Hard work getting the tablets?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by sarahb2, 17 February 2010 Social URL.

1. sarahb2

sarahb2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world at home
    I am a bit dishartened as gone off the rails a bit. I am strugling to get an appointment with gp when I can get time off work (nurse and ever changing shifts) and you cant get a repeat perscription with out seeing them . I understand why, however, this is making me ponder on when to take the tablets as I know I dont have enough untill I see gp. Has anybody else had this trouble?????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eric_Cartman

Eric_Cartman Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(12.29%)
    Diet:
    Lo fat/Lo cal/Xenical
    I haven't yet as I'm still on my first lot , but when the time comes I will make an appointment in plenty of time.
    If you are running out you could try skipping a pill now and again to make them last.

4. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    I'm pretty lucky to be honest, I can fit my appointments around work - and I usually make my next appointment when I'm with the nurse being weighed. That doesn't help if you're a shift worker though :(
    If you're gonna run out before your next appointment, I'd suggest taking them with the biggest/highest fat/calorie meal of your day (but within the Xenical rules obviously! :)).
    You can probably skip the breakfast tablet without it affecting things too much in the short term, and maybe the lunch-time one as well, if you really have to, although it isn't ideal.
    Hope you get it sorted soon Sarah x

5. Aaleigha

Aaleigha Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.21%)
    Diet:
    slimming world all the way
    I would try having fat free yog and fruit for breakfast - no fat in that so no point in taking the pill
    that could save you one a day and so you should be able to reach your appointment then next time make one for three weeks so you have a few pills in hand

6. sarahb2

sarahb2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world at home
    Thanks for the good ideas, just couldn't think at the time. I've not taken the tabs for a week or so but this made me cheat like mad. so starting again tomorrow , yet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES

UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    xenical & healthy eating
    try not to go too overboard on the cheating hun, we all cheat sometimes but dont cheat too much or u will just feel down and be too tough on urself, the others are right have something virtually no fat for breakfast and keep the tablets for ur bigger meals,

8. Lizzie Long Legs

Lizzie Long Legs Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.76%)
    Diet:
    Xenical with Healthy Eating
    I have the same prob this month. Surgery not able to see me before tabs run out....as it is with the nurse earliest appointment is next weds, 4 days out of tabs. They have agreed to give me the prescription as I booked the appointment for that day and they could see I had lost in the first month weighin. Prhaps have a chat with them when you next go in and see if they suggest anything different

9. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    just try sticking to the 5g rule and if you skip a pill a day it should be okay , always take a pill with your biggest meal though and try to keep up exercise x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.