Has Porridge appeared yet?

Picked some up today and it's gorgeous, will def become a staple!

Emma xXx

Hi everyone. I went and picked up some porridge today. Its ok but I think its a bit too sweet. Seems I'm in the minority here.
I made it with the amount of water they recommended put it in the microwavem but it was very lumpy so I ended up blending it!

Well my LLC wasn't there this week (he had told us that he wasn't going to be there at the pervious meeting, but I forgot lol) so no porridge available, though TBH I totally forgot about it anyway so unless he had specifically mentioned it I wouldn't have remembered to ask for it :p

maybe next week.

Nice colgate smile in your latest signature pic, pete!

Apparently LL mucked up the order and our LLC hasn't got any porridge yet. Sob!

And next week I can't attend the meeting (and possibly week after too) so it looks like I won't be getting porridge for quite a while!

Oooo that is numnum!!! Deffo on for breakfast now. Will have to shufty the others around a bit and see what I can put up with.

Ooo one more thing I made it in the microwave last night and I loved it but I did it in a pan this morning and it was even better, totally different texture soooo creamy absolutely gorgeous!

Emma xXx

I liked the lumpy bits. :eek::eek:

I can see it could be good ceramic cement though so stratght into the wash with the bowls!!!!

There's still lumpy bits when done in a pan it just tastes more 'milky'.

xXx

Damnit, I want some porridge! You're all teasing me now... !

And Pete your latest picture cracks me up. :D It's so CHEESY!

I love the porridge too!! It's nice and sweet and I love the lumps actually feels as though your having a propper breakfast!!

It's quite sustaining too I've found. Can go a lot longer before feeling a bit ditzy.

Mmmm, my LLC had it in this week and gave us a small taster. It's lovely though a little sweet for my taste! Either way it'll be awesome to have a more 'proper' breakfast back, been missing it loads!

Oh my god!! You are all insane!! Ha!

I think that the porridge is the most vile thing I've ever tasted (bar the caramel shake...oh, and the chocolate one!)!!! It's got that similar taste to the chocolate shake, a kind of metallic after taste and the only way I can describe it is like eating batter before it's cooked. It's floury and tastes to me like I imagine wallpaper paste to taste - that's the texture too - with salt and a little sugar added!

I couldn't finish it because it was just horrible! Thank god they only had two packs left tonight instead of the seven I was going to order.

You mad, mad lot!

i thought the same as you but before i cook it i blend it then zap it in the micro

LOL! Well porridge isn't for everyone. :) You don't have to like it.. I mean some people live off Chocolate shakes the *whole* way through, and some people don't like them at all... Comes down to personal taste, and texture preference.

:D

Personally I hate those chewy bars? They're so manky. :|

M, tried making the chewy bars into biscuits? cut them into small pieces (about 8), shove in microwave for about 45secs (careful not to burn!). They taste completely different and I really like them like that.

M, tried making the chewy bars into biscuits? cut them into small pieces (about 8), shove in microwave for about 45secs (careful not to burn!). They taste completely different and I really like them like that.

*looks at you funny* Which flavour? I'll buy one next week and will try your biscuit idea.

o_O

Oh my god!! You are all insane!! Ha!

I think that the porridge is the most vile thing I've ever tasted (bar the caramel shake...oh, and the chocolate one!)!!! It's got that similar taste to the chocolate shake, a kind of metallic after taste and the only way I can describe it is like eating batter before it's cooked. It's floury and tastes to me like I imagine wallpaper paste to taste - that's the texture too - with salt and a little sugar added!

I couldn't finish it because it was just horrible! Thank god they only had two packs left tonight instead of the seven I was going to order.

You mad, mad lot!

I hear you about the floury taste, but I still like it much sweeter than I was expecting it to be.

She's right about the chewy bars I hate them until they're cooked am starting to like the lemon one frozen too xXx

not thought of freezing them - will have a go at that.

im hoping my LLC has the porridge in tonight, can't wait to try it
daisy x

Back