Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

awww Hannah hope you and your dad will be ok....know what you mean though!!!! xx

Hi Hannah,

sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Im sure your father is just worried about you. I know its difficult from them to take a step back. You are still young and will find what you are looking for. You have proven that you are stayer, you may need to take something on which will carry you until you find the job which is perfect for you. Keep your chin up, keep posting you know we are all here for you.

Sending you a hug.
Nutty x

Thank you Tracy and Nutty.
Am feeling much better now after feeling low at the start of today, spoke to my dad and sorted a few things out so I know we will be fine :) Like Nutty said, he does just worry about me which I am grateful for, he just doesn't always show it in the best way!

But am not going to dwell on it any further, ce la vie and all that!
Today's eating has been good, am strangely enjoying being back on the packs! But I did torment myself a little by watching lots of Come Dine With Me and Jamie's 30 Minute Meals! Is strange as when I first started foundation I became OBSESSED with cooking shows, maybe it's a ketosis thing haha! But think it's easy for me as I know it's only until next week, then i'll be back on RTM.
Today I had a Vanilla shake, Veg Soup for lunch and dinner, then a toffee bar, all my old favourites :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Am looking forward to the weekend.
xxxx

Evening everybody!

Went to the Trafford Centre this afternoon to keep myself busy, as I find when i'm on the packs I find myself having lunch then sitting around trying to pass the time until I can have another pack for dinner! So need to keep busy. Going to the trafford centre probably wasn't the best idea as it is a) a sunday and b) NEARLY CHRISTMAS! The place was rather busy, but I was on a mission! To find a winter coat and a dress for two of my friends 21st birthday parties which are coming up in December. I failed on the coat front, and tried on lots of dresses but am still looking. But took some sneaky pics so thought i'd show you some of the dresses!
DSC02636.JPG

DSC02651.JPG

The black one was my favourite, so might buy it online...can't go wrong with a LBD! Still can't believe everything I was trying on was a size 10 or 12...will take a while to get used to as I always find myself looking at the clothes and thinking 'that'll never fit' and amazed everytime it does.
Also got some gorgeous smelling bath bombs from Lush so am going to treat myself to a lovely bubbly bath before watching the X factor.

Foodwise today i've had:
Breakfast: Hot Vanilla Shake
Lunch: Vegetable Soup
+ BUCKETS of black coffee!!!
then will have Veg soup in a bit for dinner, then have a toffee bar for later :)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend
xxxxx

You look amazing!! Well done with your journey so far xx

Thank you lovely, just had a look at your sidebar and my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw that you have lost 123ib, you are amazing! So inspirational! Well done you :)
xxxxx

the dresses are lovely hannah, love them both but black one i prefer!
you look fab honey , enjoy your lovely bath xx

Aww thank you chick!

I do tend to ramble on here about my personal life more than I probably should, but think it's better to get it out of my system by writing stuff down instead of comfort eating. It's mostly worked so far!

Completely agree about being able to buy cheaper clothes, H&M is my best friend!
xx

Thank you Tracy!
I agree with the black one, and I can get away with wearing it for two parties as the green one is a bit more 'memorable'...if that's the right word? Can make the black one look different with different accessories :)

P.s Get you ms size 12!! I'm really happy for you, it feels great doesn't it!
xxxx

thanks Hannah i actually cant quite believe it......cant really put into words exactly how im feeling right now :) xx

Hi Hannah, wow you look fantastic. x

Thank you for all your lovely comments!
I ordered the black dress this morning :) Am very happy as in the shop it was £65, but found it on Asos.com for £60 and with student discount got it for £48, I love a bargain! Have lots of christmas parties coming up so it'll earn its keep, haha!

Am counting down the days until thursday as can't wait to be able to eat again, am finding it easy to stick to the packs, am just missing the taste of food. And also week 8 is carbs week, so am looking forward to making healthy pasta bakes, and curries. Am not sure how my body will react to carbs but have to re-introduce them at some point so it'll be fun to see!

This time round LOADS of my hair is falling out. I'm actually shocked by how much I seem to be losing. If i run my fingers through my hair so much comes out, it's quite upsetting. Maybe I put my body into shock mode by going back to the packs, but hopefully when I start eating again it'll settle down. Is strange as in foundation I was pretty lucky as it was one of the side effects I seemed to avoid.

Maybe its a mixture of stress and lighter life? Who knows! On that note, I applied for the most perfect job last night! So have my fingers crossed that I hear back soon, it would be as an events office assistant at a conference centre in Manchester, which would be great for me as a)its events which is what I want to do and b) they need someone until April 2011, which would suit me to the ground as I have to go back to Uni and am hopefully going to do some traveling this summer :)

I have everything crossed that I get it, wish me luck!
xxxxxxx

Good luck Hannah, I said your perfect job would come up. Fingers and toes crossed for you babes XX

Hannah, my llc said that hair loss can happen when you significantly change your diet and is most common when you start RTM. She says it's the new healthier hair pushing out old dormant hair ( you shed less hair on abstinence). The new hair should be thicker and healthier than the old hair so hang in there. I am worried about it too as my hair is something I've always liked whatever size I am. I shed a lot of hair after both my pregnancies though, which is a similar thing, and it all grew back despite me panicking at one point that it was getting really thin.

Btw both dresses were fabulous! Really pleased for you re the dress and the job application!!

hannah fingers crossed for you on the job, really hope you get it!
not good to hear about your hair.......my hair has definitely got thinner and I do lose more than normal...im just praying when i mive over to RTM i dont lose too much its really worrying me, trying not too worry though as i know that wont help xx

Thank you all for your good luck wishes regarding the job, but sadly it's obviously not meant to be!

After sending off my application I didn't hear anything back, phoned them today and they said they'd 'have a look for it' and phone me back. 3 hours later still nothing so I phoned them again, got told the same thing again. A guy then phoned me back saying that if I had been successful I would have heard back within 12 hours...

Am really gutted as I was so excited about it and had a really good gut feeling that things were looking up. But ce la vie, will just have to keep looking.
:wave_cry:

Oh don't worry Hun. That just means something better awaits around the corner.
Sending you hugs xx

I've been meaning to post this since Thursday and kept running out of time!

But at my weigh in on Thursday I lost 7 ibs!
Meaning I have achieved my final goal and lost
5 stone!
or 71ibs to be precise!

Lighter Life for me has really been a journey, full of both ups and downs (as chronicled in both my blogs!) Reaching my goal makes me look back to when I first started back in June, and I am amazed at what i've achieved. Even little things like the fact that it was my birthday in the first few weeks of LL and I completely abstained, and getting through all the drama at my old job.
I would love to say that losing the weight has made my life perfect (before LL I used to always say 'if i lost weight...') but the boyfriend of my dreams has yet to show up on my doorstop and I haven't won the lottery. But I do feel ready to take control of my life and make things happen for me.
I still find myself reaching for sizes 16/18 in shops, and when I look in the mirror I don't see what others see but it'll take a while for my head to catch up with my body!
But this is not the end, I still have 4 weeks of RTM and then a lifetime of management, it's great knowing that this year i'll have to find a new years resolution as for the first time in 1000 years it wont' be 'lose weight'!

Hope everyone is doing well
xxxxxx

Hi Hannah, massive congratulations to you....wow what youve acheived is amazing, you should feel so very proud of yourself! regarding the man of your dreams, dont rush it......your still so young and that will happen honey.
Im so happy for you well done you! xx

Back