Head screwed on again. I can do this!!!

Never do things by halves matey, thats your motto!!!

My healthy eating is going smashing still, I did think about going down the self sabbotage route, but I thought nah, whats the point in that, I just had a bowl of fruit n fibre instead (tescos not kellogs!)

Made a fish pie today, goodness knows why, I dont really like fish, just thought it might be nice. Its in the bin.

Got a christening to go to tommorrow and a DD with strep throat, have to see how that goes overnight really me thinks, was at the emergency docs first thing, he took one look at her throat and stepped back in shock, wondered why she wasnt very ill with a throat like that. I said you havent seen her at 4 this morning before calpol calprofen and everything else I could get down without her screaming too much! Poor thing was as high as a kite!

Ah well, as along as she sleeps tonight we will be half way there, out of hours doc was fab, shame it wasnt so easy seeing him, 3 bluddy screenings by call handlers before I even got a look in! "We dont usually do anything for a sore throat you know" I know I screamed, its not JUST a sore bleedin throat, shes coughing up blood for goodness sake. " calm down please, someone will ring you within the hour!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ay well, at least I got 2 hours off work, rolled in at 11.

Anyway, nuff about me, you managed to rest yet???

Vx

Shes doing great now the penicillin has kicked in.

How did the bath go, is everything healing nicely??

Shes doing great now the penicillin has kicked in.

Cool Have pm'd you

How did the bath go, is everything healing nicely??
Everything looking great. It's just the pain that's annoying.

right....minor rant.

I was due back at school on lst Monday, but owing to the op, HT and I agreed for me to have 4 days off and return tomorrow. I worked an extra week that I wasn't contracted to do to make up for it.

On Monday, the school phoned. They noted I wasn't in :confused: Could I phone 'this' parent, and could I speak to 'that' child...oh and could I get my plans in....etc etc.

No "how are you...did the op go okay?" Admit, I was a little miffled (just a tad), but I know they're busy, so just said I'd do it.

Today I went in to update and take in the things I've worked on this week (ohhh for a job that I only had to do at work:rolleyes::D).

HTeach asked how I was, gave me a hug. Bless.

Nobody else:cry: Not a soul.

In the end, I went into the office and reminded them that I was back tomorrow and feeling better after my days off, what with the op.

Them: What op??

Bloomin sure I told them. Seems that only the HT knew.:confused:

I asked where they thought I was, and they said they didn't like to ask since I hadn't offered the information:confused:

Must admit that I did think nobody cared:rolleyes: Still not sure they do, otherwise surely they would have remembered.
th_Confused8.gif

I've always said that I could die and they wouldn't notice until they needed something :D

Minor rant over.

A fair enough rant. I'd rant to. Still the main thing is all your MM friends worried about you, thought about you and cared about you. You know that.

We are all very pleased that you have done so well on the recovery front, but I do think work should have left you alone. Fair's fair. You should be able to recover from an op in peace.

Take care, lots of love

You should be able to recover from an op in peace.

I don't mind the work, just miffed that nobody asked how I was before they gave me my todo list :D.....but then they wouldn't ask how I was if they've forgotten I was having an op.:rolleyes:

It's madness. They forget I'm deaf and can't use the phone. They forget I'm ill, even though I never have time off, so most people would take notice. I should be used to it now.

When I wrote out my funeral requests some time ago (yes...I have done that :D) I said to DH "if possible keep reminding school, because they won't remember to come":rolleyes:

I didn't need great displays of love and care...just for them to remember :sigh:

What a bummer, Karion.

When I was off with 'trolley injury', I got a bunch of flowers and a get well card. This is the norm at our school. We have a slush fund which we all regularly donate to, to cover these expenses.

The trolley injury occured when I was in a hurry to get some shopping in after school. I walked briskly towards the entrance of the supermarket but was looking down at my shopping list instead of where I was going. I slammed right into the doorway and the corner of the trolley handle went into my side. Owwww. Well, I was so embarrassed and pretended nothing had happened, but I did my shop in a daze. Daft moo!

When I went along to the A&E after a sleepless night (couldn't lie down), they said "you have to phone NHS24 and be referred". Yes, really.

I went outside and phoned NHS24 and two hours later they called back. "All I want is to find out whether I've broken or fractured my ribs" I said. "Oh, we don't do x-rays for that any more because the advice is the same - just painkillers and rest" was the reply. So, off to the doctors on Monday, who was symathetic and signed me off. I hated staying off work, but I wouldn't have been able to do anything!

Take care now, KD!

AmandaJayne

Aw KD, You know we all care about you, maybe they thought it was something personal so didnt like to ask??

Im sure you are loved on the outside as much as you are in cyber world.

I lost another 1.5lbs this week, I know that will cheer you up ;)

I think because you are so competent, people think you can do everything, after all, you are the only deaf music teacher I know, and you are one of the most competent people I know.

Hugs matey, hope your day is better x

Just wanted to ask you a question Karion. Have you noticed any change in your ability to detect satiety since you had your gallbladder out?

"Oh, we don't do x-rays for that any more because the advice is the same - just painkillers and rest" was the reply. So, off to the doctors on Monday, who was symathetic and signed me off. I hated staying off work, but I wouldn't have been able to do anything!

Take care now, KD!

AmandaJayne

Ouch. Sounds bad :( I think it's strange. I don't make a fuss, so I don't get a fuss made of me :D Even so, if I was feeling a little low, I could easily wonder whether anyone cared really (in my offline world that is:rolleyes:)

what with school not mentioning it...not even a 'how are you', but also............

When DS2 (aged 20) had his op last month, we had two phone calls. One from some 'care' lady. Don't know who it was, but she phoned up two days later to check he was okay and to remind him that he could call her anytime.

Then the doctor phoned to make sure he was okay.

Me....nuffink from nobody:(

Aw KD, You know we all care about you, maybe they thought it was something personal so didnt like to ask??

Yeah, but I did actually tell them I was having an op. I remember the conversation, because they told me not to do crazy things (like I do:eek:) when I get back.

As it was, one person did remember. Not a colleague that I have much to do with. She asked me if I was better :clap: but then went on to say that she never thought that I would have it done in a million years :D

Funny that, because all my private students parents have all come back saying "so...did you actually go?" :D And looked really surprised when I said Yes :D
I lost another 1.5lbs this week, I know that will cheer you up ;)
Oh well done V!! Excellent work!! :clap:

Just wanted to ask you a question Karion. Have you noticed any change in your ability to detect satiety since you had your gallbladder out?

Ummm. Do you know...I'm not sure. I came out absolutely ravenous. After doing the pre-op fast, and two hours after the op, I was offered 2 types of sandwich. Both white bread (which I'm not keen on). Decided to go for one, but it was so dry and they were busy so I didn't have any water. I was parched, and ended up leaving the sandwich.

For dinner I was offered and sandwich:confused: or soya bolognese. I went for the soya as I still hadn't been given a drink and thought it might be moist. Was given a small cereal bowl. Just pasta and soya mince. No veg:cry:

Not sure if there was anything wrong with it, but it tasted foul. I'm not that fussy really, and was starving, so I ate it, then threw up.

They didn't offer me pud:cry:

Needless to say, when I got home I ate everything and continued in that vein for most of the week.

I did feel very hungry, but I'm not 100% sure it really was true hunger. What with not working and I get bored so quick. Wasn't allowed to drive, so drove my self stoopid sat here....and of course, it's easy to make time pass with eating.

Still....didn't really gain any weight, so perhaps I needed it

All fine now though. Feel very much back to normal (except the pain), but hungry signals normal and not craving anything really now.

KD, you sound like you could still do with some regular doses of a very important medicine.
It is called 'TLC' and is a requirement for all young folk, like yourself, who have undergone surgery. I am sending you 2 weeks worth of doses immediately in the hope that it will aid your recovery!

With much love

KD, you sound like you could still do with some regular doses of a very important medicine.
It is called 'TLC' and is a requirement for all young folk, like yourself, who have undergone surgery. I am sending you 2 weeks worth of doses immediately in the hope that it will aid your recovery!

With much love

Awww. Thankyou my friend. I really am okay, it just explained why they phoned me with my todo list and didn't ask how I was even though I had only got out of hosp the day before. If they hadn't remembered I was having it, they aren't going to ask about my recovery:rolleyes:

I know they are always incredibly busy. So much to do....so little time, and everyone is so focussed on their job....me included. Nothing else exsists sometimes.:sigh:

You didn't see my question :p Have you noticed any change in satiety since you had your gallbladder out? Because it secretes a hormone that is involved in satiety feelings and I am having trouble knowing when I am satisfied....

Feel very much back to normal (except the pain), but hungry signals normal and not craving anything really now.

You didn't see my question :p Have you noticed any change in satiety since you had your gallbladder out?

Oh yes, the hunger and satiety signals seem to be as they were before. Still early days though as I've only just gone back to work, and sometimes the signals get a little 'confused' when I'm out of routine;)

It does take time to recognise them though Sedalia. Be patient with yourself.

Thanks. I have no problem with hunger, just satiety. I just have to be patient as you say...

Back