Head screwed on again. I can do this!!!

If anyone needs tasty, interesting and healthy food then it's people in hospital. They really need to get a grip on this. Your food sounded terrible Karion!

:D Well let's just say I didn't ask for seconds :D

Weird about the soya mince as I usually quite like that, but it tasted very odd. The food has been fine when I've been in hospital before. It's probably because they weren't expecting me to stay in. I got the leftovers I think:D

I was just thinking today that I haven't done a KD food diary on here for ages. Really should do one. Hang on...dinner needs turning down :)

Pre Breakfast :D (about 6:00am) smoothie. Skimmed milk, loads of berries (straight from the freezer:D) greek yoghurt, honey.

Breakfast: Porridge with sliced banana and a few chopped nuts. Oh, and a little more Greek yoghurt;) Cooked enough for two to share with DS2. DH not around (works nights)

Lunch: Again, DS2 and I shared the leftovers from yesterday. Tomato and feta pasta. I made some coconut flapjacks a couple of days ago and had planned on having one, but it seems that they were stolen:eek: (DS2 and his friends me thinks:rolleyes:), so had nothing. DS2 had a yoghurt.

Mid afternoon: Over friend's house. Had a taxi bar.

Dinner... Cheesy tomatoey tortellini.

Recipe
250g spinach and ricotta tortellini
Tomato pasta sauce, which I make just using tinned toms, garlic, onion and herbs etc. I make large amounts and freeze in bags.
Mozzarella torn up
Olive oil

Cook tortellini in boiling water.

Wipe dish with olive oil, and add drained tortellini to cover the base. Add a layer of torn up mozzarella (about half....100g?). Top with tomato sauce, then add the rest of the cheese. I drizzle a little more olive oil over the top. Cook under the grill for about 5-7 minutes.

Sometimes I add a layer of spinach to it...but not today. Ate it all yesterday :(

Anyway, will serve with salad :)

Flapjack crumble to follow (Autumn fruits...thank goodness for the freezer) topped with some mixture I saved when I made the flapjacks. I'll probably have mine later tonight or tomorrow.

Didn't have the crumble last night. Went to the fridge to get it out, but fancied some smoked, peppered mackerel instead:p Had one fillet of that instead. Ooooh, I love that stuff.
nyam2.gif

Brunch: Egg, 1 slice bacon, 1 chipolata on 2 slices of seed bread toasted with mushrooms and cherry toms

Dinner: Roast chicken (about 3 slices), 2 medium roast potato, 1 roast parsnip, mashed carrot and swede, brussels (roasted), cauli, brocc, carrots, gravy. Crumble from yesterday.

Evening: 3 choccies from Xmas box pressie :)

Is soya mince like quorn mince?? I bought some last week but darent try it!!

Is soya mince like quorn mince?? I bought some last week but darent try it!!

It's a similar idea (meat substitute), but soya is made from the soy bean whereas Quorn is made from the Mycoprotein fungus.

Don't be put off by the word fungus;)

Once you add the sauce to the mince, you'll probably not tell the difference between that and the real thing. Lower fat, lower in cholesterol, and calories.

Quorn is delicious! It really tastes like chicken to me, as for soy mince, that is an acquired taste lol

Im going to try it Friday, I have my meal plan for the week and Im cooking loads!! Tonight is honey glazed gammon, the honey glaze is home made, it smells lovely, Im having it with Salad.

Tomorrow is home made fish bites with wholemeal bread crumbs.

Thursday is a treat, fajitas, my fav!!!

I don't eat quorn or soy mince. Used to though, but it's not something I would choose to get

AAahhh, but KD, what you do eat doesn't look bad at all.
nyam2.gif

Well done for getting your head back on again
JC_gimmefive.gif

Oh thankyou KD. Nice of you to say so :)
:D

Wonder if I can approve my own messages :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

KD, you are doing fab at getting on track, I like the sound of what you eat!!!

You do have to make my fish bites, they are delightful! I never eat fish, unless its birds eye, so Im really proud of having it

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

KD, you are doing fab at getting on track,

Nah, not really, if I'm honest. Was just trying to give myself a bit of encouragement:eek:. Been feeling very negative about it all these last few weeks. Got to get myself out of it, but not really sure how:confused:.

You do have to make my fish bites, they are delightful! I never eat fish, unless its birds eye, so Im really proud of having it

We usually make our own fish cakes. One of the first things I taught the kids to make when they were little.

What's in your fish bites? Besides fish that is.;)

Nah, not really, if I'm honest. Was just trying to give myself a bit of encouragement:eek:. Been feeling very negative about it all these last few weeks. Got to get myself out of it, but not really sure how:confused:.

Hun, youve been through a lot these past few weeks, christmas concerts, christmas, operations etc, dont be too hard on yourself.

I know you are a great one for being busy, but maybe you need some KD time x

What's in your fish bites? Besides fish that is.;)

Nothing exciting, just haddock or cod fillet, cut in to pieces, rolled in beaten egg and then in a mixture of seasoned wholemeal breadcrumbs and paprika, baked for 15 mins and enjoy!!

Hun, youve been through a lot these past few weeks, christmas concerts, christmas, operations etc, dont be too hard on yourself.

Thankyou V. It's hard though isn't it, because how ever valid the excuse, you still have to mend any damage. It's as if the dark monster is crawling through my brain, turning off all my lightbulb moments
th_Confused8.gif

I was talking to someone the other day. She asked me how I felt now (about the weight business). I said "it's great" followed by all lovely things about it
th_bad.gif
I wont even tell you what I really was thinking. It'll make you cry.
th_cry.gif

Must keep practicing the positive thoughts until I believe them again.

Nothing exciting, just haddock or cod fillet, cut in to pieces, rolled in beaten egg and then in a mixture of seasoned wholemeal breadcrumbs and paprika, baked for 15 mins and enjoy!!

nyam2.gif

Nice thing for DD to help you make too :)

Thankyou V. It's hard though isn't it, because how ever valid the excuse, you still have to mend any damage. It's as if the dark monster is crawling through my brain, turning off all my lightbulb moments
th_Confused8.gif

I was talking to someone the other day. She asked me how I felt now (about the weight business). I said "it's great" followed by all lovely things about it
th_bad.gif
I wont even tell you what I really was thinking. It'll make you cry.
th_cry.gif

You can share hun, I wont judge

Must keep practicing the positive thoughts until I believe them again.

You must, you are such a special person, I wouldnt be here and in the place without you x

Nice thing for DD to help you make too :)
nyam2.gif

Sure is, she loves em too!

SO kd, THE LATE NIGHT SOFA WILL BE OPEN AGAIN THIS EVENING, oops caps lock, Ill be off and on as I want to sort some stuff out off the PC, but if you are about then pop in for a chin wag. If not, then Im always up for a PM, makes my day when I get a message, thats hsow sad I am.

Right, High school musical with DD is shouting, and as Ive been working 7 days this week Id better go.

:wave_cry:

Back