Harcombe Diet - Started 15/1/13

Awww well done that is brilliant to lose another pound! my last day on phase 1 woohooo x

So now officially onto Phase 2!! I weighed myself this morning just to check starting early wont cause any gain and I was down another pound, so I'm pretty buzzin!

It feels so relaxing to not have to think about having third of my plate superfree, and measuring bread and milk - instead I'm just choosing not to have it!

I feel like I've really got my head round this, and I'm excited to be eating and not counting and measuring and thinking about food all day long!

Well done! Yeah I'm finding the diet quite liberating am so enjoying the food without the stress of counting and weighing and really notice that I actually feel full and last longer between meals. Altho not as much today but think that's because I've been out and about and had a few more carb options than I would normally maybe. Am glad that you're enjoying it too x

Sunday 20th Jan

Onion and pepper and cheese 3 egg omelette (fat)
Lentil soup (carb)
Low fat cottage cheese (neutral)
Roast chicken, swede, broccoli, tomato and peppers. 30g grana pedano (fat)

Sunday 20th Jan

Onion and pepper and cheese 3 egg omelette (fat)
Lentil soup (carb)
Low fat cottage cheese (neutral)
Roast chicken, swede, broccoli, tomato and peppers. 30g grana pedano (fat)

Lovely food x I had scrambled eggs with asparagus for breakfast, tuna steak with carrots broccoli and cauliflower for lunch and then a snack later of nly and cocoa made with milk. Dinner was chicken and bacon with onions peppers and tomatoes. Gorgeous and so quick and easy x

Uh oh...made a mistake today...bought some 85% chocolate today - ate the lot, and then some rocky bars!

I wont be making that mistake again. I didn't even really like it, my binge urge just took over!

Anyway, apart from that, I've been off work with the kids due to the snow - which is totally boring! One of them loves the snow - the other hates it!

B: bacon and onion 2 egg omelette
S: Live yoghurt and strawberries
L: chicken, bacon and cheese salad
D: Pork, swede, broccoli and green beans

Onwards and upwards...

I think I'll go back to a few days phase 1

:break_diet:

Uh oh...made a mistake today...bought some 85% chocolate today - ate the lot, and then some rocky bars!

I wont be making that mistake again. I didn't even really like it, my binge urge just took over!

Anyway, apart from that, I've been off work with the kids due to the snow - which is totally boring! One of them loves the snow - the other hates it!

B: bacon and onion 2 egg omelette
S: Live yoghurt and strawberries
L: chicken, bacon and cheese salad
D: Pork, swede, broccoli and green beans

Onwards and upwards...

I think I'll go back to a few days phase 1

:break_diet:

Definitely no chocolate for a while then! It's funny we all have a binge urge today, it's probably the weather making us want to eat up to store because of how cold it is if you think back to primal times. Our bodies don't know that we have heating and asda lol. Otherwise food is good, are you sure the berries never started your sweet tooth? X

Well you did the right thing and got back on track which is amazing well done :) you could have continued throughout the day but you turned it around so it's all good! Today is my day 6 and I'm kind of scared to go on phase 2?! I've been eating phase 1 foods so far today but I might try some 90% dark choc tonight (I bought the Lindt one which had way way less sugar than other brands) I had some cravings earlier on for biscuits and tea yummmmy but at the same time I didn't know if it was just habbit or I really wanted it if that makes sense? Like I knew no way that I was going to do it, but I was just like god I'd like some biscuits right now but I can't so no point worrying about it! Do you know if dark choc is a fat or carb food?x x

Well you did the right thing and got back on track which is amazing well done :) you could have continued throughout the day but you turned it around so it's all good! Today is my day 6 and I'm kind of scared to go on phase 2?! I've been eating phase 1 foods so far today but I might try some 90% dark choc tonight (I bought the Lindt one which had way way less sugar than other brands) I had some cravings earlier on for biscuits and tea yummmmy but at the same time I didn't know if it was just habbit or I really wanted it if that makes sense? Like I knew no way that I was going to do it, but I was just like god I'd like some biscuits right now but I can't so no point worrying about it! Do you know if dark choc is a fat or carb food?x x

Sorry I should have said well done for getting back on track too. That'll teach me for posting and cooking at same time lol

I think choc is a mix of both Hun x

It might have been the berries...or the dark chocolate...or I had some milk in my decaff coffee today...or the weather...or the rubbish day I've had. I think its more than likely the fact that i thought I'd be 'OK' around chocolate. I think my downfall is thinking I'm allowed to have the odd treat, I think that means every other meal lol. It has only been a week since i started the diet really, so I shouldn't be trying to run yet!

Whatever it was, I've learned from it and can now hopefully move on!

Well done for resisting the biscuits Lucie - Jeez I LOVE biscuits!!

It might have been the berries...or the dark chocolate...or I had some milk in my decaff coffee today...or the weather...or the rubbish day I've had. I think its more than likely the fact that i thought I'd be 'OK' around chocolate. I think my downfall is thinking I'm allowed to have the odd treat, I think that means every other meal lol. It has only been a week since i started the diet really, so I shouldn't be trying to run yet!

Whatever it was, I've learned from it and can now hopefully move on!

Well done for resisting the biscuits Lucie - Jeez I LOVE biscuits!!

It's hard to learn when we so desperately crave the balance isn't it. ATM I've had a little choc but only on days where I've had wine and that's been on nights out or special occasions. Altho id love a glass of wine now but try and leave 5 days Inbetween make sure all out of my system and so not just craving ingredients x

Well, I decided to test myself with a p2 day and it went well. I'm back to work which probably helped too.

B shredded wheat and skimmed milk
L beef ratatouille
S live yoghurt
D chicken, bacon and cheese salad

ive felt bloated and had indigestion today, most likely due to yesterday, so I've drank loads to flush all the baddies out!! Might weigh myself tomorrow. Xx

Well, I decided to test myself with a p2 day and it went well. I'm back to work which probably helped too.

B shredded wheat and skimmed milk
L beef ratatouille
S live yoghurt
D chicken, bacon and cheese salad

ive felt bloated and had indigestion today, most likely due to yesterday, so I've drank loads to flush all the baddies out!! Might weigh myself tomorrow. Xx

Keep an eye on when the bloating was that it wasn't a reaction to the wheat maybe. Your food sounds lovely though x

Ooo lovely, I bet it feels like a right treat! Do you go for red wine?

I'm not that keen, but I suppose with dinner its ok - its just not knocking back on a night out wine haha

Ooo lovely, I bet it feels like a right treat! Do you go for red wine?

I'm not that keen, but I suppose with dinner its ok - its just not knocking back on a night out wine haha

No I'm not keen on red just white! Don't have a glass often but fancied it tonight! Hey I manage to knock it back alright. Funny how my tastes adjusting to it too on this plan x

Back