Have satrted my Paul Mckenna weight loss journal !!

Come on Roch, we are missing you, hows it going?

Good Morning Roch
How are you getting on now? I hope you are doing well and getting stuck into those packs!
I have really struggled the last few days and have been jumping on and off the wagon, but now I'm determind to get stuck into SS and get myself sorted out once and for all!
We can go on our SS journey together!
I know we can do this Roch. We deserve to be slim and we WILL be slim!
Come on Roch, keep posting to us, we are willing you on! You will succeed!
Slimdom is just around the corner, be strong! You can do it!
hugs

Morning ladies, well hows u !!
I am seriously annoyed,pi-sed off,upset and feel that i am a failure.
Did day 1 was feeling a bit crappy and as well as the normal hungry symptons was feeling dizzy but ignored it.
Yesterday afternoon had an appointment with my GP as she wanted to follow up on a whole load of blood tests i had and she retook my bloods and pricked my finger and tested for diabetes and was very worried when my blood sugars read 3.2,have had this prob b4 when i was pregnant but i am not pregnant now so she was very worried.
She said that was a very low reading and is worried that i am now diabetic,and sent me up to the hospital yesterday for some more tests.
She has told me that for the momment i cant sole source at all and have to follow a very strict diet which she has given me a diabetic diet sheet.
I feel gutted,upset and annoyed as i dont think i can cope on a normal diet as food is such an issue for me,it is my best friend and my enemy.
I am worried especially as i was sick last week and ended up at the hopital when i collapsed, but then what do i expect i weigh 27 stone,dont know why i think that i wont catch up with me eventually.
Have decided to go for the momment to slimming world and get weighed each week but just follow the diabetic diet sheet which is just a very low gi diet as i have to do something,i feel like i dont know which way 2 turn and know that i only have myself to blame for any health probs i have.
Chat later and thanks

Hey Roch

try not to feel too down. You are upset because you had made your mind up to do something and now feel that option has been taken away. It hasn't really, you are just swopping one healthy regime for another. Come on, you can do this, it will be nice for me to have you doing something other than CD as sometimes I feel a bit of a lonely old calorie counter!
The minute that weight starts dropping, you will feel better, promise. Try not to lose heart all your good reasons for doing this are there and so is your determination.

Big hugs

I am totally with Barb with this.

My hubby was diagnosed with diabetes just before xmas and has lost over 6 inches off his waist from doing nothing other than what he should be doing.

Don't get me wrong his diet isn't even close to perfect but every change he makes - he takes on something new every week - is a step in the right direction.

Your head is still in the right place to really acheive and if you need to follow another plan in order to get that success then that's what you have to do.

I know you have the stregnth to do this and I aprreciate that having been 100% commited to ssing that this is going to take some getting your head around but you will get there. :)

hear hear chebs,
Roch, I'm sending you very positive thoughts and if slimming world is the way forward for you then embrace it.

No one thinks any less because you cant do a vlcd, we just thing the best of you because you want to help yourself.

Good luck and keep posting, all posts are an inspiration x

Hey ladies,well just wanted to come on quickly and say thanks 2 all of u for all the messages and support 2day.
The doctor said that i def have POCS and serious water retention which will only be eased by losing weight,and if i am not diabetic now that i am def border line diabetic but should have the results by early next week plus have to go for some other tests.
I am not giving up on vlcd as the doc said if i am diabetic and once i get meds sorted and blood sugar is ok i can go back onto vlcd with them keeping a close eye on me as my doc is very pro vlcd.
Thursday is my first day at slimming world, and even if i only lose 4 pounds per week then i will be happy it is still a stone a month, and i did lose 5 stone b4 on slimming world in 16 weeks, so fingers crossed, am not looking forward to takng the water tablets as they are strong and for the first 4/5 days they send me to the loo at least 15 times a day LOL.

No matter what by the end of this year i am going to be lighter,hopefully a stone per month, which i know is very possible for someone as heavy as me, which will still be 5 stone by christmas,for the moment i will be content with that.
I had some good news today,5 yrs ago i got a new washer/dryer and took out an extended warranty, well i have had every part in the machine changed, the repair man said u use my machine 2 much he said that washing 2 loads a day is over excessive, and his family of 4 only use around 6 loads a week, so i am only a family of 2 why do i use my machine so much,i dread to think how long they wear the same clothes for LOL.
On friday i sent an email to the insurers complaining and today i got a letter back saying that they were replacing the machine and will arrive on sat, so i am well chuffed.

Anyway had quite an emotional day, feel shattered so off for an early night,got loads to do tomorrow as Aaron is travelling to Kenya with his school next week 2 do voluntary work for 2 weeks,so got loads of ironong and labelling to do.
Thanks again,u all have made me feel more positive.
Sleep well, chat 2morrow xxxx

Hello Roch
I just wanted to say well done for keeping your chin up! I'm really proud of you!
Good luck with your weight loss and I hope your feeling better soon.
Hugs

Roch darling,
Don't see not SSing as failure, more just having to go with the flow and do what's best health wise at the moment, eh?

I know you might not want me to point out a positive in this news for you so tell me to bog off if you like BUT..you have talked about being a recluse and feeling like you can't go out of the house in some of your posts. WELL, going to Slimming World this week IS getting out of the house(positive), IS meeting new people(positive) and IS doing something proactive about your weight(positive)....OUT OF THE HOUSE....did you realise this honey?...xxx

Good on you Roch - SW is supposed to be very effective, a friend of mine has recently lost 6.5 stone on it and says that she likes it because she can still eat real food, she just has to think about what she's having rather than eating everything in sight! She is just about at target now and says it has become such a habit to avoid the high cal stuff that now she doesn't find it too tricky at all. Good luck with it, I know you can do it!

Hi Roch!

Glad to see you back on here and so positive - I don't post very often myself these days - never seem to find the time... I just wanted to say that SW is a v good plan to follow but if you've got PCOS (which I have) - it will be better for you to stick to the red days as too many carbs are not good for someone with PCOS (there is a medical reason but I'm not too sure what it is - to do with insulin levels or something:eek: :eek: ). I found myself when I did SW that by doing red days I had a greater loss. I'm sure you will find it good to do and fingers crossed you'll be able to get started on CD once your results are through.

BTW - I have 3 kids and my washing machine is on at least 2 - 3 times daily so dread to think what the state of the washing machine man's clothes are like.....yuuuk...LOL:eek:

Take care and stay strong.
Love

Morning Cheb, isis,tpott,isobel,mich and barb,thanks for such lovely messages this morning it really cheered me up and has helped me feel more positve.

Mich u r totally right about sticking to protein more than carbs with POCS and the reason is because of being insulin resistant so when we eat high gi carbs they turn to sugar and fat faster with people with POCS.I have to follow my gp`s disbetic diet sheet which is basically a low gi diet.
I am going to give this a fair shot and see how i do, like i said i have lost 5 stone in a very short 16 weeks by doing a low gi diet b4 so i am going to give it my best shot.xxx

Thanks Barb,am going to give it my best and try,i just have 2 stay positive and stay off the high gi carbs.
Have a nice day hun and thanks xxx

Isis hun u r right,its not easy for me to go out but am taking it step by step and also going back to finish my IT course in september as they have saved my place for me.
Isis hun i would never tell u to bog off,u r right 100%, take care babe and have a good day xxxx

Morning Isobel, thanks hun i am trying to be positive but am also nervous about the test results,have got away with health problems up to 18 months ago but now they seem to be rolling in fast and furious !! xxx

Thanks Tracey ur messages are always so caring, its amazing how much support everyone is showing me,thanks xx

Morming cheb.how u doing hun, just looked at your weight tracker only 18 lbs to go its just round the corner for u,keep up the good work u r nearly there, have a good day xx

Well decided to take off my tracker as the amount of weight i have to lose over 220 lbs seems so imposible so instead decided just to put each week my weight loss instead.
I have started to listen to the Paul Mckenna weight loss cd`s and am doing the weight loss journal so i think this will all help me in my journey.
Take care and hope u all have a good day xx

Hi Roch

Good luck with your first meeting tomorrow, I'm sure you will be made very welcome. Are you going alone or have you managed to drag a mate along for moral support?

If you're on your own, just remember that we're all behind you, willing you on and would be there in person to cheer you along if we could be.

Hey Roch, Hows it going? I hope you are having a good day, I really feel that once you have got a few good days behind you the healthy habits will kick in and it will be less of a slog. That's how it is for me anyway! Take care, love

Hi roch
Just wanted to pop in and see how your getting on! Good luck with the low GI diet, I'm sure you will be going great guns on it !
Ive had a bad few days but climbing back on the CD wagon yet again today! Lets hope this is the last time I have to do it LOL.
Have a fantastic weekend and remember we are all here for you. Post to us soon
Hugs

Where are you Roch?????

Hi, have read an update here, how are things going for you?

Sorry - mis spelt Roch, can't figure how to change that bit!! Ooops!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back