having a TERRIBLE diet day

clairefatface

hi lovely ladies,
I strted sf last wednesday, and have been good (really strict):p but i weighed myself today (not supposed to weigh til friday, i swapped to be part of the group weigh in thing)...but i couldnt help taking a mid-week sneaky peek...i only lost 1lb :cry:felt GUTTED:(..and consequently i have the worst day ever for eating. Packet of crisps, mini marsbar(81kcal), 5 minieggs, 1 chicken nugget and handful of DS chips (from macd's) and a small bottle of lucozade - 296kcal!! and I have arranged to go out for chinese with my pal tonight - somehow i imagine that wont be 600cals.....whenever i am sad, or things dont go my way i turn to food...but now i just feel bloated, uncomfortable, guilty and worse than before.....please help me ladies...i can not afford to fail at this diet!
thank you :break_diet:

you know what we are all going to say DONT GET ON THE SCALES UNTIL WEIGH DAY !!!!, just draw a line under and start afresh. You lost a lb mid week but weight fluctuates daily so you may have lost more by WI.

Dont beat yourself up about it that will NOT help. Try and learn from it and remember this feeling so next time you feel like binging you will decide not to.

I think everyone has those days when they think sh1t I want to eat anything and everything ( I know I do !!) so you are perfectly normal.

Enjoy your chinese and start afresh tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheer up Claire.

Maybe dinner with your pal is what you need and just go for the healthier options like boiled rice, chicken in blackbean sauce, steamed veges or beef in oyster sauce.

Just avoid battered or crisspy or sweet and sour or anything fried. Drink water or diet drinks or juice and stay away from alcohol!

Plus tomorrow is another day! The mid week weigh is always a killer and can be quite disheartening although we all fall for it at some stage - I used to be a daily weigher!! Dont get too upset and just start again tomorrow and maybe add an extra bit of exercise in to make up for the bad day!

Oh and stay off the scales until weigh day

We cant be diet angels all the time :angeldevil:

poor you, i think we've all been there. i started off weighing everyday wanting to see the weight coming off but when it doesn;t happen like you was so disappointed i ate everything in sight :eatdrink023:so now just the once a week.

take today as the bad day, remember those flavours and tastes, now leave them alone :copon:! lol

get straight back on it tomorrow and just put it down to experience and put the scales out of sight until wi day. take care and heres lots of hugs to show we are all here for you x:gen126: :gen126: :gen126:

wk 1 - 10 lbs:worthy:
wk 2 - 2 lbs:)
wk 3 sts:hmm:
wk 4 + 3 lbs:copon:
wk 5 - 7 lbs:greenapple:
wk 6 + 2 lbs:7834:
wk 7 - 6 lbs :party0049:

THANK YOU lovely ladies for your advice and support. I have been quite good at the chinese buffet, and the natter with my pal made me feel better (even though she is super skinny and lives on chinese and chocolate!)
Back on my delicious shakes tomorrow...
Thanks for the advice, I knew this morning I shouldnt get on the scales, but felt compeled...never again!

:8855: i never want to get on the scales early. Wanna know why? Because it makes me nervous! I actually get anxious about it. Then again, I get anxious over TV shows sometimes....I change the channel and everything.. not because it's scary.. usually just an embarrassing situation. Go figure. Anways Claire... just brush yourself off and start again. :)

LR

Oh Claire,

Don't worry. We've ALL been there. I think the great thing about this site is that you're sharing with people who are all in the same boat as you and sympathise. Unlike when I usually have a blip in my diet, confess to my friends, and they all go, "oh well, now you've given up, lets order a pizza" and end up completely giving up! When all you really need is someone to tell you to not worry about it, and pick yourself up and carry on.

I think the advise that everyone has given to you so far is really good. But you know that feeling when you're feeling really stubborn and think to yourself "I don't want to go for a walk, I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to eat steamed veg... all I want is a big fat pizza or tub of ice cream (or whatever your weakness is)". I think the best thing for times like this is something that you can do with with minimal effort that keeps your mind occupied and something that you can get really involved in so before you know it, that moment of weakness is over.

Recently, I started to learn to knit. I went to my local pound stretcher and bought a bunch of yarn, some knitting needles, went on line (video jug) and learnt how to knit. Nothing crazy. Just a little scarf. Now, when I'm sat at home, or on my lunch hour at work, when I'm about to grab a bar of chocolate, I grab my needles and do a few rows. It really makes me concentrate on what I'm doing and before I know it, I've been knitting for an hour!

It may sound like a really sad suggestion, but I think its a good idea to do something that you can concentrate on... Something to stop you thinking about food. Doesn't have to be knitting, for example, go and have a bath and concentrate on exfoliating your body, paint a funky pattern on your nails, reorganise your room, do your expenses, work out your weekly budget... Anything!

I hope this helps?

x

lmffao Alli, I can just picture you everytime you get an attack of the munchies reaching for the knitting needles....know what your family and friends will be getting this christmas!! lol.
But seriously its a brilliant suggestion, and I just need to learn to not obsess about food, find something else to do..thank you

Oh Claire,

Don't worry. We've ALL been there. I think the great thing about this site is that you're sharing with people who are all in the same boat as you and sympathise. Unlike when I usually have a blip in my diet, confess to my friends, and they all go, "oh well, now you've given up, lets order a pizza" and end up completely giving up! When all you really need is someone to tell you to not worry about it, and pick yourself up and carry on.

I think the advise that everyone has given to you so far is really good. But you know that feeling when you're feeling really stubborn and think to yourself "I don't want to go for a walk, I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to eat steamed veg... all I want is a big fat pizza or tub of ice cream (or whatever your weakness is)". I think the best thing for times like this is something that you can do with with minimal effort that keeps your mind occupied and something that you can get really involved in so before you know it, that moment of weakness is over.

Recently, I started to learn to knit. I went to my local pound stretcher and bought a bunch of yarn, some knitting needles, went on line (video jug) and learnt how to knit. Nothing crazy. Just a little scarf. Now, when I'm sat at home, or on my lunch hour at work, when I'm about to grab a bar of chocolate, I grab my needles and do a few rows. It really makes me concentrate on what I'm doing and before I know it, I've been knitting for an hour!

It may sound like a really sad suggestion, but I think its a good idea to do something that you can concentrate on... Something to stop you thinking about food. Doesn't have to be knitting, for example, go and have a bath and concentrate on exfoliating your body, paint a funky pattern on your nails, reorganise your room, do your expenses, work out your weekly budget... Anything!

I hope this helps?

x

Alli you are so right.
I have taken to doing jigsaws!! And yes I can hear you all laughing!! :8855:
But they help me to focus on something, if I just sit in front of the tv I want to eat.
I think everyone knows the feeling of turning to food when you've had a bad day, and I don't think there is a single person on here who has not had a bad food day. But what everyone says is right, we have to just pick ourselves up and start again the next day.

I think thats a really good idea on how to do something to take your mind of it all and give you something else to focus on,Might have to have a think about it

Back