Health versus being Thin

Sounds good to me, I can't wait for shopping for clothes to be a pleasure again. Last holiday I went on I got tons of stuff out, tried them on and put most back coz they either looked awful or I couldn't get in them.

Are you back on the diet properly yet? I've tried to stick to as much of it as possible but it's so difficult at this time of year. I'm dreading getting weighed Monday coz i'm sure I'll have put even more on, but if I look on the bright side if I hadn't started when I did I'd be loads heavier.

Tracey

Hi
I have to stick to my diet pretty well as with Go Lower it puts your body into ketosis. I do get my treats though. I could never have survived without my chocolate brazil nuts.........YUMMMMMYYYYYY!

I too am looking forward to getting into all those clothes again, I won't throw any old clothes out as I sooo want to fit into them again. One thing I do want to throw away is the big baggy jumpers... I can't wait until I feel confident enough to stop wearing them.

How did weight in go? I am sure you are doing really well.

well i think to be truly honest i would rather be thin than healthy . im soo wanting to be thin . if i need to go the unheathy option such as under 1000 cals a day i will plus 5 , 3 hour gym sessions a week i should be thin soon . shouldnt i ?

Hi Tracey
Well done you!!!!

I have another week until weigh in as my diet works on a stone a month so to me their is no point in being weighed until the month is up.

I feel I have done really well as I have found the diet quite easy to stick to.

I hear a cork popping soon.

Hi Tracey
I have done really well so far so I should be on target!

D3bblicious3,
I know what you mean about being thin at whatever it takes and I have to say at one point that was the way I was thinking but since being on this site and finally being on a diet that works for me I am changing my attitude.

With all the hard work you are putting in at the gym I am sure you will see some good results really soon. Personally I am to lazy for the gym!

Hi Suzi,
I'll pop a cork for you too when you get to target - any excuse! I'm getting back into it after Christmas, I was finding it difficult but I'm back on track I think. I've done my exercises again tonight on total gym, not sure whether that'll help me lose any quicker but it should tone me up a bit, 'stead of having wobbly bits all over. It's all on tele about snow, have you got it where you are?

Hi D3bblicious3,
I'm more bothered about what I look like than health but if you can lose weight and be healthier at the same time that's even better.

Tracey

well i think as long as you eat something and exercise thats ok . But if u dont eat and exercise thats not good . Ive just wanted to be thin for sooo long . Diets do cost alot of money so i dont knwo what one id go for :( i need a cheap one . Im on the promax diet weight loss shakes the now . Been on that for a good few months and ive only lot about a stone . I dont think it works. So im thinking about something else . Maybe just healthy eating and exercising. alot of exercising haha

Diets do cost alot of money so i dont knwo what one id go for :( i need a cheap one . Maybe just healthy eating and exercising.
'Diets' don't cost a lot of money- Diet 'products' cost a lot of money. Eating well doesn't have to cost a lot of money, and exercise is free if you do it away from a gym??
After a lifetime of being seriously overweight, and battling an ED, I know 100% for sure that I would choose Health over being 'thin' anytime. My main goal was being able to shop on the high street- something most people take for granted. I got that far and realised I could actually lose weight while eating well, so carried on until the losses tailed off- I guess to lose more I'd have to up my exercise (I'd rather do that than cut my food- who wants to starve for the rest of their lives? Life's too short.), so for the minute I'm concentrating on losing the Christmas 'bloat', then I'll maintain for a while, then maybe have a go at getting to my ultimate goal, which is simply to get under the 10st mark! I'll never be a size zero- nor would I want to be, but as long as I'm here in 20-odd years to see my girls all grown up & happy & healthy- then I'll be satisfied!

Hi D3bblicious3,

If you want a cheap diet, have all your meals from the basics. I haven't tried to do a cheap diet particularly but the money I spend on food has decreased a lot since I've been dieting. I eat tons of vegetables (really cheap), one piece of fruit a day (coz good as it is for you, it does have more calories than the veg) and small portions of potatos, rice, pasta, bread. The most expensive things I eat are a lot of chicken and fish but these are much cheaper than the junk I was eating.

One of the main things I do is make a shopping list of these things and stick to it regardless of offers for things I don't want. I do have extra calories each day for choc or alcohol and other treats but these are always measured or weighed.

Tracey

Hi Irishmum, hope you had a good xmas and new year. I imagine with the girls it was pretty hectic.

Tracey when I hit target I may also pop a few corks, I don't normally drink but that is one celebration I am looking forward to!

D3bblicious3
You have to work out what is right for you. I have realised the diet I am on is saving me money as all my meals are supplied, (with treats thrown in) and I am not buying all that rubbish and junk that is my big weakness.

Wish I didn't normally drink, it'd save me a few calories. I don't drink much but I usually have a glass of wine while my tea is cooking. I can't stand the hangover if I drink too much so I limit it to one or two at most. I've not had it yet today so I've got that to look forward to.

Speaking of which I think I'll go and get it.

Tracey

Answering the original q - Being thin is more important to me at the moment although I see the health benefits as a kind of bonus!

I'm loving the suggestion of some bubbly when I reach target - (Sorry can't remember who suggested it first). I'm with you Tarotwoman on wishing I didn't drink though, would save a fair few calories that way. Hope you're enjoying your glass of wine.

Hope you don't mind if I poke my nose in on this thread! When I first started to lose weight I wanted to be thin soooo badly I was prepared to do whatever it took to get there. I can honestly say I've never been more focused and determined before in my life (even more so than when I gave up smoking 15 years ago)
12 months ago I was fat and 40, something I swore I wouldn't be lol! 5ft 2" and 15 stone = unhealthy BUT that wasn't what motivated me, it was pure vanity. After seeing photos of me from Xmas 08 I was mortified by my appearance and realised I'd just been in denial over it bothering me.
As the weight came off my confidence soared as did my resolve to get to goal. As the finishing line came ever closer though I started having these niggling little worries - I looked great on the outside but what about the inside???? I was 41 and had abused my body to such an extent with food over a period of about 7 years that I'd put on a stone a year.......yes 7 stone!! Also, had my 6.5 stone loss over a relatively short period of time (around 10 months) done any damage?
With this in mind I went to see my GP a few weeks ago and had some blood tests done - glucose, cholesterol etc. and a smear test as this was something I hadn't had done for 10 years. My body confidence had disintegrated to such an extent that I just couldn't do it. Luckily they all came back good and that put the biggest smile ever on my face :) Health is now my main priority but in all honesty it wasn't a year ago.

Hey Nic, wow thats a great loss. Hopefully I'll be where you are in a years time! I'm 5ft 2, starting out at 15.5 stone hoping to get down to about 9stone (if not less).
If you don't mind me asking, did you do it all through calorie counting? Any tips? And is there anything about the way you went about your weight loss that you would change (for health reasons or otherwise)?

Hi Nic68
Well done, what a fantastic loss and also great news that all is well. By the way no we don't mind you coming in on this thread as that is what we post for. It is all about what people think and as far as I am concerned the more the merrier!

Tracey have you had your glass yet? and SugarFiend I think you will find it was Tracey that made that suggestion........... and what a great one it is too.

Back