Has anybody had a weight loss freeze at around day 16???

Taff Lass

Hi all I was swimming along on my first 2 weeks of induction losing 16lbs in total but I weighed this morning just to see how I was doing and my weight is the same as it was Friday. Im still doing the induction bit because I was hoping the weight would carry on falling off but Im feeling a bit disappointed now. Is this normal??

Yup - very normal.

You've basically shocked your body into dropping lots of water and fat in the past two weeks, and now it has to work out what the heck is going on. The human body is built to resist change, otherwise in times past when our food supply was erratic, our weight would have been going up and down like a yo-yo. Your body needs a pause now to adjust to the new regime and work out what this "crisis" is - that's all.

I lost 14lbs in my first two weeks of Induction, then 0.5lbs the third week and 1.5lbs in the fourth, but don't be surprised if you lose nothing at all for a couple of weeks as you've lost so much in such a short time. You should start losing again thereafter but at a much slower pace - dramatic losses only really happen at the beginning.

Congrats on the 16lbs, btw - that's fantastic!:D

Yes - very normal week three or so - hang in there and it will keep gong;)

Fantastic loss!! Wow ... It will normalise and you'll experience a steady loss which wont be regular but it will be downward movement xx

Back