Have I ruined my liver casserole?

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Hey all!
I decided to try the slow cooked liver and bacon casserole. As I want to soak my liver overnight I couldn't fry it then so left it until this morning.

I've just realised that in my rush this morning I forgot to fry it off first!

Is it going to be horrible do you reckon??

I never fry my liver before making a casserole -then again I never soak it either :p and its always scrummy.. so you should be fine,,,

Hooray! It's pigs liver, that's why I soaked it!
I'm crossing my fingers!!

Thanks!

This thread was at the top of the threads list so was visible from the front page of the forum but the title had been shortened to "Have I ruined my liver"

I came in here going "WHAT THE HELL SORT OF WEEKEND HAS SHE HAD??!!!??!?!?!"

:D

Definitely going to do this this week. Is pork or lambs liver better than the other? - I've never cooked liver in the slow cooker. Thanks, Marian x

For me always lambs liver of beef liver. Pork liver tends to be stronger and does benifit from soaking.
My mother used to soak pigs liver in milk and then give the milk to the cats. Mum enjoyed the liver, the cats enjoyed the milk. !

I only ever eat OX/cow liver(and have never soaked it)... I don't even like the "posh" calves stuff... and Im all excited as today I saw some ox liver (its not easy to get here as pig is the main meat) -so now I have 3 packs in the freezer :p -Im easily pleased aren't I :D .....
Im planning on doing mine in a home made yorkshire pud :drool: -ooohh with nobbie greens (brussels) nomnomnom

Definitely going to do this this week. Is pork or lambs liver better than the other? - I've never cooked liver in the slow cooker. Thanks, Marian x
... and we did - heavenly :angel09: now marked as a favourite - thanks for sharing x

Back