Health versus being Thin

Hi All

I've just picked up this thread & throughly enjoyed reading it, some interesting points.

I'm losing weight first & foremost for my health, but a nice bonus is to be slimmer. My mum & dad both suffer with bad health, mum's is weight related. My MIL suffers weight related health problems. I just don't want to be in that situation.

Pre SW days I was a size 14 which I don't consider 'fat' but acceptable, even at 5ft 2ins.

Each bit of weight I lose I do know it's getting me to be slimmer & in myself it gives me a happier, comfortable feeling. I wouldn't say confidence as I don't really lack that. As I lose more weight I do think MY clothes sit better on my body & look nicer. For me personally I feel I look better :).

Morning Michelle

Well done on your weight loss, I see you are getting close to goal. I also have to say that you come across with a really heathly attitude to the whole weight loss issue.

Irishmum, I did comment on the thread that Nerys posted, but only to say see a doctor as I can't offer advice like you can because I do not know enough about diets and calories, proteins etc. I will see shortly what he has replied but so long as you feel better..... and as for mini aero..... are you trying to make me jealous? I can taste it just thinking about it.

Morning Tarotmum,

How are you?

Lets go and see what if anything he has replied to me.

Best regards

Hiya girls,

I'm good this morning, how are you all? I could just eat a mini aero myself but I try to save all my extra calories for the evening when my willpower is at it's weakest.

Ate some chocolate last night when I'd used all my extras up, so I'm 100 down already today. I think I should make a big pan of soup to eat if I'm hungry to stop me hankering after other stuff.

I think I'll have a look at the VLCD section to see if there's any update. I remember when I used to go to the slimming club I often wished I was male because they were allowed far more calories and the weight dropped off them!

Tracey

Ha-ha! Tell him that!!! LOL! No update today...I may have scared him off?
(and the mini aero was strictly stress relief. ;))

I think any diet to lose weight is healthier than being obese.

I think any diet to lose weight is healthier than being obese.
I think thats a very sweeping statement. This particular man is literally risking his life by dieting the way he is- he's putting his already under strain body through tremendous ordeal. He is seriously at risk of cardiac arrest. These are facts, which he claims he doesn't care about? His perogative, I can't change his mind so I stopped trying. By dieting 'properly', (at at his weight- under medical supervision) he will get to his goal eventually- he wants to be there NOW, regardless of the consequences. Me- I'd rather be overweight and alive, than slim & dead.

I've put something on the VLCD thread, see if we get a reply or whether you've well and truly scared him off.
He's replied, again with a valid question, which shows he's listening to your point (which was a brilliant analogy by the way!) But he's still not convinced by the 'upping your cal intake' argument. He just wants to lose 4-5lbs a week NOW! LOL! Never mind.
I guess it's just me he's pi**ed off with!:p;)

EDIT: I can't wait to see the response to your reply- I bet it'll be along the lines of "I see your point BUT...."!;)

Last edited:
Afternoon to you all.

I see our American gentlemen has got this thread talking........ He did reply to what I put to say he can't afford a doctor but I did say to him they have state hospitals over there for those that can't afford health care but he seems to have ignored that point. I am not going to stress about him, I have my own problems to contend with and I really can't handle added stresses. I can always support people when they need help but I am not going to try to take his issues on.

I see Tarotwomen and Irishmum that you must both be chocoholics like me. Thankfully I do get my chocolate covered brazil nuts and chocolate brownies from Go Lower, otherwise I would be bald now from pulling my hair out. I NEED MY CHOCOLATE to survive, at least that is what I tell my hubby!

Hi Kirsty, I don't know if you have read his thread but it is worth a read if you haven't and then you will see why he has generated the comments he has.

See you soon

but he seems to have ignored that point.
LOL! He has a tendancy to do that- or 'bypass' things he doesn't want to hear, as he puts it! :p
As for the chocolate, I try to keep a stash of flytes (l/f choc bars) and highlights hot choc handy to stave off really bad cravings? It doesn't always work, but they help! ;)

No I didn't read the whole way through it lol, will do though

Hiya girls,

Irishmum, you're probably right about a reply, 'I see your point but...'. Never mind, I want to lose weight, but not that much.

Yep, I'm a chocoholic as well. I'm a bit like an alcoholic with chocolate, I hide the stuff so hubby can't eat it. He's away at the moment doing voluntary work so no need to now but he'll find bars hidden in silly places like a drawer full of videos. I only eat a little bit but I do have some everyday. My favourites at the moment are cadburys freddo frogs and mini galaxy ripples. Have any of you had the new cadbury chocolate elves yet? They are cadbury chocolate with space dust, or popping candy in - they're lovely and only 75 cals. I have the highlights drinks too. Love them.

Tracey

FREDDO FROGS........ you are so cruel Tracey. My son had one in his school bag the other day and I really didn't want to give it to him as my mouth was watering so badly....... CADBURYS is the best chocolate in my eyes, forget Thorntons and all the expensive choccies, give me cadburys anyday! Chocolate elves???? maybe I will have to search one out and put it away, but then I will probably cave in and eat it if I know it is in the house. Wispas..... why did they have to bring them back. I have to stop THIS! I must stop writing about chocolate it is not good for me.

As you can see I also have a problem with the stuff. I can talk about Irishmums flyte bars as I have not seen them for ages but I did used to eat them as they tasted OK. If I think of them I can get away from the items I have just written about above. Sad aren't I?

At least when I do eat it I do not have to hide it. Hubby knows not to eat my chocolate if he wants to stay married to me. Also I can't keep it in the house long enough to hide it.

Kirsty have you had a read yet? It is a long thread. I did try to offer a little bit of advice but he is not my problem. Some people may think that is cruel but I have got to a stage in my life where I can not help others that do not help themselves and he has his agenda that he wants to follow so that is his choice.

All the best and speak soon

Hi Suzi,

I didn't know they had brought W*****s back! We don't get everything here so when they have stuff in the English shops that you want you have to buy it then and put it away. Hence the need to hide from hubby. He doesn't have the same addiction that we women have, he can quite happily eat a lot then nothing for weeks - wouldn't do for me.

How old is your son? Mine used to have allsorts in his school bag, bits of twig, conkers, and letters that he should have brought home.

Tracey

Hiya,

Hope you had a great Xmas, mine was all planned to be quiet and then went manic.

Tarotwomen, I didn't realise you were in Spain, whereabouts?

Yes we have W****S back here, I think for just over a year now, so hopefully they will get to you eventually.

My sons are 3 and 4, and they both come home with all sorts, even xmas pressies that I have no idea who they came from! How old is yours?

My hubby is the same, he can take it or leave it, he just does not suffer with the sweet tooth I have.

Hi Suzy,

I did have a great Christmas and it did stay quiet. My son came, he's 27 so we didn't do much but sit around and eat, drink and watch tele. He's gone back now coz he's back at work today. I've got a daughter too, she's 29 but she stayed at home with her 2 girls.

I'm in Almeria, if I'm online look at the user map and I'm the one southeast. Usually the only one in Spain.

I'll have to look out for the w****s in the English shops, my son did bring me a good supply of allsorts though - it's a good job he doesn't mind coming over with much more that a toothbrush and underwear coz he has a list as long as your arm of stuff to bring.

I bet it was lovely with the boys opening their prezzies Christmas morning, it's not quite the same when they get older.

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Belated Feliz Navidad, and happy new year, sorry I can't remember the Spanish for that! I didn't know we had a map. I shall have to check it out. I have spent many a holiday on the costa so I know roughly where you are.

The boys had soo much fun over xmas as they had soo many toys but we did spread it out over both days.

Does you son come over often just to keep you in the things you need? Toothbrush and undies, that is just traveling far to light for me. I need my suitcase and my husbands when we go away and he just about gets by with two pairs of shorts and a couple of t-shirts!

Hiya,

Ano nuevo is new year, I'm not brilliant at Spanish but I get by.

My son has been over 3 times this year, in the summer he came with his girlfriend so he did bring a bit more then but not too much. It's not as bad as it sounds not bringing much coz he doesn't need to bring any toiletries or towels and he does leave some stuff here as well.

When I go on holiday with hubby I'm the same as you I collect all my stuff together and if there's any weight allowance left he gets to use it. I reckon the thinner I get the smaller my dresses will be and take up less room and weight but knowing me I'd just take more of them.

Happy new year or Feliz ano nuevo.

Tracey

Hola
Feliz ano nuevo

When I go on holiday with hubby I'm the same as you I collect all my stuff together and if there's any weight allowance left he gets to use it. I reckon the thinner I get the smaller my dresses will be and take up less room and weight but knowing me I'd just take more of them.

The thinner I get will mean I can buy more clothes that fit and I will want to show of my figure more so I will probably end up with wanting to take even more clothes. I do try to keep out of the kids suitcases as they really need their own stuff, although with no nappies etc now that should actually give me quite a bit more allowance.

Last edited:
Back