Hard work getting the tablets?

sarahb2

I am a bit dishartened as gone off the rails a bit. I am strugling to get an appointment with gp when I can get time off work (nurse and ever changing shifts) and you cant get a repeat perscription with out seeing them . I understand why, however, this is making me ponder on when to take the tablets as I know I dont have enough untill I see gp. Has anybody else had this trouble?????

I haven't yet as I'm still on my first lot , but when the time comes I will make an appointment in plenty of time.
If you are running out you could try skipping a pill now and again to make them last.

I'm pretty lucky to be honest, I can fit my appointments around work - and I usually make my next appointment when I'm with the nurse being weighed. That doesn't help if you're a shift worker though :(
If you're gonna run out before your next appointment, I'd suggest taking them with the biggest/highest fat/calorie meal of your day (but within the Xenical rules obviously! :)).
You can probably skip the breakfast tablet without it affecting things too much in the short term, and maybe the lunch-time one as well, if you really have to, although it isn't ideal.
Hope you get it sorted soon Sarah x

I would try having fat free yog and fruit for breakfast - no fat in that so no point in taking the pill
that could save you one a day and so you should be able to reach your appointment then next time make one for three weeks so you have a few pills in hand

Thanks for the good ideas, just couldn't think at the time. I've not taken the tabs for a week or so but this made me cheat like mad. so starting again tomorrow , yet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try not to go too overboard on the cheating hun, we all cheat sometimes but dont cheat too much or u will just feel down and be too tough on urself, the others are right have something virtually no fat for breakfast and keep the tablets for ur bigger meals,

I have the same prob this month. Surgery not able to see me before tabs run out....as it is with the nurse earliest appointment is next weds, 4 days out of tabs. They have agreed to give me the prescription as I booked the appointment for that day and they could see I had lost in the first month weighin. Prhaps have a chat with them when you next go in and see if they suggest anything different

just try sticking to the 5g rule and if you skip a pill a day it should be okay , always take a pill with your biggest meal though and try to keep up exercise x

Back