Has Anyone Read...

Here is the "bit" about the new dorothy koomson book

"Nova Kumalisi would do anything for her closest friend, Mal Wacken. She owes him her life. So, when he asked her to be the surrogate mother for him and his wife, in spite of her fears about how it would alter their friendship, Nova agreed. Eight years later, Nova is bringing up their son alone, and she and Mal don't speak. Months into the pregnancy, Mal's wife changed her mind about the surrogacy agreement. Already suspicious of how close Nova and Mal were, Stephanie realised her strained marriage was in serious trouble when she found a text from her husband to Nova, saying, 'Goodnight, Beautiful'. She asked Mal to cut all ties with his closest friend and unborn child. Now, seven-year-old Leo is critically ill and Nova, despite her anger and hurt, wants Mal to have the chance to know his son before it's too late. Will it take a tragedy to remind them how much they mean to each other?"

oh that sounds like my sort of book!!!

so we can have a little book club on here, if i make a little avatar, would you guys put it in your signature???

no but would be worth a look up...

anyone read Destinations by Sheila O'Flanagan - read it on holiday and couple of years ago and enjoyed that...

OH's mum has also left me The Island by Victoria Hislop (another Richard and Judy fav apparantly)

The Island is a beautiful, fantabulous book.. I loved it... so much so I MUST go to Crete to see where it was based... I was lent it and loved it so much so I bought a copy myself and will be readin it again this summer... :)

This is one of the others by here

"What would you do for the friend who broke your heart? Best friends Kamryn Matika and Adele Brannon thought nothing could come between them - until Adele did the unthinkable and slept with Kamryn's fiance, Nate. Worse still, she got pregnant and had his child. When Kamryn discovered the truth about their betrayal she vowed never to see any of them again. Two years later, Kamryn receives a letter from Adele asking her to visit her in hospital. Adele is dying and begs Kamryn to adopt her daughter, Tegan. With a great job and a hectic social life, the last thing Kamryn needs is a five year old to disrupt things. Especially not one who reminds her of Nate. But with no one else to take care of Tegan and Adele fading fast, does she have any other choice? So begins a difficult journey that leads Kamryn towards forgiveness, love, responsibility and, ultimately, a better understanding of herself."

Yeah I would put it in my signature!

if you want an amazing book, and a bit of a tear jerker too, read the book thief. it is amazing, beautifully written and heartbreaking in a totally profound way. i must read it again when i get the chance!!

abz xx

if i've made an avatar for our sigs any idea how i upload them?

No idea hun sorry

8551-albums195-picture1159.jpg

what you think of that...

if you want it in your sig, right click and go to properties, then on file location highlight it and paste in the insert image tool on edit sig

I am all set

should i do a new thread for what each of us is gonna read this week?

i know i need to finish the lovely bones this week... and are we gonna review each of our books next wednesday???

ooh. i would absolutely LOVE to do this. not sure i'm going to be able to buy the books though. are we going to choose a book each week like a 'proper' book club? that way we'll read things we otherwise wouldn't... i might just have to sit out sometimes if i'm skint...

abz xx

well i think we can all either read the same book or do a different book each... like your reading IT

then we could review what we have read on a wednesday... i'm just using my library chuck cos i'm skint too

get the pic in your sig abz x

I dont mind either way, we could read the books we wanna read and then advise others of what we thought and recommendations!!! Or we could choose a book and then all read it, either way I am happy.

ok starting new thread for this week hunnys... xx

i hope this is gonna work guys...

like i say we will review our books on a wednesday evening (if everyone is ok with that evening)

if you can't post on the wednesday you can always add to the allocated post the next day

I liked the Lovely Bones

Also try and get hold of "Is there anybody out there?"by MARIAN KEYES. I Loved it.

oooh oooh I want in!!! :D so exciting!! any idea what the first book might be gooligan?!

Maybebaby those descriptions sound great! Will have to check those out :)

Back