Have 6 stones to lose and ashamed

You r not kidding!!! Xx

Morning rachie
You sound like your doing really well. What sort of jobs are you going for? That sort of stress alone can give you excuses to turn but hat off to you for keeping it together.
I knocked myself out last night by having 2 disaronos and some giant choccy buttons. Enjoyed the drink but not the chocolate and it was all because of my ass of a husband, so i am still an emotional eater.
Not to worry your doing fab so keep it up!!
X

Hey Julz, thanks for the encouragement!!! To be fair I wouldn't have been able to resist the disarono. I love the stuff; my OH is under strict instruction not to open the 3 litre bottles I have. I drink it on the rocks and in bucket sized glasses....yummm...and the buttons well I am a total fan of cadbury's and live 7 miles away from their factory, so there you go...second weakness of many. Even though you have been kicked out of ketosis, I am sure it won't take you long to get back into it.

I have given myself 10 months to lose my weight and get to target and then I need to maintain. I can't see this as a diet as my emotional eating will flare up after I hit target and I will sitting here in 12 months with even more weight gained. I am really seeing as a way of medicating my emotional eating as I don't get the cravings I did with carbs and it is amazing how when I want to eat or in extremes 'shovel it in' the cheese, cream and meat don't appeal. I am also worried that I won't get a job offer because I am so overweight, even though it doesn't prevent me from doing my job.

I am looking for health and safety food hygiene consultancy positions as that is my forte. I have my company that provides the same consultancy but I have lost my self confidence and I don't believe in my own abilities. After this week, I amy try to have a go again at getting my business up and running...who know eck
xx

Aw Rachie,
You sound just like me.Its amazing how weight plays such a big part in our lives. To be honest I found if you wear good fitting clothes and make the most of your assets(mine was my waist and boobs, nothing else though)and have a good haircut you find that thats what people look at first and by the time the look at your weight they already have made their mind up about you. God that sounds so cheesy, but if you feel nice it will show in your face.
When I started my sales job I was over weight but got bigger in the first year and people did judge me, eg I approached a women in her shop to sell her cards, but she didnt even acknowledge me so I left, when I went back 1 year on I had lost 4 stone and she couldnt have been nicer and she bought and is quite a good customer of mine now. People are just strange.

I dont really crave any carbs i think its more boredom and carby foods are easiest to reach for.I felt peckish last night before bed and made myself a lettuce,mayo and corned beef fajita and it really hit the spot and takes no time to make and doesnt cost you many carbs.
At least you can write on here and get loads of help and motivation and your not made to feel like a failure.
Get back on the atkins bus whenever your ready, no-one will go without you.
x

Last edited:
Morning Jim, how are you today?

Quick questions, when you were on your journey of weight loss, did you ever feel that the journey was too long? If so, how did you keep yourself on the path? xx

Hmmm, no not really Rachie, I was losing weight and was happy to see those couple of pounds gone most weeks, that kept me on track, that and the shock of how much I could put on with a binge. I had so much to lose I knew it was going to be a long journey really. I didn't put it on overnight so I couldn't expect it to go overnight.

Yes I think I will do what you did and remind myself how much I can put on in a binge and stick to my 10 month goal. At least I will be healthy by Christmas xx

Back