Has anyone gone from CD/LL to Atkins? HELP

ChelleryPickle

Hello there,

I am doing the CD for 2 weeks, ending on the 28th of Feb. I am loving the feeling of being in ketosis and still have a good 2 stone to loose. I was considering going back to SW and doing red days but after reading a few posts on here I wonder if this is an option for me?

Has anyone done this? If so, please let me know and tell me how you have found it?

Cheers Chelle xxx

yes ........ i did and went into a deep purple ketosis ( urine ketostixs ) and felt so much better and fuller........ so jump ship asap ............ good luck x

yes ........ i did and went into a deep purple ketosis ( urine ketostixs ) and felt so much better and fuller........ so jump ship asap ............ good luck x

WOW!! Tell me more PLEASE?? I really know nothing about the atkins diet at all...apart from its all meat and No carbs? Can you give me a really quick guide to what your allowed to eat?? Im excited already! Is the weight loss good. what stage would I start at seeing as I am in kitosis right now?

Thanks soo much for replying x x

i 'm not the expert.... only 5 days in !!! hopefully you will be directed by the wise ones on here ! x

there is a sticky at top of forum that explains loads and is very helpful have a look but defo this diet is sooo much better than CD u can actually eat woo hoo! lol x

there is a sticky at top of forum that explains loads and is very helpful have a look but defo this diet is sooo much better than CD u can actually eat woo hoo! lol x

Cheers me dears!! Oh my, my mouth is watering!! I LOVE meat too!! I need more info NOW....wish I had the book to read now. Whats the best book to get as I have looked on ebay and there are sooo many additions x x x

Hi ya, I lost 5 stones on LL in 2009 but sadly last year I put all back on. I tried to do CD then LL and then my own version but I just wasn't in the right mind set. However, I did try again a few weeks ago and failed miserably because the old side affects outweighed the benefits; low blood pressure irritability, weakness and low moods. I then spent a week with my head in food trying to compensate. I then found this site, did a bit of reading and knew this was for me so I started last week. Due to the week off I did put a bit of weight on but because I have been on and off vLCDs for 13 months my whole body needs to settle into a routine of eating.

This plan is amazing and I have undertaken additional research into low carb WOE-ing and I am convinced that I have a negative response to carbs. My blood sugar dropped from 5.2 to 4.7 in one week. I mistakenly ate food with hidden carbs in and thrown me out of ketosis for a day. Never again, the low mood irritability and tiredness came back so no more of me. This WOE is sustainable for life, I can eat when I am hungry, no sugar cravings, and very interesting recipes to try. I am looking forward to exercising as with LL I could barely walk up the stairs without sounding like I was 90 (I am 35!!)

Good luck with whatever is right for you. This forum is amazing and the people are utterly fabulous in every way xx

As I have not got the book yet...pleasec could you just outline the main rules of atkins to me? Can you whenever you want? The amount? etc...please shine some light!! Well done for all you have achieved!! Sounds like Atkins is right up your street!! x x x

Compared to eating nothing but 3 waltery shakes a day this seems amazing!!! Almost too good to be true!!??

I have just looked on the website and it showed the range of bars and chocolate bars?? Now can you really have one when ever you want?? That thread is good but doesnt explain about how you eat, i.e 3 meals a day...no snacking etc...and more importantly, how the atkins chocolate bars come into it!!?? I am very close to starting this tomorrow and selling all my shakes back to my cdc consultant tomorrow!!! :) x x x

Okay, a little perspective.

Switching from CD (which I have also done before) to Atkins you will very likely gain weight in the first week. Hopefully not much but you need to be prepared for a gain, and possibly for spending the second week just losing that gain. Some people are luckier than others with this but it's best to be aware, you can't go from not eating to eating without your body taking a while to adjust.

You won't see the big first week loss many people on Atkins see - that cones from losing your body's water stores, which you've already done on Cambridge.

Once you're losing, expect to see losses between 1 and 3 pounds per week. Sometimes it may be more, sometimes less.

'Free' food that you can eat as much as you like of means basically meat and eggs.

Salad is restricted to 3 large handfuls of mostly green vegetables per day, and you need to count the carbs on these.

Count the carbs on everything but meat and eggs. You want to stay under 20 grams of carbs per day and 15 grams of this should cone from veg in the Atkins ideal. There are 4g carbs in one courgette, for example.

Unless you're on a later stage of the diet (slower weight loss) fruit is a no-no, as are higher carb veg like peas, carrots, tomato and corn. No bread, pasta, no rice or potato etc.

You can have cream and cheese, but not too much, and bear in mind done people don't lose weight if they eat even the allowed amount of cheese.

The Atkins bars are not free food - they can contain between 2 and 5g carbs. Some people are okay having one a day. Some people can't have any or they don't lose weight at all. Bars and the sugar free sweets you'll see mentioned contain sugar alcohols, which stall a lot of people.

Take a look at the sticky about cheating, which explains why even small high carb treats can be more harmful on this diet than a low calorie one. If you're the type to treat yourself for being good, it's not ideal.

For me it's a great diet and easier to stick to than Cambridge at this point in my life but it is a commitment and you probably will still feel deprived of some things, or get sick of eggs, etc etc. And the losses are slower than Cambridge.

I really don't suggest rushing into starting until you've read the book and got yourself prepared, or you might find your efforts thwarted by small mistakes early on.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go!

Okay, a little perspective.

Switching from CD (which I have also done before) to Atkins you will very likely gain weight in the first week. Hopefully not much but you need to be prepared for a gain, and possibly for spending the second week just losing that gain. Some people are luckier than others with this but it's best to be aware, you can't go from not eating to eating without your body taking a while to adjust.

You won't see the big first week loss many people on Atkins see - that cones from losing your body's water stores, which you've already done on Cambridge.

Once you're losing, expect to see losses between 1 and 3 pounds per week. Sometimes it may be more, sometimes less.

'Free' food that you can eat as much as you like of means basically meat and eggs.

Salad is restricted to 3 large handfuls of mostly green vegetables per day, and you need to count the carbs on these.

Count the carbs on everything but meat and eggs. You want to stay under 20 grams of carbs per day and 15 grams of this should cone from veg in the Atkins ideal. There are 4g carbs in one courgette, for example.

Unless you're on a later stage of the diet (slower weight loss) fruit is a no-no, as are higher carb veg like peas, carrots, tomato and corn. No bread, pasta, no rice or potato etc.

You can have cream and cheese, but not too much, and bear in mind done people don't lose weight if they eat even the allowed amount of cheese.

The Atkins bars are not free food - they can contain between 2 and 5g carbs. Some people are okay having one a day. Some people can't have any or they don't lose weight at all. Bars and the sugar free sweets you'll see mentioned contain sugar alcohols, which stall a lot of people.

Take a look at the sticky about cheating, which explains why even small high carb treats can be more harmful on this diet than a low calorie one. If you're the type to treat yourself for being good, it's not ideal.

For me it's a great diet and easier to stick to than Cambridge at this point in my life but it is a commitment and you probably will still feel deprived of some things, or get sick of eggs, etc etc. And the losses are slower than Cambridge.

I really don't suggest rushing into starting until you've read the book and got yourself prepared, or you might find your efforts thwarted by small mistakes early on.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go!

Thankyou soooo much!! That was just what I needed. I sort of went into a sudden frenzy when I read that you can eat food and be in kitosis lol!!! I planned to stay on the CD until the 28th of Feb so I think i shall do that and buy the book for a read.

Thanks sooo much.

xxxx

No problem. I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer as I do think this is a great diet and lifestyle plan, but it's always best to be prepared and all researched up before you make a big change. And good luck with the rest of CD (I loved the shakes!!!).

Xxx

Hi and welcome, definately make the switch from CD to Atkins as soon as you can, I promise you will not be sorry! :D

Ive done CD a few years back and lost 3 stone however most of that is now back on :eek: (I just love food!). Atkins is a breeze to follow after SSing :eek: the food is fantastic, absolutely no feelings of deprivation and you dont have to become a recluse to follow this plan-LOL.

This is no ordinary diet and some foods that would be outlawed on other diets are allowed on Atkins-(butter, full fat mayo to name but a few). In order to fully appreciate the science and principles of Atkins I recommend you get the book ASAP.

Good luck x

Hi and welcome, definately make the switch from CD to Atkins as soon as you can, I promise you will not be sorry! :D

Ive done CD a few years back and lost 3 stone however most of that is now back on :eek: (I just love food!). Atkins is a breeze to follow after SSing :eek: the food is fantastic, absolutely no feelings of deprivation and you dont have to become a recluse to follow this plan-LOL.

This is no ordinary diet and some foods that would be outlawed on other diets are allowed on Atkins-(butter, full fat mayo to name but a few). In order to fully appreciate the science and principles of Atkins I recommend you get the book ASAP.

Good luck x

I want the book NOW lol. Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days. I ordered one off amazon. Its not the newest one, does that matter? If I was to start this tonight what would be the best things to buy??? Im sick to death of CD!!!

xxx

Please can some one fill me in on a basic shopping list..i.e what brand mayo/oil/butter etc?? Am wanting to start tonight for my tea :) x

All the info you need about starting Atkins whilst you are waiting for your book to arrive, is at the top of the Atkins page see "sticky".

Ive got the older version too, (its just as good), it gives you the science behind the diet to gain a better understanding of the principles. I recommend you read it from cover to cover and let it be your bible-lol!;) Hope it arrives asap x

All the info you need about starting Atkins whilst you are waiting for your book to arrive, is at the top of the Atkins page see "sticky".

Ive got the older version too, (its just as good), it gives you the science behind the diet to gain a better understanding of the principles. I recommend you read it from cover to cover and let it be your bible-lol!;) Hope it arrives asap x

Hey, well my book arrived woohoo!!!

I ordered the carb counter and recipe book too. I am just soo overwhelmed lol! Have not put them down all day lol.

I have officially joined Atkins this evening....have even told all my CD friends on their threads. I am being their guniea pig to see if they might like Atkins once they are at goal. I really hope this works out for me. Feels too good to be true right now lol!

Do you think i will get a big gain after a week of this?? x x

p.s Do you know if my spare CD shakes are ok to have on Atkins?? Its abit of a waste otherwise lol..

Sorry, they're full of sugar and not okay to have at all. You could do Cambridge add a meal with a low carb meal for a week to use them up before going on to Atkins? Otherwise store them away somewhere.

Glad your book arrived-YAY! I was just the same, could'nt put it down but its exciting when embarking on something new!

Dont worry about the possible gain in your first week because it will come off just as fast when you stick to the rules of induction.

I made the switch from VLCD to Atkins and my gain was minimal (2.5lbs) but that soon disappeared! As for your CD shakes sell them to your CD friends-LOL.

Keep us posted on your progress x

Back