be bothered to cook so definately a good thing to have tasties in ready to go when you get home!
Nothing planned for me... going over to see my hubbys nan and sister on Saturday (hopefully she won't try and tempt me with wine - the sister that is!) then a bit of decorating on Sunday.
Going camping the weekend after and my Dad's picking us up on the Friday so want the house to look better than it did last time he was here in September hence the decorating! So I need easy meals on Sunday otherwise I'll use cooking as an excuse not to paint!

We're going camping that weekend too, we're off to Ilfracombe (SP) from friday till monday. Think it will be a challenge with my little boy, he's 11 months old and has just started crawling so i am spending my whole day chasing him about trying to keep him safe, so doing that whilst in a tent will be fun!?!

Good luck with the decorating, its probably one of my least fav things to do. Where are you going camping?

Hi Hannah, I was already overweight when I fell pregnant - won't bore you with details but we were told 7 years ago we couldn't have any more children (we have a daughter age 10.5) then suddenly last xmas i discovered i was pregnant, didn't gain an ounce during pregnancy was so poorly in and out of hospital, and literally gained 1stone 8lbs since, I have decided I want to lose 5 stone, but your body changes after children and what I was happy with 9 years ago may not be right for me now.

I am really good at cooking dinners my problem is I can't be bothered to make myself breakfast and lunch - I see to the kids and then graze all day and think oh I've been really good today missed lunch (yeah right!) but my big danger time is 9pm onwards once OH and kids are tucked up in bed but hand on heart I haven't cheated once, but I was feeling like I could dip my hand in the biscuit barrel so I came on here to get over the feeling!

Is Stan crawling? Noah is driving me nuts, he just is on the go and up to mischief all day long, bless him!

We're going camping that weekend too, we're off to Ilfracombe (SP) from friday till monday. Think it will be a challenge with my little boy, he's 11 months old and has just started crawling so i am spending my whole day chasing him about trying to keep him safe, so doing that whilst in a tent will be fun!?!

Good luck with the decorating, its probably one of my least fav things to do. Where are you going camping?

I'm sure you'll have a fab time! Funnily enough I'm going to Ilfracombe for a week in August (never been before) - we've rented a huge house there to celebrate hubby's nans 80th birthday - there will be about 14 of his family staying there!

I'm camping in the grounds of Caldicot Castle in Monmouth - it's a VW camper festival so not quite your normal camping trip!

You'll have an amazing time, just fingers crossed for the weather :fingerscrossed:

Back