Has Anyone Had A Problems With Their Cycle

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Nicola2006, 28 December 2006 Social URL.

1. Nicola2006

Nicola2006 Full Member

Hi Minimins

I am just starting my 4th Week and quite late for my TOM usually i am as regular as clockwork - Does anyone know if this is normal :confused: I'm just a bit worried because although we want a baby i want to lose all this weight first - Done a test yesterday and it was Neg so feel a little better - don't get me wrong if i am them wicked but i just want to be slim before i fall (hope this makes sense)

Sorry any guys reading this

All comments will be great

Nicola :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hi Nicola

Yes doing a VLCD can mess with your cycle. At one time I had a TOTM for over 46 days :eek: Can't remember the exact reason - will have a quick check and get back to you. Don't worry, just relax and stick with it.

x

4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Mine are messed up too ... arriving 'whenever' and taking forever to 'tail off'. It's a nuisance but as far as I'm aware not a major or long-lasting problem.

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I did speak to my Dr. Originally she thought it might be my pill, so we changed it but no difference. I now know when I get into SSing something weird is gonna happen with my cycle :rolleyes:`

6. Nicola2006

Nicola2006 Full Member

Phew!!!!!!

At Least I'm not alone

Cheers Ladies :)

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

You're never alone at Minimins!! ;)

8. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Yep, VLCD's do interfere with your cycle because of the hormones being disturbed....it does settle down though ..eventually.

9. georgiasmum

georgiasmum Regular Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    Oh yes and only for the better!!

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I knew someone would know the proper reason! :)

11. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    It does settle down- mine went all over the place with SS as did my PMT. I hadn't realised how heavy my period before I lost weight. Once I lost weight, it returned to being more regular and much lighter. Even my PMT is much better:)

12. JayneC

JayneC Member

Hello

I've been to see my doctor about this too. The first 3 months I was on Cambridge Diet, my periods all but stopped. But they then went crazy, lasting for ages and very heavy - I've just finished a 6 week long one! This has left me anaemic and needing iron supplements and tablets to reduce the bleeding. My doctor said it was my hormones causing the problems, and that it should settle down.

However, despite this, I still feel so much better overall than I did before. And it is all worth it when I look in the mirror and see myself 100 pounds lighter, wearing a size 12 instead of a 22!!

Good luck, it is all worth it in the end xxx

13. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Mine was two weeks late but did arrive eventually.......that was about 4 weeks ago today.......no sign so God only knows when it will be back (don't rush !! LOL)

x

Bettyboo

14. georgiasmum

georgiasmum Regular Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
  15. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    if anything mine was early but on and off for 3 days, then day due to start came and was a little heavier lasted usual amount of days, but not as bad as before and had no pain either. ...though i was still a moody cow beforehand ....lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.