Have you ever put someone off joining Minimins?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Starlight, 7 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im wondering if its just me?

Loads of people now are commenting on my weight & are quite surprised Im not going to classes. Id started saying that I was doing it myself with the help of a weight loss forum, but then people started asking 'Oh which one' and commenting it sounded a great idea.

I got very evasive and non commital. I dont want my colleagues from work coming on here and reading my diary & seeing a lot of my posts! Is that really selfish? Should I be helping them regardless??

Dont get me wrong I actively encouraged my best pal to join & my closest friend has the URL of my diary and he reads it regularly. I just dont feel comfortable having my colleagues and acquantances coming on here and seeing me 'laid bare' so to speak.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    i dont think so at all.. i searchd my email address is google.. (cos im sad like that).. and it was linked to the DH and here.. so i got rid of my email on both.. lol.. i guess i write here.. and i dont need that part of my life reading my thoughts.. if you get me?

i dont think its bad at all.. they're two sections of your life.. and they're different.. you know..

x x

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    hehe.. now why didnt i think of that.. lol..

x x

6. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Totally agree.....you need to be able to really express yourself on here...and having work colleagues viewing your intimate feeling around food and diet - isnt on! Feel the same as you guys......

7. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I would be the same if asked, I'd just say 'forgot the name, sorry!'
    i mean if they found you then chances are very high they want to lose weight too, so that is fair enough, but I think you could do without thinking that everypost you make is going to be spied on in effect.
    i know this is public, but it's kind of secret at the same time I think.

8. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I understand where you are coming from. My workmates and my boss know I go on meets with people from off the t'interweb but I value my privacy too much to let anyone I know I'm on here! You are all friends separate to my other friends!

9. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I think you are entitled to your privacy.

10. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

:eek:My bf is starting cd today, i hope he doesnt decide to sign up to minimins, its my sanctuary! He knows about it though!:eek:

11. Busymumof3

Busymumof3 Member

I am new here and need this to be anonymous - i have tried so many times to diet i just dont want people judging me.
    The beauty of the web is it can be so anonymous yet friendly and personal - if you get what i mean!! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.