Have 9-10 weeks

Targaryen

Hello everyone. :wave_cry: I have been invited to go on a holiday in 10 weeks with soom friends. :D
I'll be meeting some people I haven't seen in ages and don't want to see the "Oh my God what happened to you?" look. :(

I don't think I'll go if I still feel the way I am now. Hopefully I can change that over the next 9-10 weeks. :)

I have been reading up on LL, CD and W8. I can't afford LL. So it's a choice between CD and W8. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on which tastes better and which provides the best results (or if they are the same). The counsellor isn't important for me but I'll use one if there is one in my area. I am a man so any input from any men will be good too.

I weight about 15st 7lbs, which considering I am only 5ft 10" is a lot. How much can I realistically expect to lose given 9 weeks on each? Is 3 stone a realistic goal?

These are a lot of questions, I am excited about getting this weight off. :cool:

I'll add the holiday is for 2 days lol. I'll go back on whatever plan I am on when I get back so I can reach my goal weight. This holiday is huge motivation for me, I don't want to miss it. :cry:

Thanks

Targaryen

I haven't tried CD but would highly recommend W8, I've only been on it a week but find it so liberating as you can eat if you want but don't have to! Sure you can make a big difference in 10 weeks before your hols, go for it!

On W8 they say 3-4 stone in 12 weeks so that's a big difference! Good luck with whatever you decide anyway. J.

Last edited:
Being a man , on CD you will need 4 packs a day , allso you weight loss will be faster than a womans , i guess in the first 2-3 weeks you will notice a stone off , have you ever gone VLCD before ?

Have you got a cdc or know of one in your area ? unsure where you from , but you will get allot of help here .
I am sure the holiday will keep you on track , meeting up with others you ahve not seen since you were 12 stone maybe , have a look a peoples tickers ok and seew hat they did in that time . CD the flavours i think which are best in shakes are strawberry , fruits of the forest , toffee and walnut , and chocolate , they do bars but say to keep off them for the first two weeks as it slows weight loss , allso there is ready made tetra briks , two flavours so far , but ment to be bring out another soon

You guys sharing a time machine? I want a go :cry: lol
Thanks for the very fast replies and the info :D

I haven't been on a VLCD before. I was on Atkins for 6 weeks ages ago. I hated it. :(

I live in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. There is a counsellor here for CD and W8. :)

Are the meetings compulsory on CD? It was what I disliked when reading up on LL.

your cdc will inform your doctor your on CD , just write to him you will be have height weight done and do your order then go , its the new rules of CD that your doctors told , think could be about 36 pounds up to 40 as 4 packs a day

The first meeting, is that with my counsellor or a group meeting?
your cdc will inform your doctor your on CD , just write to him you will be have height weight done and do your order then go , its the new rules of CD that your doctors told , think could be about 36 pounds up to 40 as 4 packs a day
I am glad they tell my doctor, I won't have to explain it to him. :D

Do I need him to sign a form like LL? Will I get my packs from my counsellor of will I order from the site and they'll be delivered? Also do you think I should start with SS? SS+ is the same just with 200ml skimmed milk? Thanks for answering these questions.

Right , if you do ss only the doctor will be informed , if its ss + he or she won't , youw ill sign a form but its cos you are doing ss i think and you get a copy allso . you pick up the packs that day , he or she will tell you all about the diet and i think then you will say which way you will go , ss or ss+ , as its hard going ss but i think if the mind is strong and you want to show people you can do it , i'm sure its going to be a breeze

Right , if you do ss only the doctor will be informed , if its ss + he or she won't , youw ill sign a form but its cos you are doing ss i think and you get a copy allso . you pick up the packs that day , he or she will tell you all about the diet and i think then you will say which way you will go , ss or ss+ , as its hard going ss but i think if the mind is strong and you want to show people you can do it , i'm sure its going to be a breeze

Thanks, last two questions. How do I join. Do I just contact my local consellor and let her take it from there?
Is the 'Stage 1 Preparing to diet' very important or is it just to prevent carb withdrawal symptoms?

yes just phone her up and she will say when to come , think it will take 30 mins plus , but if medical probs i'm unsure if you will be able to start as long as your ok then i can't see a prob I would say to drop the carbs as then its not so painful with the head ache

Most people find it starts on day 2 of the diet its when you start burning fat , can last for 2 days dull headache some people don't get it , most do

In your mind now , can you see yourself SS or Ss+ ? some people Do SS+ then drop to SS if they want to up the weight loss . But yeah give your CDC a call , even if you don't drop carbs now its ok to start CD its only really for your ownself so its not such a shock when starting SS .

I am going to ring or email her this afternoon and see what she says. I am not too worried about the head aches. I had them on atkins for weeks so I'll be okay. I'll stop all chocolate and sweets now. I'll be going on SS if she says I can. I have no health problems apart from the weight.

Thanks so much both of you. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

+ rep to you both

Yes , keep us posted how your doing , i'm sure it will all be fine , you will knock em dead in 10 weeks time and others too ! just read there about you had a head ache on atkins allot , did you drink much on that diet on this its 4 pints a day or more

I didn't drink enough water on Atkins. I have stopped all pop and drink only water now. I actually like water now. :)

to rep people see the icion next to the green dot thats the one to rep someone on , its like a 4 leaf clover lol
I repped you already. I just like to say +rep, it's a habit I got from other forums lol

If you don't drink the 4 pints and a bit more you will have head aches plus cramp too in the legs more so morning time , They do a water flavouring few flavours summer berry and orange .

Back