Have been told I have to stop

Oh that's a real shame, but it's not for long, you'll soon be back with avengance I'm sure :) Just watch what you eat over the next week or so, keep your carb intake down and keep drinking the water and you'll soon get back easily into ketosis.

All the best, let us know how you get on

hmm sausages, bacon, lots of chicken i supect i might even throw in some vegetables for good measure.

Me.

Hi Me,

Leave out the sausages as they are high in carbs and fat.

Drink diluted cranberry juice as it helps flush out the infection.

It is excellent and you will get better much sooner.

BBC - Health - Ask the doctor - Cystitis and cranberry juice

Hope your feeling better soon.

Do a food diary and we can help encourage and support you until your back in form again.

Love Mini xxx

Ahh hun so gutted youve got to stop what about trying 790 or following food plans out of yellow book ????

whatever you do dont be a stranger xxxxx

This is probably no good to you now anyway, but I got a UTI when I did LL a while back, and it was only in week 2.

I went to doc, got antibiotics, and stayed on LL.

According to doc the reason that I got it in first place was cos I wasn't drinking enough water to dilute the uric acid. He recommended that I stop LL because uric acid is a by product of diet, but I said no, so he told me that I needed to drink loads more water to avoid it happening again. I drank loads more, and it never happened again (on that diet anyway, have had it since after a night on the wine!!).

I cant remember where the uric acid was (he did say bladder or kidney, can't remember now) but that was the advice.

But if your CDC tells you to stop, you probably better do what s/he says!

Hve just been shopping brought some weight watchers type meals that i can nuke in the micro at work i also brought plenty of chicken and some veg, its only for a week so sure i will manage, more determined than ever now to get back in weeks time, as to staying on here i wouldnt think of going away as some eone else has posted else where its a good distraction from bad food.

Me.

thats a shame me!!! booooooo!! flippin urine infection beast is evil though!!

enjoy your sensible eating....just gear yourself up for starting again!!! come ooooooooon!!!:D

Awwww bless ya.....It's a shame you've been advised to stop:sigh: . I was on different types of antibiotics for a 7 weeks (i was doing LL at the time), it wasn't until i'd been on them for just over 3 weeks my doctor advised me to come off LL for a short period to allow my body to recover from the infection that just would not go. When i returned i switched to CD....

Keep posting....But please eat sensible (i'm sure you will), you don't want to undo the good work you've done so far.

Good luck babe, hope you're feeling better soon :hug99: xxxx

I think BEFORE you stop anything you should either phone CDHQ yourself to verify, or get your CDC to do so.

There is a thread on here called DOCTORS, started by a GP. Maybe you could find the poster and ask her opinion.

It would be an awful shame to just stop IF, and its only an IF -- your CDC has not got information correct.

Humans will fall foul of nasty germs and infections and for the life of me I can see how that is going to effect the diet.

Please get absolute proof of this before you jack it xx

Get well soon!

Hi Meneither,

Hope you soon feel much better. I am wondering if the UTI has taken root becuase you haven't been drinking enough water? When you restart CD try increasing your comsumption by a litre or so and see if this works.

Also, if you really want to help your system to recover quickly then get some cranberry capsules from holland and barrett. They are stronger than the juice and will work quicker.

Stay off the fizzy pops and things too as these will irritate the bladder (something you don't need as it's already irritated from the cystitis).

Also, if you have a bath then don't use any thing like perfumed bubble bath - baby bath is fine - they can also irritate :(

As I said, hope you soon feel better. UTI's are horrible and make you feel really ill :(

Ewwww I am allergic to Trimethoprim......I felt like I had flu and got a rash......not good.

Back