Health versus being Thin

Cakeless - a bowl of soup and some bread doesn't sound bad to me! I'm a bit fussy too sometimes - although a lot better than I used to be!
One thing I'm trying to do is eat at least one thing I'm not keen on every day or two, and trying new recipes (helps if you have time to cook) because sometimes cooking something in a different way can make it seem nicer (e.g i love cooked tomatos now but not raw, but I'll still put a couple in whatever I'm having sometimes and try a bit some days I eat them some days I don't).
If you're really worried you could take supplements.

Peachy - If you've decided you don't want to eat chocolate then stick to it! Your diet sounds good from what I've gathered. Just make sure your next meal/snack is something you enjoy and you'll remember that not only is your diet working, but you like it too! There's a reason you've chosen it.

Sugar fiend, funny you should mention. I just had a Muller light and it satisfied my craving. I do have a problem with sugar but I've managed it really well so far so it's ok.

It's the dreaded birthday cake episode tomorrow although it was resolved by going to the restaurant. If I feel pressured to have some, I can always share it with a friend. Now I'm worried about the meal but I'll just try to leave whatever's worse.

Back on topic, I want to lose weight to be thin but a big motivation for me was all the little things that were wrong with me such as anaemia, sleep problems, constantly getting sick, and what not. I realised it was probably due to not being in shape. Also having highly frustrating experiences when shopping which is one of my favourite things. I'd say they go hand in hand for me, but since I'm not terribly unhealthy (I don't really eat junk, just have lots of good food), then I'd lean more towards being thin for the first time in my life.

If I am perfectly honest, I would say that I put more importance on being thin, than being healthy.

Having said that although I have always been overweight which put me at higher risk of developing problems, I have not had any yet. Which probably has alot to do with my attitude.

I do know better, but I'm just being honest!

I think so much has to do with attitude as well and what I love about this site is that we can all be honest.

I am one of those that does need a treat to look forward to and that is why this time my diet is working. For me the saying, "a little of what you fancy does you good" is what I am following right now and by sticking to just a little I am staying in control.

Gone are the days of eating lots of chocolate and crisps and then looking at the empty packets and wrappers and thinking Oh s**t have I really just eaten two packets of crisps and a packet of chocolate buttons etc while watching tv.

KookieDoh that swan is just waiting to emerge from all of us and you are right a size 10 will not mean life is perfect but it is like winning the lotto, money doesn't buy love and happines but it can certainly help! So long as we feel confident in ourselves the sky is the limit.

Oh I'm not saying that it wouldn't actually cross my mind! Who wouldn't take a magic pill that shrank you in a day?! Being slim and able to do certain things is taken way too much for granted in my opinion and we all plan to get there after all! My point was that I get that it won't be a total problem solver and that I feel health is still more important! :)

Everyone has their own motivation and if what you're doing works for you, that's what matters. :)

Back