Hardest thing about losing weight

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and having a good start to the weekend! I just wondered what, in your experience is the hardest or most difficult thing about weight loss. Before, during and after weight loss? Although you might still be in the before or during stage.
Looking forward to your experiences!
Neil.

Maintaining it lol

1) Finding the motivation to start.

2) Finding a plan that I can stick to, one that does not make me feel deprived and hungry all the time (diets like that make me very grumpy)... luckily, I think I have now found the right plan

3) Dealing with possible loose skin and never being able to truly love my body

4) Maintaining the loss...

For me it's the starting. I can always think of 101 different reasons to 'start tomorrow'.

X

WeightLossNeil said:
So keeping weight off seems to be a common difficulty, I see a pattern! What helped you do it? Was/is there a big secret?!

Well, if I ever manage it I'll gladly let you know, lol. Have lost and regained weight so many times in the last 30 years I have honestly lost count! But, this time may be different, who knows? I've lost 7.5 stone over 16 months, with another 2.5 to go, so I'll have to see what happens. ;)

My weight has been up and down for the past 10-12 years. I've managed to get to goal weight 2 times so far, both times I failed to maintain and I gained it all back, the 2nd of those time I gained it all back and an extra 2 and a half to 3 stone on top (making 220 ish my heaviest weight ever). The bigest reason I think I failed is because both diets were too drastic (VLCD) and I just binged like crazy once at goal... I had no maintenence plan set.

I so hope that the plan I am doing right now can get me to goal, if it does then I am confident I'll be able to maintain my goal weight with the same plan but obviously with a few tweaks.

Back