has anyone followed Cambridge after gallbladder removal

xxpiscesxx

Is determined this time..
Hi All, Hoping someone might have a bit of advice for me, had my gb removed in march, meeting consultant this thursday was going to ask for permission to follow the ss plan again, am curious to know if anyone was able to return to it before the post 3 months were up and how they are feeling ?
Thank you.

Hi Pisces, I'm not sure I'm going to be much help but i didn't want your post to go unanswered. I had my gall bladder removed 18 months ago and this is my first time on CD (week 2).

I had a bit of a dodgy tummy for the first week, but things are settling down now. TBH tho, I'm not sure that that wouldn't have happened anyway.

I think one f the problems of going on a VLCD is that gallstones can become a problem, but if you have had your's removed then you have removed that potential complication from the equation.

C x

Hi and thank you so much for your answer, i really appreciate it ;)
I did ask the consultant he said they are no problem to follow but to wait 3 months , which i knew he would say. Just really wanted to get started straight away and was hoping there was someone on the site who restarted sooner and is still alive 2 tell the tale lol :D

I suspected that I woudn't be much help.

Actually, dieting was what caused my gall stones in the first place - I had gone on a strict diet (not CD) before my brother's wedding and lost a stone and a half quite quickly. The wedding was in Italy and we followed it up with a holiday so we could relax after the stressful build up to it. Well, the det relaxed and of course I was suddenly eating cheese and pizza and ice cream etc, etc and the night we got home we had a takeaway and my body just couldn't cope with the sudden increase in fats. 10 days later I found myself in hospital and a couple of months later had the op.

It is so nice knowing that the pain will never return!

Good luck for when you get onto CD.

C x

Back