Has it stopped working?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by purplepants, 3 February 2010 Social URL.

1. purplepants

purplepants Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.2lb(6.94%)
    Hello!!

I'm now on day 8 of my total meal replacement plan using Avidlite MRP products.

I lost 3 pounds the first day, 2 pounds the second day and 1 pound on the 3rd day and since then I have not lost anything. That's 5 days with no loss :confused::confused::confused:

I've stuck to the plan perfectly. My water intake wasn't great on days 5 and 6, but it's now back where it should be.

What am I doing wrong??? I'm on the verge of giving up :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    You're weighing yourself too often.

Weight fluctuates due to all sorts of things, hormones, amount of erm "waste" in the bowel, water retention, muscle/fat ratio, and that's just off the top of my head.

Set youself a single date/time each week to weigh in and even if you look at the scales inbetween only take note of your weight on your proper weigh-in.

You will still see an overall downward trend week on week if you do it like that.

Way I see it you have lost 6lbs in a week, that's great. :) if you go another 2-3 weeks without losing then you would be justified in worrying.............

4. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    Ditto. Step away from the scales!! My weight can fluctuate 5-6lbs a DAY depending on what I eat/drink/exercise!
    If you really can't stop weighing yourself, take a note of your weights & work out the average each day. Plot this on a chart and you'll see the line going rapidly down.
    6lbs in a WEEK!!! Err...hello, thats AMAZING!!!!!:eek::D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.