Head screwed on again. I can do this!!!

:D :D Tell me where the piccie was taken then, cos I don't have a clue :D

if i'm correct the church on the left hand side of the photo is the Epiphany Church on Castle Lane & so the picture would be taken from somewhere in the vicinity of Priory View Rd / Redbreast Rd.

Thanks Cheryl. Now...your opinion. One of the dressing (see through plasters) looks a bit yucky. Not too bad, doesn't hurt or anything, but not as 'clean' as the others. Beginning to smell a little too:eek::eek:

I'm allowed to take it off on Saturday and feel sure it'll get better then. Any thoughts? As I say..it's not bad, or I'd go to the drs. Is this normal though?

anything that has been enclosed with out air for a number of days will look like this. As you are able to take it off on Saturday it should be fine, if it was any longer then i'd say go to you practice nurse.Once the dressing is off & the area cleaned it should look like the others. If you have ANY concerns thou its your GP's or at the least NHS Direct.
xxx

if i'm correct the church on the left hand side of the photo is the Epiphany Church on Castle Lane & so the picture would be taken from somewhere in the vicinity of Priory View Rd / Redbreast Rd.

That makes sense.
anything that has been enclosed with out air for a number of days will look like this. As you are able to take it off on Saturday it should be fine, if it was any longer then i'd say go to you practice nurse.Once the dressing is off & the area cleaned it should look like the others. If you have ANY concerns thou its your GP's or at the least NHS Direct.

Excellent! Thanks nurse Pandora :clap:

Can't wait to [STRIKE]rip[/STRIKE] gently peel it off and have a bath :D

Mornin KD, Hope you are having a nice lovely lie in with a cup of tea in bed.

I am pleased to report that xmas excess has dropped off the scales due to wise choices and healthy eating and as of day I am 4lbs lighter than I was last week!!!!

Im very thrilled so I thought Id hijack your diary, Im not brave enough to open my own up again just yet!!!

Now then, 10lbs to go and Im right back to where I was 1 year ago!!!

Have a restful day x

Sorry, just picked up on this thread today. Hugs to you. I know by experience how horrible gall bladder ops are, I had mine march last year. I hope you feel better soon. At least you are shot of the useless organ. Once I got over the op, I haven't had any problems since. Take Care.

Sorry, just picked up on this thread today. Hugs to you. I know by experience how horrible gall bladder ops are, I had mine march last year. I hope you feel better soon.

Hiya Sedalia. Good to see you here. Feeling good today. In fact, it hasn't been too bad, but I have enjoyed making a meal out of it :D Don't get much opportunity to actually have something people can see to gain some sympathy :D

Mornin KD, Hope you are having a nice lovely lie in with a cup of tea in bed.

:confused: Lie in?? Lie in?? What's one of them. Actually started work today. Not too much, just 1/2hour lesson here, and another 'there'. It's been fine. Went out for a longer walk. Definitely feel well enough to drive, but will wait until tomorrow like instructed
angel5.gif

I am pleased to report that xmas excess has dropped off the scales due to wise choices and healthy eating and as of day I am 4lbs lighter than I was last week!!!!

th_welldonewoohoo.gif

Good on ya. See. I knew you could do it
th_Clap1.gif

Im very thrilled so I thought Id hijack your diary, Im not brave enough to open my own up again just yet!!!
You're very welcome here V. Fortunately/unfortunately:D this is a quiet thread that doesn't attract much attention, but it makes a good place to come if you need a bit of peace and quiet.

Sort of like visiting a good friend for coffee after a shopping session at Oxford street.

I think it's the fault of my thread titles. I guess I could make them more attractive.

Just Sex!!!!!!! (multiply ! by 1,000)
My poos....sorry folks:eek:

Can't though, as they don't apply to the content of this thread. Will rethink.

Ahhhh. What about.

I'm all cut up....help!!!!! (multiply ! by 1,000)
or
Just Can't stop Eating!!!!(multiply ! by 1,000)
Both of these apply to me at the mo:eek:

Maybe I'll just leave it as it is, and enjoy the tranquility :cool:

Thers lots of lurkers KD do a lot of that myself. Could someone please tell me how to start a new thread im rubbish at this thanks.

Could someone please tell me how to start a new thread im rubbish at this thanks.

Depends which 'forum' you want here, but if you go to http://www.minimins.com/ you can pick :D

Once you've clicked on the forum of your choice, you'll see the button
newthread.gif

(Top of the messages to the left)

It'll open up a new box for you to type in.

Gives us a shout if you have a problem

Day 8 after op. Have taken tummy button plaster off. That was the one that was bothering me slightly. OMG, it looks amazing :clap:

Once I'd wiped everything away, I'm left with a little scar with hardly any redness. Looks like it was done years ago:eek:

Will take the others off when I have my long awaited bath.

Am so proud of my body's ability to heal itself
curtsey.gif

Started back at work yesterday, but only part time (4 hours):cool: Going to work up the hours until full time. It's not so easy when you are self employed to take too much time off, but it was okay. I survived...obviously :D

So pleased to have had this op done and dusted. My only slight concern (well...I have to have one don't I:p) is some discomfort where my gallbladder was. It's strange because it wasn't there for the few days days after the op, just came on yesterday morning.

It's like a very mild gallbladder attack:confused: A niggling pain that doesn't go away. It's not bad though, just aware that it's constantly there. Wonder if you can get phantom pains:confused:

Anyway, dead chuffed at how the wounds are healing. My goodness...my body is amazing
boast.gif

This is odd.

One of my concerns about having this operation was that I have a history of suffering from extreme depression following ops. It usually starts a few days after the op and can go on for weeks. I eventually saw the connection and wondered whether it was to do with the anaesthetic.

I asked doctors, but they just didn't know.

This time I asked the anaesthetist. Think I mentioned it before on this thread:confused: At first, he didn't seem to think there was a link, then suddenly remembered that a few people had mentioned it, so promised to check out what was used in the past.

Anyway, strange as it may seem, I had completely forgotten:confused: So much going on this week:rolleyes:

So today has been an excellent day. Very happy, very relaxed. Not thinking about my state of mind (except being very happy and relaxed:D) Given 4 lessons this morning which went well. Done some cleaning and popped on various forums for a read and write. All was well..............

When suddenly, I have this most incredible urge to burst into tears! Not sad or anything:confused: Just want to have a big cry.

How odd is that!!!

I used to be like that about the dentists - having a filling would put me in bed for a couple of days and I would feel rotten. Anyhow, got a new dentist and told him why I had stopped going and straight away he said he thought he knew what it was, and would I come back on another day for treatment. Went, and everything was fine....turned out my reaction was due to the chemical adrenelin (sure that is spelt wrong) in the locals that most used.

Hope you are luckier than I was. Where they went into me just above my belly button, I have now developed an incisional hernia which will eventually have to be repaired. It doesn't hurt but it makes my belly stick out into a point and it feels like I have a ring doughnut there!

Hi KD,

Re the phantom pain in your back, I was still getting niggly pains 6 weeks post op. The consultant was puzzled, said it shouldn't still be hurting etc etc and to see the GP if it didn't go away, to look for other causes. Well I just put up with it, I was SURE it was related to the GB was it was such a familiar feeling. Anyway, it finally went after 3 months, it was never bad, just niggly and a nuisance. Since then, I have been fine (I am 6 months post op now).

So I'd say don't worry - so long as it isn't bad - give it time and I'm sure it will go. Even though we've had keyhole surgery and there's precious little to see on the outside, it's still a big op on the inside, if you know what I mean, and will take time to heal. Of course if it gets bad or you feel unwell, I know you'll see a Dr. I don't really need to say that, do I?!!!
SM

Last edited:
Hope you are luckier than I was. Where they went into me just above my belly button, I have now developed an incisional hernia which will eventually have to be repaired. It doesn't hurt but it makes my belly stick out into a point and it feels like I have a ring doughnut there!

This is also my experience, I had the initial repair done but didnt take it easy, came straight home to take care of Callum who was a baby .......ex was no use.
That repair has subsequently gone up the spout and as some have seen its bigger and better than before.

KD I struggle to see my scars now....it really is amazing how good a scar they can achieve...... I think quite a few people have the same reaction as you after surgery, I think there is some relief that you have actually come round as you always think about the worse happening.

Ahh Thanks for the reassurance. I did expect more pain after the op. It's been surprisingly painless.

Was just a bit surprised to have the pain start 7 days later. Was always a bit slow on the uptake
th_girl_crazy.gif

Did a little too much today. Finished work and decided to go out and do the family food shop. Got stuck at the checkouts when the previous customer had a problem. Was there forever! Felt crap by the time they got to me....when hey hey...along comes an 'acquaintance' who wanted to talk for ages. Bless her....but I could hardly stand by then.

Got in the car and couldn't get out of the carpark. Couldn't work out where the wipers were:confused: Then got stuck in the carpark queue :sigh:

Ended up being a 4 hour trip. So annoying.

Home now though and pain not bad. Tooth is annoying though :p :D

Back