Has Porridge appeared yet?

Lol! Minerva, it's true, any of the chewy flavours are nice like that! But lemon possibly the nicest.

I'm going to try freezing it now though! What does that make it like?

It's just got a fresher more lemony flavour and lasts a lot longer too x

I only had 2 porridge packs left, so I used one with a choc pack and sadly put too much water in. (from thursday I'll probably have nothing but porridge most days as I'm so sick of all the others).

I will experiment tomorrow with 1 porridge and half a choc pack and much less water - I'm sure I can make it proper choc porridge.

Then next week I'll do 1.75 porridge and 0.25 choc, as I think that'll work (I normally have 2 porridge at the same time with 100mls of water)

On a different forum; someone warned:

DO NOT HAVE MORE THAN TWO PORRIDGES PER DAY!

Someone was having 3 porridge packs and a bar, and in the end, had to call LighterLife, who through some tedious arguments admitted that you should not have more than two because of the increased carb. values... or some much.
So, all good things in moderation, have 1 porridge pack a day. Let's not make the same mistake.

:)

Erm, anyone noticed a change in their, urm, no 2s???

Not yet but is it by any chance helping things along? (she says hoping)

Emma xXx

Ooooooo yeah. Well it's the only thing I've changed in the diet. If it works for you to, you'll need airfreshener.:eek:

I started eating them on Sunday by the way. Only one a day though.

Ooo here's hoping then! lol

Omg I get excited about some odd things since starting this!

Emma xXx

It's not odd, it's vitally important!!! :D:D:D

I really hope it will help me too then :( I'm having some awful trouble with the (number two's) even though I eat a fair amount of fibre in veggies and such ...

:cry:

Picked up porridge last night (2 packs) and tried for the first time this morning. Must say it's not bad, a little sweeter than I would like but a pleasant change, and quite filling (despite minute portion size).

Did resemble a volcano in the microwave though so ended up eating more off the microwave base than out of the bowl!

:D:D:D I only heat mine for 40 seconds not the minute.

It's erm, still working. :eek: Is it only me?? Perhaps I should lay off for a bit. I haven't needed the Dulcolax this week anyway which must be a good thing and I know I'm going to be lucky if I lose anything this week too.

hi it's definitely working for me too! it's quite good in some ways as i was worried if i hadn't been for a few days - now it's regular - at least once a day!

Not had that effect on me yet grrr I think I'm immune, my body's on strike :p

Emma xXx

Another porridge tip here, I just made it up exactly the same as normal 140mls water in a pan etc etc and added about a 1/4 of a pack of vanilla and it's sooo thick. Suppose you could use any of the sweet shakes so may try choc next yum yum!

Emma xXx

I tried it with the choc and I don't like it.

I'm having the opposite problem with the dulcolax. I took 2 at 5pm yesterday and normally this timing works out well but when I woek up I still had no urge to go, so I took another. I eventually went late morning (thank goodness - but I may start taking 1 on a saturday and 2 on a wednesday).

Yeah the dulcolax has been like that for me lately too :(

I think the problem is that I'm using it every week - and you're not really supposed to but frankly, I'm not going at all and by wednesday, I'm feeling bloated and am at least a pound heavier lol

Another porridge tip here, I just made it up exactly the same as normal 140mls water in a pan etc etc and added about a 1/4 of a pack of vanilla and it's sooo thick. Suppose you could use any of the sweet shakes so may try choc next yum yum!

Emma xXx

YUM! Made the porridge have a lovely consistency. Thanks! :D Worked well with my microwave methods .. does it come out nicer if you do it on a pan? o_O?

I've just tried my first bowl of porridge. Well, actually I had two bowls! It was just sooooo yummy!

B x

Back