Has anyone suffered or suffering with Gallstones?

Hi Everyone!

After visiting my doctor she advised to get some bloods and a scan done! Anyway, the blood results came back the next day and my doctor called me to say that there was something seriously wrong with my liver and that I would be scanned the next day. The outcome is I have GALLSTONES!!!!!! I was so relieved the doctor really thought it was something VERY serious!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have they decided what they're going to do about them?
I have them but manage to control them through diet.

Hi Liz!

They would like to remove my Gallbladder! I know Gallstones is serious but the way my doctor was talking about my blood test results I was completely terrified as to what the scan might find!! I was delighted that it was Gallstones definitely the lesser of all the evils.

hey hun, omg when i was reading that i was like omg your liver! the doctor shouldnt have scared you like that hun :hug99: any ideas on when you will get gallbladder out ?

Good Luck with it all. I'm really glad it's nothing too serious. :)

sorry hun, nothing to add but my sympathy.
i had gallstones, attacks happened even when i tried to cut out fatty foods.
I never found anything to take the pain away, but a hot bath helped for a bit of relief.
the surgery itself isnt bad, ive just got 4 little scars from keyhole, and i was up and about after a few days. You will feel so much better.
good luck

hey hun, omg when i was reading that i was like omg your liver! the doctor shouldnt have scared you like that hun :hug99: any ideas on when you will get gallbladder out ?

Fingers crossed within the next 2 weeks?!

I was absolutely TERRIFIED!! Thank you all so very much for your kind posts!

XXXXXXX

Oh you are lucky, I have heard people waiting up to 2 years.

My mum and I had to go private as we could not wait that long, unfortunately many people are not so lucky. I do not know how they wait so long.

Good luck with getting it sorted, it will be worth it!

Im glad you are getting sorted hun, you will be much better after the op.xxx

Back