Harcombe Diet - Started 15/1/13

Hi, hows everyone doing?

I'm well and truly fed up with the snow now! Its really getting on my nerves, everything is so much more difficult in the snow...mainly getting the kids to and from school, getting to the shops and getting to work!

My other half uses the car for work, so I'm always on foot - which is fine by me normally - but getting out and about in the snow, with two kids who hate the cold, is stressing me out!!

So much so, that I had another bad food day yesterday, so thats Monday and Wednesday this week that have been naughty!

On that basis, I went back to phase 1 today, and I'm sticking there for a while, maybe introducing an extra food per week, or every 5 days or something. I've got a bit of a 'trigger' list, of foods that I reckon are tempting me, so I will def be avoiding them.

I obviously cant completely blame the snow and my bad mood on my eating, and I'm really sad and annoyed, I just need to be more careful and stop letting myself down!

boo hoo!

Don't beat yourself up Charlotte you are doing great! you still ate much healthier in the last week and a half than you would have if you didn't start the plan at all so you need to remember how well you have done seriously :) x

Exactly Lucielou! That is one of the things that I think are so good about this - the fact that you are actually eating healthily anyway (at least for the majority of the time!) and how it makes us all aware of what we are actually eating! There is absolutely no point in beating yourself up when you slip up as it really isn't the end of the world :)

Hi, hows everyone doing?

I'm well and truly fed up with the snow now! Its really getting on my nerves, everything is so much more difficult in the snow...mainly getting the kids to and from school, getting to the shops and getting to work!

My other half uses the car for work, so I'm always on foot - which is fine by me normally - but getting out and about in the snow, with two kids who hate the cold, is stressing me out!!

So much so, that I had another bad food day yesterday, so thats Monday and Wednesday this week that have been naughty!

On that basis, I went back to phase 1 today, and I'm sticking there for a while, maybe introducing an extra food per week, or every 5 days or something. I've got a bit of a 'trigger' list, of foods that I reckon are tempting me, so I will def be avoiding them.

I obviously cant completely blame the snow and my bad mood on my eating, and I'm really sad and annoyed, I just need to be more careful and stop letting myself down!

boo hoo!

The snow is a pain. We have more forecast today too Altho have some rain coming tomorrow I believe. Well done for going back to p1 and for recognising what foods are setting you off. That's half the battle I think. I'm cutting back too, think I have a cheese intolerance maybe. Time will tell x hold your head high and carry on, it's a journey that we will learn from x

So I've just completed day two of phase 1 (again). I'm craving chocolate and biscuits, but I'm just ignoring the cravings because I know I can manage phase 1 easy-peasy (thats what I keep telling myself).

This time round though, I'm just going to keep at phase 1 for a while, but when the five days are up, stick to phase 1 foods, but separate the fats and carbs. Then I'll slowly introduce one at a time foods, just to keep my cravings in check.

Hows everyone else doing? you lot all seem to be going great guns! Well done ladies!! xx

So I've just completed day two of phase 1 (again). I'm craving chocolate and biscuits, but I'm just ignoring the cravings because I know I can manage phase 1 easy-peasy (thats what I keep telling myself).

This time round though, I'm just going to keep at phase 1 for a while, but when the five days are up, stick to phase 1 foods, but separate the fats and carbs. Then I'll slowly introduce one at a time foods, just to keep my cravings in check.

Hows everyone else doing? you lot all seem to be going great guns! Well done ladies!! xx

Well done getting back on track! :) it'll all be worth it in the end :D x

Perfect plan! Slow and steady x am doing ok. Sat whilst my friends had a McDonald's earlier and wasn't in the slightest bothered :) do think I may have a cheese intolerance tho. Cutting it out for a week see if symptoms get better x keep going x

Yes, I'm still on track - thanks! Feeling better, and not rushing it this time! To be fair, the phase 1 foods are filling enough, and I'm not going thru caffeine withdrawal this time!!

Well done on the maccies! Fab news!

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm doing!

I've got a trip to London to slim for anyway...I'm hoping to be at least 9 stone 3 (9 stone if possible - then my old clothes will defo fit me again) by then. Its 3 weeks away!

I've got a trip to London to slim for anyway...I'm hoping to be at least 9 stone 3 (9 stone if possible - then my old clothes will defo fit me again) by then. Its 3 weeks away!

Fingers crossed for you then!! Are you doing anythin special? Yeah I enjoy phase one foods only really added a little dairy here and there or different breakfast have puffed rice or wheat. Oh have had pitta too but that's about it. Still steering clear of the fruit as dont want to start off my sweet tooth. X

Yes I agree about the fruit, I also had some cream which i think may have set me off the first time (the second time was probably due to not being over the cravings).

I think the dark choc is a bit dangerous for me too.

I dont miss milk, Ive even had the kallo rice cereal dry for breakfast, its quite a mouth work out getting through all that dry cereal, but its not too bad.

We're going for a night out....the thing is, I'm going out next saturday too! Bit nervous I might get back into my old ways!

That sounds like fun at least you have something to look forward to and motivate you :) I'm starting back at uni on Monday and the first week back after the hols are usually crazy for going out at night, so i will prob avoid it all because i don't feel ready yet to go out and trust myself to just drink water!! i'm going to a 21st next saturday though which i have to go so i'll be thinking of you when you are going out too lol ;) water water water ! x

Yes I agree about the fruit, I also had some cream which i think may have set me off the first time (the second time was probably due to not being over the cravings).

I think the dark choc is a bit dangerous for me too.

I dont miss milk, Ive even had the kallo rice cereal dry for breakfast, its quite a mouth work out getting through all that dry cereal, but its not too bad.

We're going for a night out....the thing is, I'm going out next saturday too! Bit nervous I might get back into my old ways!

You'll be fine if you're prepared. I had a curry for tea and left a portion to come home to so that I wasn't tempted by the takeaway and had a few squares of dark choc too then make sure you have something nice in for breakfast. You'll be fine :) x

I'm half way through day 4 now...just had brown rice, prawns and homemade spicy tomato and veg sauce. It was so nice (pat on my back). I love being able to use olive oil, although I'm still scared to use it all the time...I measure out a tablespoon when I use it.

I've got a big lump of pork for our dinner, which I'll have with swede, green beans and broccoli.

I noticed yesterday that without even thinking it, I've been eating the same as my hubs and kids...something I've never done on any other diet!

About the night out - its not the food I'm worried about, its the drinks! I dont want to stick to water. I know you shouldnt say 'you need a drink to have a good time' but its hardly fun being out and being sober!

I'm half way through day 4 now...just had brown rice, prawns and homemade spicy tomato and veg sauce. It was so nice (pat on my back). I love being able to use olive oil, although I'm still scared to use it all the time...I measure out a tablespoon when I use it.

I've got a big lump of pork for our dinner, which I'll have with swede, green beans and broccoli.

I noticed yesterday that without even thinking it, I've been eating the same as my hubs and kids...something I've never done on any other diet!

About the night out - its not the food I'm worried about, its the drinks! I dont want to stick to water. I know you shouldnt say 'you need a drink to have a good time' but its hardly fun being out and being sober!

I know it's nice isn't it! I had roast chicken....... With gravy today!!! Do you know how long it's been since I had gravy lol. It is nice to eat the same as everyone else though isn't it :)

Why are you not drinking then? Go out and have fun enjoy a glass or three (believe me it will go to your head much quicker when you're low carb) and enjoy the night? I have said that I'm not putting another years social life on hold, you just end up resenting the plan. Follow phase 3 rules, don't cheat too much and don't cheat too often xxx

Oh I'll def be drinking!! I'm just not sure whats the best thing to go for...or should I just forget it and have me normal rose??

We had roast chicken yesterday too! I cooked it with the skin on (never been able to do that on a diet) although I don't actually eat the skin, it was nice to have the juicy meat underneath! Simple things eh!

How do you do the gravy?? onions and garlic in the meat juice?

I've just blown the dust off my Davina DVD! I exercised everyday last year (up until may) and everyday the year before. I got bikini ready for a big holiday, and then stuffed my face for two weeks while I was away! When I came back, I just never got back into the swing of things, although I kept up jogging, not that I'm amazing at it or anything, but I joined up to the B'ham half marathon which is in October, so I've got that to aim for.

Oh I'll def be drinking!! I'm just not sure whats the best thing to go for...or should I just forget it and have me normal rose??

We had roast chicken yesterday too! I cooked it with the skin on (never been able to do that on a diet) although I don't actually eat the skin, it was nice to have the juicy meat underneath! Simple things eh!

How do you do the gravy?? onions and garlic in the meat juice?

I've just blown the dust off my Davina DVD! I exercised everyday last year (up until may) and everyday the year before. I got bikini ready for a big holiday, and then stuffed my face for two weeks while I was away! When I came back, I just never got back into the swing of things, although I kept up jogging, not that I'm amazing at it or anything, but I joined up to the B'ham half marathon which is in October, so I've got that to aim for.

I did I stuck with wine and just enjoyed it. Yes that's how I made the gravy was nice, haven't had gravy in sooo long!! Are you in Bham then? I am too, Sutton. Good for you though getting the DVD out. Her workouts are meant to be awesome x

Yes, we live in Harborne. Small world!

Woo, finished day 5 of phase 1 (again lol).

So tomorrow is more or less going to be the same, except I wont mix C and F's. I think I'm going to add 30g of cheese and try that for the first few days, see how I get on.

I'm not missing milk, so I wont bother with that, and I am taking vitamin pills, but I'm just concerned I'm not getting enough calcium, although I am having live yoghurt, so I guess that should have enough calcium. I may have just talked myself out of having cheese...LOL!

I did a massive tesco order yesterday - mainly meat to be fair, but I ordered some rice pasta too to try out. Thought that would be better as its wheat free, just hope its not gross!

Yes, we live in Harborne. Small world!

Woo, finished day 5 of phase 1 (again lol).

So tomorrow is more or less going to be the same, except I wont mix C and F's. I think I'm going to add 30g of cheese and try that for the first few days, see how I get on.

I'm not missing milk, so I wont bother with that, and I am taking vitamin pills, but I'm just concerned I'm not getting enough calcium, although I am having live yoghurt, so I guess that should have enough calcium. I may have just talked myself out of having cheese...LOL!

I did a massive tesco order yesterday - mainly meat to be fair, but I ordered some rice pasta too to try out. Thought that would be better as its wheat free, just hope its not gross!

Let me know how it is I've not tried it yet. I think I'm ok with wheat tho, had a bowl of shredded wheat yesterday seemed to be ok. Time will tell. The trial and error thing drives me mad! Really am thinking about having that blood test done x well done for getting through p1 again! Try the cheese if you fancy some variety, we have to add other foods at some point x

I chickened out of the cheese! I had a bit extra porridge - 65g still made with water, then 2 oat cakes and homemade lentil soup for lunch, then beef stew n swede for dinner. So I've introduced lentils and potato, although there was only 2 little potatoes in the whole soup and I made loads.

Ive been ok, not felt like I'm craving anything. I'm just going to have omelette for breakfast tomorrow, then I might try the rice pasta for lunch cos I reckon it'll just be like eating brown rice, so that shouldn't upset my stomach or anything. Then I'll do something chickeny for dinner.

Where would u get the blood test?? The doctors? Xx

Back