has anyone noticed .....

I think you did right not pressing the cancel button. The whole idea of a forum is for people to have their say/voice their opinions. If people don't like what they're reading they can always click the little x at the top of the page. Everyone is entitled to their say, and yes words can be misconstrued in text, but at the end of the day aren't we all here to give help and support to one another on our s w journey. There will always be a group of people who tend to bond (clique) with each other, as they have similar stories/lifestyles, and if those people feel comfortable talking to each other good for them I say. Its nice to know there are people you can confide in/trust even if you have never met them in the flesh.

...:confused:

?? :confused:

It's comments like this that make us older members reluctant to post!

Written words are a funny thing. As soon as I saw clique, my heckles were up!!!

My final say on this matter ...
It is interesting that the word clique caused such a fuss when in actuality it has no derogative meaning as such and, as has already been said, some people do tend to stay with a within the zone of a few friends for various reasons which is entirely up to them.
However, the point I was trying to make which was overlooked, is that when posting on others diaries it is very hurtful to find that the comment that was made is completely ignored without so much as a cursory acknowledgement which, in my opinion, is very bad manners.
I hope that clarifies my post and we can move on.. thanks very much all.

bunnylovesalan said:
It don't help if you have been here a long time and people cover the same old ground IMO

True but also don't see many posts about syns in foods either which I love working out for people

kingleds said:
I really don't understand what she said that would make people not want to post.

Bunny - you're right but we do need to remember we were all newbies once as well! I know for a fact I failed utterly in my 1st week cos I didn't get the whole 1/3rd superfree thing so whilst I do sometimes sigh a bit when I see yet another 1/3rd superfree post i always try and remember that I was once a newbie too!

I always try to explain the superfree thing to New members that post because its hard to get your head round at first

It is very quiet on here lately i agree it used to be so busy with lots of info each day im a huge fan of this forum xxx

I got it!! Probably an age thing!!

Imagine how much worse for me Jay as the senior citizen on here lol !!!!

True but also don't see many posts about syns in foods either which I love working out for people

I will most definitley be on here to ask you when I need help as I am hopeless at working them out.

You might be sorry you posted that !!!!

cat yoyo greaves said:

They are all in the syns sub forum hun & there are a few in need of an answer in there at the mo :)

Just as a matter of interest..I think that title belongs to me... :D

You must be kidding !!!! I do not believe there is someone on here older than me.............oh goodie, I a off out with a spring in my step.............thanks Emmaline, whether it is true or not you have made an old lady very happy !!!

You must be kidding !!!! I do not believe there is someone on here older than me.............oh goodie, I a off out with a spring in my step.............thanks Emmaline, whether it is true or not you have made an old lady very happy !!!

So glad that made your day Sue... :) .. I think I am about 9 years older than you..lol! Can't you hear my bones creaking... :D

Sue - I can vouch for Emmaline being the oldest on here!!! Although you wouldn't know it from her words. She "sounds" a lot younger!!!!

Hi
Hi posted on here a little while ago but as I'm total newbie I didn't know how to find the threads I'd posted on oopsie.

well I've made 14 posts so far only 36 to go to get my full privileges.

How are you all doing? X

Hi Laurie and welcome to SW Off Topic........... you will soon have 50 posts if you enter into more threads.............there is loads to see and so, so much support,

hugs xxxx

Hi Laurie and welcome - good luck on your journey. I see your getting married next year, that's fab, you will be a new you on your special day.

Back