Has anyone used Maintenance instead of TFR for weightloss?

Lynn8124

Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone here had been advised to use maintenance for weightloss rather than TFR due to medical problems?

My local chemist wanted me to come off Metformin for diabetes and my GP refused to let me. So it was decided I could do maintenance and still take my meds.

I know losses wouldn't be as big as on TFR and I may not enter ketosis but there's bound to be some loss with less calories.

lyn i htink def u will lose weight and you could still go into kettosis if your one meal is low carb ie fish and salad,meat and salad or protein with vegs, omlettes etc.good luck keep me posted.michelle.x

Hi Michelle, thanks for the encouragement, I need it lol. I have spent the last couple hours reading the messages and making some goals for myself, keeping in mind how proud I will feel when I achieve them.:)

Congrats on your loss, nearly halfway there!

lynn i love your pic,,im doing TFR for about 3 weeks then moving onto maintenance and still hope to lose weight,,you will definately lose weight on it,,just a bit slower,,

my pharmacist said to only do the TFR for a few days and move onto one small meal but I refused and said I want to do it 'totally' for at least a week, maybe 2 or 3 even, and just see how it goes. He thought as I did not have as much to lose, it would be easier for me but I was motivated by everyones successes here so I am doing the TFR. So if my pharmacist says i would still lose weight, then so will you!!!
Stay positive
byeeeeeeeee
x

There was a girl at my chemist who was doing the maintence diet and loosing 2/3llbs per week and did really well on it.....I needed the TFR as I didnt think I had the willpower.....

There's a guy at my chemist who is doing maintenance and losing a lot of weight. I wish I had started off on maintenance and cut down to TMR later. I would say try it (if your doctor approves of course). I'm sure you would have a good weight loss.

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking though, if a choc whip has roughly 34g carbs and a bowl porridge has 45g, I think I'd be better off with the porridge and it's more filling. Then again I can't be trusted around food! If I only had the meat and veg in freezer for my evening meal, would I be more disciplined?:rolleyes:

I will see how I get on until I can get an appt at the 'healthy weight centre' which is basically rooms the pharmacy has rented to sell LT products, giving clients privacy etc.

Not sure what you mean by choc whip. Do you mean a choc shake? Because I don't think they have 35g carb, they have about 15g per serving. Plus they contain vitamins etc, and are designed to be a meal replacement, which a bowl of porridge isn't.
I think you need to make the decision whether you want to try LT, and so avoid food as much as possible, or devise your own low-carb, or low calorie diet, if you can't bear to deprive yourself of food. If you are diabetic, I should imagine you have to be really careful about this and do it with your doctor.

It just comes down to what suits you best, there's no magic formula about any one diet. Good luck with what you decide, but your health must come first. :)

Back